Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭lexluthor

oh by the way, i made this last year closer to the exam.. might help with section B, disclosures section of aafrp.. contains all disclosures for standards mentioned.. for consol standards, see ifrs 12

sorry forgot to attach.. obviously this is just for reference, practicing it with the section B questions in toolkit is key.. the numbers refer to paragraphs of the relevant standard

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭blizzard13

Little Pea wrote: »
    I just finished doing the tool kit once there today ! My plan is to do it all again over the next couple of days ( finished it by sunday ) making out questions that I find tough and areas that I need t cover. After that I plan to cover these said areas using the case study book. That should take me into next weekend. I am leaving my final week to put myself under exam conditions by doing the exam papers !! I havent even looked at them yet.

Can I just ask.... was 2013 the first year for this AAFRP exam? as in, are there only the 2 past papers available? (2013 April and 2013 June sitting?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

blizzard13 wrote: »
    Can I just ask.... was 2013 the first year for this AAFRP exam? as in, are there only the 2 past papers available? (2013 April and 2013 June sitting?)

There has been 3 previous sittings ( 2013,12,11 ) Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Nead23

Does anyone know where you can get the 2011 paper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭blizzard13

There has been 3 previous sittings ( 2013,12,11 ) Hope that helps.

Thanks Little Pea - i cant find a copy of the 2011 or 2012 paper tho :confused: do you know if this is available online?

I will throw up tomorrow what papers I have available for people ....

One of the reasons I came online was to to let people know that the rumour circulating that we have 20 minutes reading time is un-true.

I actually thought we did until I went and looked it up. Again I hope someone else finds this useful ....

Btw ; I was at CGS when Liam Doran mentioned this.....

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Accountant81

I have seen a sample paper done by Derry Cotter especially for PWC students. Boards wont allow me to upload it as I havent posted enough times yet to be allowed to upload documents. Does anyone know if there is a solution floating around for this paper please?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cupcaketown

Hey Guys - a lot of you guys have mentioned using the Derry Cotter book to study is that the A guide to IFRS (the white and orange book) or is there another book.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭littlemiss123

Hey Guys - a lot of you guys have mentioned using the Derry Cotter book to study is that the A guide to IFRS (the white and orange book) or is there another book.

It is a blue-ish book (off the top of my head, its not in front of me now) called Cases in IFRS. The solutions book is yellow-ish - Solutions to Cases in IFRS.

I don't recall a white and orange book....? Unless I am missing one :confused:

• Advertisement

11 Days to go, how are people getting on ??

What did people make of the scaremongering from the institute ?

Sending firms and individuals emails about attending lecturers.
    They should know better than organising lecturers around this time, people are obviously going to choose AAFRP over a class that more then likely will needed to be viewed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭thumbelinda

Hi guys, I've gone through the AAFRP workbook, the Liam Doran revision questions and I am now working trough the Derry Cotter case studies book-is anyone else finding the case book extremely difficult? I haven't gotten any of the questions fully correct only bits and pieces here and there and had been gaining a little bit of confidence after getting through the workbook but now feel really disheartened!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Tricky1979

Can somebody pls upload the PWC paper and solution? thanks

Hi guys, I've gone through the AAFRP workbook, the Liam Doran revision questions and I am now working trough the Derry Cotter case studies book-is anyone else finding the case book extremely difficult? I haven't gotten any of the questions fully correct only bits and pieces here and there and had been gaining a little bit of confidence after getting through the workbook but now feel really disheartened!

no need to be disheartened at all.. if you're comfortable with AAFRP workbook, you're pretty okay to be honest.. on top of that if you can do sample papers for aafrp, and actual papers if you have them available, you should be grand imo.. if i were you (i love the benefit of hindsight!) i'd do just consol questions from derry cotter's book.. in prep for aafrp.. and return to it for actual fae exam.. the key for me in getting a C in my aafrp was derry cotters notes provided as part of induction, they are really excellent!

lexluthor wrote: »
    no need to be disheartened at all.. if you're comfortable with AAFRP workbook, you're pretty okay to be honest.. on top of that if you can do sample papers for aafrp, and actual papers if you have them available, you should be grand imo.. if i were you (i love the benefit of hindsight!) i'd do just consol questions from derry cotter's book.. in prep for aafrp.. and return to it for actual fae exam.. the key for me in getting a C in my aafrp was derry cotters notes provided as part of induction, they are really excellent!

Thanks a million LexLuthor, I feel a bit better! The consolidated questions were the ones I was avoiding in the DC case studies book Lol-so need to rethink my strategy! Will follow your advice. Fingers crossed it all comes together. Gonna go back over DC's notes as well!

some papers from before in case you guys dont have the updated ones.. you could use these for the moment as there havent been many changes except in instruments, consolidation over past few years

sample paper 2 solutions

this is a summary of key rules in certain standards, more like your usual suspects from an exam perspective that i made last year.. obviously as it's very hard to go through your notes in an exam situation i made this so i knew the key points to remember off the top of my head before the exam so that when i was reading a case, it'd click me what standard the issue relates.. maybe you'll find it helpful, just thought id post

What Liam Doran revision questions are you referring too ?

Thanks

What Liam Doran revision questions are you referring too ?

Thanks

They are questions that were posted up from the 2013 CGS revision course, I think I found them on page 6 of this thread, someone kindly posted up the notes from the course they attended last year. The questions are really helpful in helping me revise and are similar style to the workbook.

• Advertisement

They are questions that were posted up from the 2013 CGS revision course, I think I found them on page 6 of this thread, someone kindly posted up the notes from the course they attended last year. The questions are really helpful in helping me revise and are similar style to the workbook.

Apologies they are actually Christy Kearney questions-not Liam Doran

Ah the the ACArevison course questions : i am planning on tackling them this weekend. I want to finish the tool kit by tomorrow hopefully ( Weather is just too good at the moment )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

10 days folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭littlemiss123

TheDoctor wrote: »
    10 days folks!

...and still 100% unprepared :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Had a berevement in the family so restarting again! I have most of section 1 of toolkit done and case 1 of the derry cotter book! Thanks Luther for those notes! I kind of wish this had been just after aafrp workshop!

4 day weekend to get stuff done coming up!

And have the Friday before the exam off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Nice to have a day off

Did anyone go to the block release sessions this week? I went to the one on Monday and was really disappointed that it was just session 7 and session 8 of the course that had already been covered at Launch. Didnt bother going yesterday and today but will attend tomorrow and Friday. I am an elevation student and have to take annual leave to attend the revision course so was most disappointed at the fact that the days werent planned as being specifically exam based revision (i.e. doing case study questions etc). Did anyone find them beneficial?

• Advertisement

Had one block release just after Xmas and the second one is in June

It was meh to be honest

Advertisement