Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Monokne wrote: »
    I downloaded two of them but they don't seem to be working :confused:

Do you have Root permissions? Most of them require that you do.

If not, try DNSEt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Guys - a friend of mine has sent me the email below. I do not know the answer to his query at all except that I thought that maybe the stick was not connected to the net. I would be very grateful for any ideas/answers to his problem:

'We have an NTech Alexis DX3060 android stick. When I go to my browser or anywhere for that matter it brings up the last viewing that I was on and won't continue or let me search or even google won't let me go to web sites and I don't know how to escape out of it. My screen has also enlarged and I don't know how to reduce it - nightmare!'

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

Hi, I have an MX android box with lots of repos and apps installed on it, a few more relatives of mine have recently purchased the same box. Is it it possible to transfer these reposand addons over to their boxes with a USB/SD card and if so, how can this be done?

Also, can </snip> and </snip> be installed through any repos witot the use of a pc? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Allyall wrote: »
    Do you have Root permissions? Most of them require that you do.

If not, try DNSEt

I don't, apparently...what do I do? :)

Monokne wrote: »
    I don't, apparently...what do I do? :)

You can try DNSet mentioned above, or you could install a prerooted ROM.
    (Very easy).

Extract it onto an SD Card
    Unplug Power.
    Insert Toothpick or similar into the AV hole at the back until button is pressed.
    With button still pressed attach Power.
    Wait for ROM to finish installing.
    Reboot Box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Anyone recommend a wireless not Bluetooth keyboard and mouse combo.

Preferably in Ireland for quick and free delivery, Logitech Mk270 was one that looked ok and cheap.

Anyone got a different one they would put forward?

dahat wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a wireless not Bluetooth keyboard and mouse combo.

Preferably in Ireland for quick and free delivery, Logitech Mk270 was one that looked ok and cheap.

Anyone got a different one they would put forward?

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/logitech-k400-wireless-keyboard/309584/369

But it'll be nearly half that on Amazon or online somewhere..

EDIT:
    Slightly Cheaper - http://www.komplett.ie/product/zkb-04rand/20094698/logitech-wireless-touch-keyboard-k400/details.aspx

€40 in Argos and local, big plus.

Is the K400 worth the extra €15 over the MK270?

Decent price, I paid 30 pound sterling from Amazon last Christmas.

iba wrote: »
    Decent price, I paid 30 pound sterling from Amazon last Christmas.

Is it worth the price? It would be the top end of what I was prepared to spend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

I have two air controls which are fine but I dont know how to bring up the context menu on them, have to use the other ones that came with the boxes. Anybody know if you can do this on the air controls?

dahat wrote: »
    Is it worth the price? It would be the top end of what I was prepared to spend.

IMO yes

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Got the mxii delivered yesterday from aliexpress,it came with frodo should I install Gotham on it instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I have two air controls which are fine but I dont know how to bring up the context menu on them, have to use the other ones that came with the boxes. Anybody know if you can do this on the air controls?

What two controllers have you got ?
    If they have a keyboard try the letter c.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭Invincible

Got the mxii delivered yesterday from aliexpress,it came with frodo should I install Gotham on it instead?

Was it the MXIII you got ?Frodo can operate MP3 streams, Gotham couldn't before.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Invincible wrote: »
    Was it the MXIII you got ?Frodo can operate MP3 streams, Gotham couldn't before.

No its the mx2, might just put gotham on it as i've been using that on my tablet,
    Anybody know how you right click with the remote on the mx2 to get settings up for particular add ons

[URL="javascript:;"][/URL]

No its the mx2, might just put gotham on it as i've been using that on my tablet,
    Anybody know how you right click with the remote on the mx2 to get settings up for particular add ons

[URL="javascript:;"][/URL]

Is there a button with 3 lines on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭skydish79

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Depends on budget but you cant go far wrogn with below. Quad core but running the T processor. Can handle HD ok, I bought this and had since Jan, worked perfect for me but have recently upgraded to Minix.

Runs 4.2 Android but do a search and wasser firmware which is great available to flash the box and works even better.....but again depends on budget

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/T-R42-Quad-Core-Google-Android-4-2-2-RK3188-28nm-Cortex-A9-1-6-GHz-Mini-TV-BOX-HDMI-HDD-Player-2G-8G-BT-RJ45-External-Wifi-Antenna-with-IR-Remote-Controller-Black-317424.html

Im looking to backup the image on my box, will the wasser firmware do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Ste- wrote: »
    What two controllers have you got ?
    If they have a keyboard try the letter c.

Well one of them is an rii mini i24, I'll try that when I get home. Thanks very much.

• Advertisement

I'd say this is the newest Finless for that - Finless 1.6 ROM

I haven't used one in a while, but Finless ROMS usually had instructions and tools required inside the zip.

This shows how - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_5toEhgv6w

This should be similar and maybe a better video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzLWzL6jod4

Allyall,

One month later and I am only getting round to do this today but I'm failing.

I get so far:

1) Hold paperclip into box
    2) Connect box to PC
    3) Device found but not recognised
    4) Go to device manager
    5) Find USB port with the Yellow Triangle
    6) Click on update Driver
    7) Browse to the Finless ROM Driver Folder
    8) Click on x64
    8) Click on Win 8

But the reply I get is:

Windows has determined that the drive software for your device is up to date

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

One point that I should add is that my PC is running 8.1 but there is no driver in the Finless ROM Folder for 8.1 only 8 - is this the problem?

I also tried on a Windows 7 PC but the Windows 7 PC is a 32 bit machine and the only versions available in the Finless ROM folder are for x64 and x86

So I am stuck. Any ideas please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Iba, the drivers in the x86 folder are for 32bit win 7.

user2011 wrote: »
    Iba, the drivers in the x86 folder are for 32bit win 7.

Thanks user2011

That is working a treat.

I left the 2gb as default but changed the 720p to 1080.

I didn't understand the overclocking/kernal stuff so just left it alone.

Looks nice, all that bloated preloaded crap is gone :)

Now to reinstall XBMC (Thank God for vdub)

Thanks user2011

That is working a treat.

I left the 2gb as default but changed the 720p to 1080.

I didn't understand the overclocking/kernal stuff so just left it alone.

Looks nice, all that bloated preloaded crap is gone :)

Now to reinstall XBMC (Thank God for vdub)

I've never messed with over clocking stuff myself just the 1080 and 4gb parameter file that would be it.

user2011 wrote: »
    I've never messed with over clocking stuff myself just the 1080 and 4gb parameter file that would be it.

Darn, so would I have been better going to 4gb?

I have a 32GB card in it too.

Darn, so would I have been better going to 4gb?

I have a 32GB card in it too.

Depends how much space you want for apps.

I put a few games on mine, that was the reason for the 4gb. There's work arounds for moving stuff to SD card with kitkat.

Folder mount, the free version let's you put three files on SD card or pay for the app unlimited iirc it was two euro. Check vids on YouTube see how it works.

Ste- wrote: »
    Depends how much space you want for apps.

I prefer to stick all apps on the card (if that is the right thing to do?)

I prefer to stick all apps on the card (if that is the right thing to do?)

It can cause problems soemtimes with certain apps and load times, just something to be aware of. sd cards to me should be only used for external media imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Hi all,

I'm having terrible trouble with Netflix on my Minix X-8h. I've the latest version of the app and the box is connected directly to my UPC 100mb fibre router by Cat 6 cable.

Anything I watch on Netflix skips and stutters constantly. I have no problem streaming YouTube and other online connect including HD sports context etc so its not my broadband connection.

Anyone else having similar issues with the Netflix app on their Android box? Anyone got a fix?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement