Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

What do bye guys find is the best way for installing add ons on XBMC?

Would it be Fusion or something Like that?

I use Youtube to search for the add on name and XBMC, lots of how to vids there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

k123456 wrote: »
    I use Youtube to search for the add on name and XBMC, lots of how to vids there

I was using Fusion but it didn't have a certain develish sports add on that I had on my old boxes!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I was using Fusion but it didn't have a certain develish sports add on that I had on my old boxes!

Sports devil is dead,taken down by The Law.

Install the Xunity Repo,this has good stuff including Pak India.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

What do ye think of this M8 by MeLE lad's?
    How would it compare with the S802 or S805 devices?
    I like the external antenna, better Wi-Fi reception.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Quad-Core-Mini-PC-Android-TV-Box-Android-4-2-MeLE-M8-Cortex-A7-1GB-RAM/715968_1226638000.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Invincible wrote: »
    What do ye think of this M8 by MeLE lad's?
    How would it compare with the S802 or S805 devices?
    I like the external antenna, better Wi-Fi reception.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Quad-Core-Mini-PC-Android-TV-Box-Android-4-2-MeLE-M8-Cortex-A7-1GB-RAM/715968_1226638000.html

The Mele stuff seems well designed, especially their Airmice.
    That has an A7 chipset though, most of the new boxes at the top of the range seem to have the A9,3288 or a17 these days, and they come in at the same price point or at least are no more than $20 more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

dahat wrote: »
    Sports devil is dead.

T'isn't... ;)

Also try addonsrepo.com has all of the above more.

Allyall wrote: »
    T'isn't... ;)

Also try addonsrepo.com has all of the above more.

Had been reading it wasn't getting updates due to a takedown notice but that's different to dead so I'm wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

dahat wrote: »
    Had been reading it wasn't getting updates due to a takedown notice but that's different to dead so I'm wrong!

It was taken down from github but has moved.. Or at least a repository has..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

ok tried the Amazon Fire TV, got XBMC etc all side loaded

Not really a fan of it to be honest, so might send back, if anyone is interested in making me an offer I might sell on?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KQEJBSW/ref=nav_shopall_k_fire_tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Big Nelly wrote: »
    ok tried the Amazon Fire TV, got XBMC etc all side loaded

Not really a fan of it to be honest, so might send back, if anyone is interested in making me an offer I might sell on?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KQEJBSW/ref=nav_shopall_k_fire_tv

How come? Was really considering getting one of these.

• Advertisement

Ronan14 wrote: »
    How come? Was really considering getting one of these.

to be honest, I played around with it for an hour, I got XBMC loaded onto it....have some other apps as well, all side loaded which is very easy to set up

I didn't like you can't link the app's as not Amazon approved app's, it allows you to install them why not link them? I did do the workaround with Ilama and that worked.....

I have the Minix and to be honest the MIsses rather the launcher on it....Might try and get an hour later on today to put into spare room and try a bit more

The remote is very good.....the quality on the TV looks good

Dont get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with it, just might not be my cup of tea. I like to change around everything and set up specific to my requirements, I think the Fire might be a bit locked down

OK thinking it is not all negatives, I think I might need to spend some more time

It did seem to have a lot of TV shows for free, like The walking dead it had up to episode 8 or 9 for free, even XBMC is only at episode 4

I didn't really check about the films, just seen the 79 pounds for Prime and didnt go any further, I suppose I might use it as I buy alot off Amazon already

the GUI is good, it is fairly easy to move around.

There is 5-10 min intro which is a load of sh*t but you can't get around it.....

Again as mentioned the remote is very good and I found it very quick to type in using the remote. Standar XBMC box I use a wireless mouse/keyboard, I didnt find the need to plug it in which was first time on any of these boxes I was impressed with a remote

It is a nifty looking little box, I wasn't impressed they didnt provide a HDMI cable with it, so just in case you are ordering make sure you have spare one....

Any questions give me a shout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Was surprised to see the negativity on the kindle fire tv.
    Had high hoped for it when I read this article some weeks back.
    http://www.tvaddons.ag/install-kodi-amazon-fire-tv/

Personally I've ditched xbmc on android for TV. Small htpc is much more stable and less firmware/hardware tweaks needed. Fine for nexus tablets but not for me on main TV.

Was surprised to see the negativity on the kindle fire tv.
    Had high hoped for it when I read this article some weeks back.
    http://www.tvaddons.ag/install-kodi-amazon-fire-tv/

Personally I've ditched xbmc on android for TV. Small htpc is much more stable and less firmware/hardware tweaks needed. Fine for nexus tablets but not for me on main TV.

What kind of htpc are you using?

What kind of htpc are you using?

Intel NUC or something similar to Q190 would get my vote

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-Q190-Desktop-Black-Integrated/dp/B00LM9T3R4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414941586&sr=8-1&keywords=lenovo+q190+blu+ray

It cured my upgrade-itis and the constant search for latest and improved android stick/box.

Intel NUC or something similar to Q190 would get my vote

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-Q190-Desktop-Black-Integrated/dp/B00LM9T3R4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414941586&sr=8-1&keywords=lenovo+q190+blu+ray

It cured my upgrade-itis and the constant search for latest and improved android stick/box.

Is there an equivelant programme like xbmc on that?

Is there an equivelant programme like xbmc on that?

XBMC/Kodi is not just on android!

http://kodi.tv/download/

XBMC/Kodi is not just on android!

http://kodi.tv/download/

Excellent.

I'm using an M8 at the moment. But theres an awful lot of buffering with xbmc on it. And I'm on about 20mbps fibre.

Is the htpc a lot more stable?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Q190 in Argos at the moment for €230

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

bodonnell wrote: »
    Q190 in Argos at the moment for €230

Only 2Gb of Ram and 500Gb HDD in the Argos one though, reviews of it on their site saying with that spec its very slow.

• Advertisement

Excellent.

I'm using an M8 at the moment. But theres an awful lot of buffering with xbmc on it. And I'm on about 20mbps fibre.

Look for a ROM by Mediaman on freaktab for the M8, its good.
    Also of yours is solely for XBMC why not put Linux or Open Elec on it,supposed to be a better box on either of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Excellent.

Might be your connection. Who's your ISP?
    I was in a friends house yesterday and on his Eircom 100mb my box was buffering. On my link it never buffers.

timetogo wrote: »
    Might be your connection. Who's your ISP?
    I was in a friends house yesterday and on his Eircom 100mb my box was buffering. On my link it never buffers.

Vodafone.

Vodafone.

Have you set zero cache etc? I'm on Vodafone and I watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes in 1080 without buffering yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Is any one else's WWE Online, and Watch Wrestling Addon's not working on XBMC. I'm getting a message saying ERROR Script Failed.

ok tried the amazon fire again and not for me, does anyone want to buy? if not I am returning tomorrow(Tuesday).....

As mentioned it is brand new, I just took delivery on Friday

Will just save me posting back etc,

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

Anyone having problems with there iptv ? turned my box on this morning and all the stations were gone. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

Anyone having problems with there iptv ? turned my box on this morning and all the stations were gone. Any ideas?

Who is your iptv provider?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

Who is your iptv provider?

I set it up using the Vdubt25 links from this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

There is a new URL, don't want to post it here!

Google or twitter will sort you out!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement