Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭conor1979

Little Pea wrote: »
    How did people find the CGS today ?

I thought it was brilliant (even with my hangover!!!)

Liam Doran goes through everything so fast but gets it across really well.

I wasn't sure how to approach study but after today I feel a lot better about it. Good book with all the IAS's and the handout for the disclosure notes is great as I haven't a clue about disclosures.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Started reading over standards this weekend in preparation for next week's Cgs course. Plan is then to blitz questions for four weeks after that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Chris Partlow

Could anyone put up the notes for the audit elective lectures that were on recently? It would be greatly appreciated.

I've also set up a forum for the audit elective if anyone has anything to post specifically on that topic.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89504756

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

Folks,

For all the repeat/elevation students, how much time off are you planning on taking for the exams in September 2014?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lydia123

I'm supposed to have AAFRP tomorrow but I'm sick and was hoping to catch another day - all the groups hardly have theirs tomorrow? Can anyone tell me if they have their another day? Doing CGS next weekend I'm sure that'll have me covered anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭acastudent

Started reading over standards this weekend in preparation for next week's Cgs course. Plan is then to blitz questions for four weeks after that!!

How was the cgs ?was it helpful ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

acastudent wrote: »
    How was the cgs ?was it helpful ?
    Wondering the same I'm in next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Finished the CGS today. Very good, good two days of revision going through the toolkit and loads of exam questions. Ready to start having a good crack at it now

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Nead23

Are there any sample papers for the AAFRP exam anywhere? And also the only two past papers on this are 2012 & 2013?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DaUmpire

Thinking of going to the cgs this weekend, can anybody who has been already give a brief overview of what it covers?is it different from the AAFRP workshop. Thanks

• Advertisement

An intense two day run through the standards

Starts each one by going through the main points in the standard

Then does 2/3 examples of how they are asked in the toolkit for section 1 and 3

During the days does section 2 questions showing you how to use the disclosure summary you get at the course to answer the qs

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DaUmpire

I can only make the saturday class? would it still be worthwhile? what sort of stuff would i miss on the Sunday?

Excellent two days - Good kick up the arse that I needed to get motivated !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Looking forward to doing it, I started studying for it but stopped so have nothing really covered

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FlyingSolo13

Cant make it to any of the revision courses in CGS or elsewhere.

I thought the AAFRP workshop was good, but it seems that the revision courses equip you will the necessary disclosures or at least an approach to them.

If possible can anyone share what the best approach to these section 2 questions is? Where can you get good disclosure notes?

From the CGS course it seemed you quickly read the question and scan down through the disclosure handout they gave out at the course. And whatever is relevant and not included throw it down

Sure a scan of the CGS notes will appear

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Typnohoad

Mark1916 wrote: »
    Folks,

For all the repeat/elevation students, how much time off are you planning on taking for the exams in September 2014?

Thanks.

Repeating, taking August off. Trying to do an hour a day from now though... (repeating AAFRP too)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Accountant81

Is anybody else only able to do the questions in the toolkit after looking at the answers? Seriously starting to worry. Going to the CGS this weekend so hoping that will help!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭acastudent

Is anybody else only able to do the questions in the toolkit after looking at the answers? Seriously starting to worry. Going to the CGS this weekend so hoping that will help!

Going to cgs too this weekend and hoping for the miracle .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭blizzard13

acastudent wrote: »
    Going to cgs too this weekend and hoping for the miracle .

same as.......

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭littlemiss123

Would it be cheeky to ask for someone to post a scan of the CGS notes....? Was out of the country for Chartered's AAFRP workshop and couldn't make the CGS course so a little worried now... :confused:

There is still space in this weekend's course as far as I know....

Would it be cheeky to ask for someone to post a scan of the CGS notes....? Was out of the country for Chartered's AAFRP workshop and couldn't make the CGS course so a little worried now... :confused:

Ask and you shall receive !

Hope these help people.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Debs23

Hope these help people.

Cheers! That will be a big help :)

Does that cover everything we need to know for disclosures??

There is still space in this weekend's course as far as I know....

Oh really?! That would be great! Is it in Dublin though....I live a 6 hour drive away....:(

Hope these help people.

Little Pea you are a lifesaver!

Oh, yes it is in Dublin. :( Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

Hope these help people.

All cheques can be made payable to Little Pea in the post :)

Thank you!

Oh, yes it is in Dublin. :( Sorry!

Thought so.... :( Thanks for mentioning it though!

• Advertisement

Glad to help guys !

Advertisement