Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Little Pea wrote: »
    Sounds good .

I have somehow managed to get myself a week off before the assessment from work...

So that's a full week of study for the assessment..

Ted - Question

When did you start getting your folders ready.

Thats great getting the week off, the difference that will make to you! Are you using your holidays or is it time off?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ted2767

Sounds good .

I have somehow managed to get myself a week off before the assessment from work...

So that's a full week of study for the assessment..

Ted - Question

When did you start getting your folders ready.

Study leave there's an excellent set of notes doing the rounds from a lad who came first a few yrs ago I simply updated and personalised his.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,403 ✭✭✭✭cson

ted2767 wrote: »
    Study leave there's an excellent set of notes doing the rounds from a lad who came first a few yrs ago I simply updated and personalised his.

I assume these are attached to the older FAE threads somewhere?

Anyone know what you need to bring to the aafrp workshops? Also would anyone have derry cotter or paul monahans email address please?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭GR3YFOXXX

Can anyone upload a copy of these AAFRP notes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Thats great getting the week off, the difference that will make to you! Are you using your holidays or is it time off?

Time in lieu , great getting it off and I have signed up for the CGS so hoping to knuckle down soon enough and get on with it.

Plan to get the AAFRP exam out of the way and start putting folders together using the competence statements as a guideline to what I want in each of the folders.

Ted : Id gladly take your updated notes if you have a soft copy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Whosthedude

Hi Everybody,

Does anyone have a Copy of the Burke's Mechanical Case Study for the Auditing Elective, an electronic copy would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭lauma

Hi Everybody,

Does anyone have a Copy of the Burke's Mechanical Case Study for the Auditing Elective, an electronic copy would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Hey ,

See attached. Hope this is the one you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Whosthedude

Yep that's the one,

thanks

Question to folks who passed last year - the CGS AAFRP course; is it worth it? My double entry is pish to say the least. Is it value for the €140 or are you better just getting the notes and doing it yourself over a weekend?

Any pointers on improving DE would be most welcome too - as I said my DE is diabolical. Could be a case of JFDI but if anyone was in the same position last year and passed... I'm all ears.

• Advertisement

Anyone able to do any of the toolkit without just going to the solution ��

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Debs23

I am going to start reading a business newspaper once a week for a general knowledge in business as I currently have none!

Does anyone know what paper would be the best to get and on what day??

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sunday Business Post if you're only buying one. The Institute are actually recommending the FT though iirc from one of the lectures.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Debs23

cson wrote: »
    Sunday Business Post if you're only buying one. The Institute are actually recommending the FT though iirc from one of the lectures.

What day would be best to buy the financial times? Do they have a Sunday paper that summarises the weekly news?

Anyone able to do any of the toolkit without just going to the solution ��

Fair play to you starting it , Haven't even had the chance to open it.

Fair play to you starting it , Haven't even had the chance to open it.
    I just feel like I haven't done anything yet for fae's and can't remember anything from cap2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭aca2801

Anyone know if the tax elective is streamed live today?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭upnorthchick

I have yet to do anything yet, going to start with getting my tax file up to date... cannot believe another set of exams !!!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭littlemiss123

I have yet to do anything yet, going to start with getting my tax file up to date... cannot believe another set of exams !!!! lol

Studying already!!! The thought wasn't even gonna cross my mind till end of May at the very earliest!! Except for the AAFRP which will probably be ignored for another couple of weeks.....!!

Studying already!!! The thought wasn't even gonna cross my mind till end of May at the very earliest!! Except for the AAFRP which will probably be ignored for another couple of weeks.....!!

I am the same, i have nothing done, I need to put a diary together and stick to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭littlemiss123

aca2801 wrote: »
    I am the same, i have nothing done, I need to put a diary together and stick to it.

I have made a start on organizing myself for AAFRP but thats about it. No study done yet! My game plan is to work off the competency statement for the next 5 weeks or so and take each standard one at a time (for as much as I can bear after work :( ), then for the last 3 weeks attempt the sample questions and past paper. Anyone else have a better way to prepare, I"m still a little unsure?

aca2801 wrote: »

Same as this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Friday April 25th, do some study on that day.................

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Reddzer2002

Would anybody have a copy of the case study workshop cases that they could scan up or DM please? I can't seem to find my ones and the Institute said they are unable to issue new sets. It is not the book of cases, but the handout.

Many thanks.

would anyone know if there is two groups for the tax elective in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭thumbelinda

Hi guys, back to the drawing board with this study lark! Just wondering can anyone point me in the direction of a good set of sample disclosure notes? I'm trying to do section 2 of the workbook and I haven't a clue about disclosure notes so need to try and get a sample of ones already writren!! Would appreciate some help ☺

Hi All,

Could you somebody please post up the tax elective timetable for either dublin, cork, limerick or galway.

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Cagney87

Galway timetable here...

How did people find the CGS today ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭acastudent

How did people find the CGS today ?

I am doing the 29/30 March . What did you make of it ? Was it useful ?

Advertisement