Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2014

Options
1131132133134135137»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

AB6891 wrote: »
    Applehunter, I passed both 3rd time round so keep the faith, it can be done and it is all the sweeter.

Does anybody know how long it takes from the submission of the admission to membership document to them actually confirming to you that it is in order and that you are a member?

I sent in my application a few days before the closing date at end of November. I got an email from institute on 23rd Dec welcoming me to the institute, membership number etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Long wait for this bloody report !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

Emailed them today. Out before 31st jan.

Emailed them today. Out before 31st jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

What report is this?

• Advertisement

Tutorial report.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Tyrone2014

Well folks, just wondering if anyone has a summary of all core indicators. I have my own from last year, but I'm trying to improve the layout and would be grateful if someone could give me a copy of their template?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lydia123

Are some people still waiting on their tutorial report? Seems like they are being emailed out as and when they're ready, on an individual basis?

lydia123 wrote: »
    Are some people still waiting on their tutorial report? Seems like they are being emailed out as and when they're ready, on an individual basis?

Got mine last week. Basically told me i did **** on sim 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lydia123

Just heard back - those of us that applied for the tutorial reports in January will only get them in March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 mackers87

Received the 'tutorial report' for audit.

Complete ****e to be honest: barely any detail and still don't feel like I know what to do to improve.

It's not overly critical, apart from one indicator of which it was clear I'd missed. The rest just tends to say "could have gained higher marks by noting down more points" or else "you did well in this section".

Since getting my result, looking at the board report, and now receiving this - the only thing I feel I've learned (and I'd like to see if anyone else agrees/ disagrees) is that the whole "don't give list answers - think it through and give relevant well thought out critique ... quality over quantity" spiel that they give every year, is a complete lie. I think they mark it (audit at least) based on 'number of points noted'. And I think if you go in and copy down general lists, you have a higher chance of passing than if you spend time properly digesting the material and concentrating on the key issues.

Just look at that Group audit indicator - so much of the answer was completely irrelevant to the facts of the case.

I'm not trying to come across as if I'm giving out - I just want a realistic picture of how they're actually marking it. If it's lists of vaguely relevant bullet points they want - I'll happily give them it.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭PhilipLuke

Does anyone know of any firms hiring part qualified accountants in the next month in Limerick or Cork with an excellent cv?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Torres999

PhilipLuke wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any firms hiring part qualified accountants in the next month in Limerick or Cork with an excellent cv?

Grant thronton cork

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Glas134

Would anybody have Paul Monahan's email address? - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭PhilipLuke

Mode Edit

Oh Come on! This is not the place to publish a persons private email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Guys, they sent around an email to 2013/14 students with all FAE notes in a zip pack.

And guess who didn't download them but thought they did :mad:
    Would anyone be as kind as to private mail me a link where I can get these off you? (Dropbox link or something) The original link from the institute expired after one week, and I remember thinking download those quick, but obviously did not!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Audit4Lyf

myshirt wrote: »
    Would anyone be as kind as to private mail me a link where I can get these off you? !

I have the these notes all downloaded, I'll try and get them to you tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭FAE14

Can someone please help me : I am looking for the template that was released last year linking every audit indicator to the competency statement - I'm talking specifically for the elective ( AAE).

Anyone have the one from last year (2014 ) please.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TAA_ICAI

FAE14 wrote: »
    Can someone please help me : I am looking for the template that was released last year linking every audit indicator to the competency statement - I'm talking specifically for the elective ( AAE).

Anyone have the one from last year (2014 ) please.

I can't reattach but ... its in the attachments to this thread. You can get it by going to followed threads & click the attachment icon on the right hand side of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Can someone please put up the audit mapping document that was made available last year for the AAAE Cases.

I have misplaced mine :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭yourhero

I've tried finding these cases but the thread is quite large already ( I tried searching for them but to no avail) so hoping there is a kind soul out there with the following cases...

Lowland
    Blackwater
    Runways
    Southern Fisheries
    Gems
    Locust Coffee
    Level Playing field
    Techron

Also, looking to put some v. brief notes on key industries such as average P/E Ratios, KPIs and latest developments. Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Audit4Lyf

I have the below, some are old but it really is only the tax that changes. PM me if you want them:

Lowland - I've the question only, there is actually no solution to this as this is one students present on

Blackwater - Have these Q&As

Runways - Have a 2011 suggested solution - no question

Southern Fisheries - Have a 2011 suggested solution - no question

Gems - Same as the two above

Locust Coffee - Question only

Level Playing Field - Have these but solution is for 2011, it's is actually the 2010 mock paper.

Teckron - Have the Q&A

• Registered Users Posts: 7 NoChance14

Anyone have the solutions to the Shannon Case day or all of the case days even? I cant find them online and never downloaded them after the initial case days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

The thread lives!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭backtothebooks

and lives

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Amazing how time passes....feels like yesterday I was sitting those dam things!

I'm getting old

Advertisement