Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I bought the minix 8h from amazon and after 2 days its stopped working. Initially I was quiet impressed, it played everything i threw at it from an external hard drive. Netfix was only Ok but got progressively worse, until it would'nt play at all, throwing up errors. The air mouse started getting unresponsive and after powering the device down it wouldn't restart.
    Perhaps I just got a bad one, but its on its way back to China. I'm glad I got it from Amazon though due to their returns policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

branners69 wrote: »
    There is a new URL, don't want to post it here!

Google or twitter will sort you out!
    Who is your iptv provider?

Cheers lads have it sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Anyone having problems with there iptv ? turned my box on this morning and all the stations were gone. Any ideas?

Mine were gone yesterday. Went on to vdubt's website and re-entered all the info again........to no avail. The stations won't download. Tried another fella on utube. No success there either. I have a Mbox A9 and have 50mbps fibre from Eircom. Was actually wondering were they throttling my connection:(. Still gone tonight:mad:

EDIT: Thanks to the guys who pm'd me. Up & running again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Any one having any problems with the Xunity add on. Ive done all the updates online, but i still am getting some errors for some of my add ons called script errors. Its driving me made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Mine were gone yesterday. Went on to vdubt's website and re-entered all the info again........to no avail. The stations won't download. Tried another fella on utube. No success there either. I have a Mbox A9 and have 50mbps fibre from Eircom. Was actually wondering were they throttling my connection:(. Still gone tonight:mad:

EDIT: Thanks to the guys who pm'd me. Up & running again.
    can someone please pm me the fix cheers all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

FrootVPN is a pretty good service, been using it for a month now. It's free until the end of the year, cross platform (Works on Android), and is handy for a few services.. :)

https://www.frootvpn.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

My tech skills are exhausted now,I looked for the firmware version,all I could find is the Kernel Version 3.10.33 & the XBMC-13.2 Gotham-ARMEABI-V7a.apk or Root@User-Desktop#6

Is it one of them.

According to the Minix FAQ - You can check which firmware version you currently have installed by going to 'Settings' -> 'About Device' -> 'Vendor Software Version

To the best of my knowledge the Beta 9 isnt over the air (yet!) so you will have to manually install it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

kleefarr wrote: »

This is the one I have ordered recently: http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_67807.html

Still waiting to receive it but not a bad spec for the price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Updated my minix yesterday evening to beta 9 with the keep data lost all sound then used the factory reset update and still no sound had to go back to beta 7 to get it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

Big Nelly wrote: »
    This is the one I have ordered recently:

I'm waiting to recieve one of these myself from geek buying. Thats a great price on the 2gb box @ $79. If id have seen it id have went for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

XBMC/Kodi is not just on android!

http://kodi.tv/download/

I assume its straight forward to update firmware. I''m on 4.2 Kitkat (gotham) I think.
    dahat wrote: »
    Have you set zero cache etc? I'm on Vodafone and I watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes in 1080 without buffering yesterday.

I might try that I get buffering sometimes and im on UPC 120mb but its wireless not hardwired.

Also showbox not loading at all so firmware might fix that.

Has anyone managed to install Popcorn Time on the unit ?

I'm waiting to recieve one of these myself from geek buying. Thats a great price on the 2gb box @ $79. If id have seen it id have went for that.

You mean this one with 2GB cache? http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_109957.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

You mean this one with 2GB cache? http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_109957.html
    Maybe try one of these codes? I know the MXIII specific code, doesn't seem to work.

CODES 1

CODES 2

CODES 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

For all the people asking where things have gone and are using vdubtv, may I suggest that you follow his youtube page or his facebook page where he constantly keeps folks informed about updates and changes instead of asking here.

This is the one I have ordered recently: http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_67807.html

Um, might just try that one myself. Decisions decisions.

Only difference I think is the extra 1gb of RAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Is the MXiii good under WiFi? Chasing a second box but needs to have really good WiFi capability.

Ok, I've gone for the one I posted just for the extra 1gb RAM.
    Already been checking out Vdubs youtube channel and registered on the xunitytalk forum.

Really looking forward to checking this out. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

That Gearbest site has the M8 for €63, that's a deal and a half IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Is the MXiii good under WiFi? Chasing a second box but needs to have really good WiFi capability.

Interested in its Wi-Fi performance too.
    Am sure Big Nelly will give his verdict when his arrives :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

user2011 wrote: »
    Updated my minix yesterday evening to beta 9 with the keep data lost all sound then used the factory reset update and still no sound had to go back to beta 7 to get it back.

Are you using HDMI or spdif/optical for sound. They changed something with how sound is handled in v9. I use spdif and took me a few days to figure it out that you need to select your sound option in the mbox menu ie enable spdif pass through for me.

As mentioned will give a review once I get it in....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Anyone knows where gearbest ship there products from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Has anyone had any issues using more than one HDD with an Android box.
    Connected a second drive to my powered hub yesterday and only 1 device showed up on the Android box.
    Am I expecting too much from these devices ?
    Both drives show when the hub is connected to a laptop

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Anyone knows where gearbest ship there products from?

China, well I guess so, I bought a phone from them recently, had no problems with shipping and was lucky and missed getting hit with customs.....

Have that box on way in but I would guess I wont be as lucky this time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Are you using HDMI or spdif/optical for sound. They changed something with how sound is handled in v9. I use spdif and took me a few days to figure it out that you need to select your sound option in the mbox menu ie enable spdif pass through for me.

Using HDMI with mine. Maybe the spdif was enabled on mine.. I Don't know, I'm happy were I was/am now think I'll be on beta 7 for a long while yet : )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Anyone know how to change your DNS settings on an android box? The MX2...

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Monokne wrote: »
    Anyone know how to change your DNS settings on an android box? The MX2...

There's plenty of DNS changer apps available in the play store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

I downloaded two of them but they don't seem to be working :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement