Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Nermal

Anyone else going mano-a-mano with Enver Plastics this evening for the case work day tomorrow?

I have just been reminded of how much I hate variances, I hadn't thought about them since 2012...

I have unfortunately been tempted to look at the solution and am now in a minor panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭aca2801

Sorry but does anyone know where the primus pet food case is?

Hey check the attachments in FAE 2013, Im sure it is there if not, I am not near my computer atm, but I will try upload for you later if you cannot find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Melon head

Has anyone done the AAFRP Workshop yet. Was it any good? What did they do? Is there anything I need to do to prepare for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭conor1979

Melon head wrote: »
    Has anyone done the AAFRP Workshop yet. Was it any good? What did they do? Is there anything I need to do to prepare for it?

I had it last Sunday and it was very good. Got a break down of each section and how you need to approach it.

Then went through some questions and explained what you need to be looking for. There not recorded so well worth going to.

I would have a look through the toolkit and over the slides but I wouldn't get bogged down in trying to do to much before hand, just to know what's coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CHARTEREDEXAMS

Hey guys,

Could someone please post up the Cork & Limerick timetables.

Thanks alot!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

For BL Marketing tonight we are ment to read Links Ltd case in 2012 core exam, but there is no Links Ltd case, anyone know where it can be found? Any one started studying for AAFRP yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭lauma

@ autumnbelle it's on page 19

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭lauma

For BL Marketing tonight we are ment to read Links Ltd case in 2012 core exam, but there is no Links Ltd case, anyone know where it can be found? Any one started studying for AAFRP yet?

only did few questions in toolkit. I am absolutely useless when it comes to double entry . just wondering is it too late to book a place for grind school?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭littlemiss123

Can anyone who has attended the AAFRP workshop post a quick summary of key points/technique etc?

I was unable to attend as I was out of the country and worried I might have missed something important!

I still havent had mine yet, would like to start studying for it but feel overwhelmed a bit!! I already have notes everywhere, unsure of how to get organised with cases etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Advice from AAFRP day:

Do the past exam papers and the toolkit, study for this exam by doing questions and then go to the notes and find the relevant sections for the answers you didnt get.

Get out your competency statement and tick a standard as it comes up in a question, keep doing this and after a bit you will see what standards come in the AAFRP and which ones arent asked.

Set yourself a time limit when doing the question, give yourself about 6 minutes a question, if you dont have the answer, find the relevant standard. The AAFRP is a time pressure exam.

When doing the questions, read the requirement section of the question before reading the question, this will narrow your focus and you can strip out what isnt needed in the question, important as the AAFRP tends to give extra unneeded info.

I'll post more as I remember

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Advice from AAFRP day:

Do the past exam papers and the toolkit, study for this exam by doing questions and then go to the notes and find the relevant sections for the answers you didnt get.

Get out your competency statement and tick a standard as it comes up in a question, keep doing this and after a bit you will see what standards come in the AAFRP and which ones arent asked.

Set yourself a time limit when doing the question, give yourself about 6 minutes a question, if you dont have the answer, find the relevant standard. The AAFRP is a time pressure exam.

When doing the questions, read the requirement section of the question before reading the question, this will narrow your focus and you can strip out what isnt needed in the question, important as the AAFRP tends to give extra unneeded info.

I'll post more as I remember

Excellent thanks!!! :)

Thanks The Doctor! That's where I'm going to start so!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭aca2801

Hey Guys,

Does anyone have good tips on how to study after work? Is it me but it is so hard to get motivated after work!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

aca2801 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Does anyone have good tips on how to study after work? Is it me but it is so hard to get motivated after work!

Thanks!

JFDI

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭cson

myshirt wrote: »
    JFDI

JFDI x 3 per week and you should form a habit if you can keep it up for a month or so.

aca2801 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Thanks!

No its not just you Im the same! also is the two weeks block release taken from our study leave? Just that mocks are mid week start of july and so are cgs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sodabread

Can anyone upload the 2013 core and sims exams papers please?

Chartered website doesn't have them on?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Aidodub87

sodabread wrote: »
    Can anyone upload the 2013 core and sims exams papers please?

Chartered website doesn't have them on?

It will be in the 2013 board report

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Aidodub87

Anyone doing CGS courses? What ones ya doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭conor1979

Aidodub87 wrote: »
    Anyone doing CGS courses? What ones ya doing?

I'm doing most if not all of them! Cost a fortune but well worth it I reckon.

Did them for CAP2 last year and they were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

No its not just you Im the same! also is the two weeks block release taken from our study leave? Just that mocks are mid week start of july and so are cgs

Yes, the two weeks of block release is taken from your 7 weeks study leave.

Also, as far as I know, the mock papers may be treated as how the actual exams are. (ie. On top of your study leave) but I will find out on Monday for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sandrak49

Does anyone know if there is more than one group timetable for the APM elective for the Dublin group? I have the group 1 timetable and would greatly appreciate if there was a group 2 that someone could please provide a copy.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Debs23

mark_m360 wrote: »
    Yes, the two weeks of block release is taken from your 7 weeks study leave.

Also, as far as I know, the mock papers may be treated as how the actual exams are. (ie. On top of your study leave) but I will find out on Monday for sure.

I thought the time off for the mock exams come out of your study leave!

How much work has everyone done so far? Are use all just concentrating on AAFRP?

It's hard to get motivated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Debs23 wrote: »
    I thought the time off for the mock exams come out of your study leave!

How much work has everyone done so far? Are use all just concentrating on AAFRP?

It's hard to get motivated!!

With busy season , I have found it next to impossible to even look at the AAFRP !

Hoping to get going in March ! Still giving myself 6 weeks before the assessment.

I think my game plan is to start at the beginning of March and work my way through all the standards (skimming over them rather than in depth study) then start doing past/sample questions at the end of March/ start of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭cson

Little Pea wrote: »
    With busy season , I have found it next to impossible to even look at the AAFRP !

Hoping to get going in March ! Still giving myself 6 weeks before the assessment.

Yeah busy season is a bit of a nightmare as regards making classes nevermind studying. You've no chance to take in what's being given to you at lectures. I think trying to squeeze in a few hours every weekend when it gets quieter and getting organised for June is about the extent of what I'll be able to do up until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ted2767

Little Pea wrote: »

From experience 3 weeks of evening/weekends and a few days before is plenty to get yourself ready for this assessment.

cson wrote: »
    Yeah busy season is a bit of a nightmare as regards making classes nevermind studying. You've no chance to take in what's being given to you at lectures. I think trying to squeeze in a few hours every weekend when it gets quieter and getting organised for June is about the extent of what I'll be able to do up until then.
    Same as this but Don't get as long study leave. With work its more full on this year I find and harder to get time to open a book

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

ted2767 wrote: »
    From experience 3 weeks of evening/weekends and a few days before is plenty to get yourself ready for this assessment.

Sounds good .

I have somehow managed to get myself a week off before the assessment from work...

So that's a full week of study for the assessment..

Ted - Question

When did you start getting your folders ready.

Advertisement