Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Whoisin thehouse

The CGS Course is moved to the Marker Hotel on the 29th/30th March

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭acastudent

The CGS Course is moved to the Marker Hotel on the 29th/30th April

April ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Must be because loads of people are going to it, its March aca student

Must be because loads of people are going to it, its March aca student

I didn't get any email informing about venue change ...

acastudent wrote: »
    I didn't get any email informing about venue change ...

Actually I see now the venue changed on booking form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

The CGS are coming for you Little Pea!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭littlemiss123

Are the examples in the AAFRP toolkit much harder than the actual exam? I haven't got a single one correct yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

Are the examples in the AAFRP toolkit much harder than the actual exam? I haven't got a single one correct yet :(

The toolkit honestly makes me feel like pressing this

panic-button.jpg

The toolkit honestly makes me feel like pressing this

panic-button.jpg

Same as this and no idea how il get timing right too! what do people think about the case day in groups? Seems strange to me as I'm not based in Dublin. Do u need to meet up with your group before the day

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

Same as this and no idea how il get timing right too! what do people think about the case day in groups? Seems strange to me as I'm not based in Dublin. Do u need to meet up with your group before the day

I've only had two case study days, the first was with Michael Farrell who i thought was excellent. We worked in twos.

The second was with a certain lecturer from Cork, and the less said about her the better...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Nermal

Yes, they are. Try the sample/past papers and you'll do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭littlemiss123

Glad I'm not the only one! The toolkit seems to pick really technical points that would be easily overlooked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭cson

CGS weekend is excellent. Recommend for anyone reading back over this in a years time. Intense but I feel better now having done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Aidodub87

cson wrote: »
    CGS weekend is excellent. Recommend for anyone reading back over this in a years time. Intense but I feel better now having done it.

Would def say the same. Gonna try do a lot more of their courses

Aidodub87 wrote: »
    Would def say the same. Gonna try do a lot more of their courses

Yep me too happy with the course. Hope results will prove the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Nead23

Where are these sample papers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

May I also push the button?

Nead23 wrote: »
    Where are these sample papers?

What same papers you are referring to ?

What same papers you are referring to ?

Apparently the institute put up sample papers on the student portal not so long ago and then took them down. CGS also referred to working on the sample papers I am wondering does anyone have copies of these?

Nead23 wrote: »
    Apparently the institute put up sample papers on the student portal not so long ago and then took them down. CGS also referred to working on the sample papers I am wondering does anyone have copies of these?

Ah ok , I Didn't see them but would appreciate if someone had a chance to download maybe they can put them up here ? TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭conor1979

I have the sample papers. I will bring them into work this week and see if I can scan them and then upload them.

I'm not the greatest with technology so it might be a bot of trial and error! Be patient with me:D

conor1979 wrote: »
    I have the sample papers. I will bring them into work this week and see if I can scan them and then upload them.

I'm not the greatest with technology so it might be a bot of trial and error! Be patient with me:D

Thanks a million! Much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Daisy03

Anyone know why in Q1.4 of the toolkit you deduct the 15m of overhaul costs when calculating depreciation. The cost of 200m doesn't include this so I thought it would be 200m minus the 25m residual value divided by 10 years.

Its annoying me that basic stuff like this isn't working.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 happylife2014

Hi Is your books are still available? or you just threw them in the bin already. Give me a call (mod snip), if you didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Aidodub87

Daisy03 wrote: »
    Anyone know why in Q1.4 of the toolkit you deduct the 15m of overhaul costs when calculating depreciation. The cost of 200m doesn't include this so I thought it would be 200m minus the 25m residual value divided by 10 years.

Its in IAS 16, have to seperate them into different components and the €3m per aircraft apparently is a professional judgement of that part, as this is what it's costs to overhaul it and it has a shorter useful life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 happylife2014

AM21 wrote: »
    I did FAE 2013- I have all of the core books and the audit elective books. If anybody wants them, they're yours for free. But I would prefer if whoever takes them takes all of them! thanks!

Hi Is your books are still available? or you just threw them in the bin already. Give me a call <SNIP>, if you didn't.

Can anyone tell me if the 2 weeks block release come out of study leave or are these in addition to it? The institutes reccomended study leave I mean?

Can anyone tell me if the 2 weeks block release come out of study leave or are these in addition to it? The institutes reccomended study leave I mean?

Unfortunately block release will come out of our study leave :(

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ASOT2012

Just a heads up guys I think there may be a few errors/typos in the toolkit.

For Q3.16 part 2, the journal entries in the question should be 160k instead of 7.5k, and the journal posted are the wrong way around!

If anybody else comes across anymore please post them up!

• Advertisement

Unfortunately block release will come out of our study leave :(
    Seems way shorter than time off for CAP2 this way :(

Advertisement