Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards cycle against cancer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

detones wrote: »
    After we do this spin I propose a Boards Cycle Against Mudguards.
    Fair enough, provided you do it on a day with at least 10mm of rainfall. That will at least prove that you're committed to the cause.
    Won't be there on Sunday after all, have fun gents and lads!
    The former would be the South Dublin contingent and the latter the Northsiders - is that how it works?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Monday 28th October
    From the weather guru on the weather forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055579971&page=207

TL:DR version
    SUNDAY ... HTFU No Mudguards

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

godtabh wrote: »
    I'm planning a spin out that way in the mor jng before heading to meet d northsiders. Is there a group going from Lucan? If so what time and from.where?
    I'll be heading from Lucan directly to Dundrum. I propose a rendezvous at the Penny Hill / Eurospar in South Lucan at 09:15. Mightn't suit you godtabh, if your plan is to hook up with those mudguardless ruffians from up North.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Monday 28th October
    I'll be heading from Lucan directly to Dundrum. I propose a rendezvous at the Penny Hill / Eurospar in South Lucan at 09:15. Mightn't suit you godtabh, if your plan is to hook up with those mudguardless ruffians from up North.

The plan was to meet them ruffians to be involved in some small way.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

bcmf wrote: »
    No Mudguards
    Just to be absolutely clear - that is a "No" in front of "Mudguards" is it not? I had the mudguards ready but as a result of your post I have decided not to put them on. I presume you are accepting full responsibility as the OP for this thread.

Anyway, it now looks like we have a fixie group led by Cram, a "No Mudguard" group led by bcmf. Any volunteers for the Aerobar/Tri group? Presumably everyone else will be led by daragh_ as he has the map ....

• Advertisement

Monday 28th October
    Beasty wrote: »
    Just to be absolutely clear - that is a "No" in front of "Mudguards" is it not? I had the mudguards ready but as a result of your post I have decided not to put them on. I presume you are accepting full responsibility as the OP for this thread.

Anyway, it now looks like we have a fixie group led by Cram, a "No Mudguard" group led by bcmf. Any volunteers for the Aerobar/Tri group? Presumably everyone else will be led by daragh_ as he has the map ....

Yes.No mudguards.Mudguards are for Southsiders who are afraid to get dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Monday 28th October
    Yes.No mudguards.Mudguards are for Southsiders who are afraid to get dirty.

Here, you're barely even a northsider, arse ends of nowhere.

Let the real northsiders decide what goes, and you NCD heads sit back out on the fields ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

For anyone else cycling from NCD there are a couple of road closures to be aware of.

The R128 Lusk/Rush closed in both directions from Friday night to Tuesday morning (for work on the rail bridge).

According to an electronic sign on site, the R132 will be closed from Cloghran to Dardistown from 8am to 1pm on Sunday. (Can't see anything about it online though).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Myself and Cramcycle had a chat and it would be great if a few people could volunteer to keep an eye out for stragglers, wait at the main junctions etc and make sure nobody gets lost. I'll probably hang out at the back. :-)

Anyone who has a Garmin and doesn't know the route - download the GPX from the link and stick it on.

The coffee shop are expecting a bunch of awesome, well turned out, ultra-euro cyclists sometime around 12/12:30.

They are well used to dealing with numbers (coach parties etc) but if you are getting coffee please be patient.

There is a massive courtyard in the Armoury at Glencree so plenty of room there for photo opps and admiring Beasty's bike.

Monday 28th October
    _Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Here, you're barely even a northsider, arse ends of nowhere.

Let the real northsiders decide what goes, and you NCD heads sit back out on the fields ;)

Excuse me.
    I will have you know that I grew up on the outskirts of Cabra and moved out to the country.
    24 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Anyone heading to this from NCD passing Sword meet up and cycle across?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Excuse me.
    I will have you know that I grew up on the outskirts of Cabra and moved out to the country.
    24 years.
    RobFowl and I have put more effort into trying to get bcmf removed from North County Dublin than getting rid of McQuaid - alas we were only successful in one of our campaigns ...

Inquitus wrote: »
    I'm planning to leave Rush around 8am or so and plan to meet the 'Northsiders' on Infirmary Road. I'll be passing Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I'm planning to leave Rush around 8am or so and plan to meet the 'Northsiders' on Infirmary Road. I'll be passing Swords.

Grand so, what time would you likely be passing by the estuary roundabout? 8.20am?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Monday 28th October
    daragh_ wrote: »
    Myself and Cramcycle had a chat and it would be great if a few people could volunteer to keep an eye out for stragglers, wait at the main junctions etc and make sure nobody gets lost. I'll probably hang out at the back. :-)

I'll happily lend a hand if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Fair play to you lads doing this. Was thinking of heading from Balrothery but the Weather a Nasty Southern wind and laziness has changed my mind.

Grand so, what time would you likely be passing by the estuary roundabout? 8.20am?
    Jesus, I'm not Hinault! I'd say about 8.30 (I'm on the far side of Rush).

Monday 28th October
    Beasty wrote: »
    RobFowl and I have put more effort into trying to get bcmf removed from North County Dublin than getting rid of McQuaid - alas we were only successful in one of our campaigns ...

I dont usually do this but the following is a copy of a txt conversation between myself and a certain former president identified here as 'P'.

P: b it's P. Those fookers think they have got rid of me.Baxstards.
    b: I know P. They are trying to do the same to me in the NCD forum.Think they own the place.
    P: Yeah. Who made them Kings?
    b: Well I suppose they are mods.
    P: Yeah. Now that I have tons of time on my hands I am gonna get a Garmin and rob all of their KoMs. LOL
    b: Nice one. Turvey Ave is a nice one. Just stick the Garmin in your car.
    P:Hee Hee. yeah. That'll show them.Better go. The shredder is overheating.
    b. No bother. Dont let the baxstards get ya down.And dont forget that Morana.I used to cycle with him and he hasnt changed.Except for the colour of his hair. But I cant slag him there. :-(

Fair play to you lads doing this. Was thinking of heading from Balrothery but the Weather a Nasty Southern wind and laziness has changed my mind.
    You'll fit in with the soft 'southeners' then so! :P

Monday 28th October

You could drive down to Airside or Whitehall church and meet up there?

• Advertisement

Jesus, I'm not Hinault! I'd say about 8.30 (I'm on the far side of Rush).
    Inquitus - just remembered the bridge closure/diversion on the R128. I'll leave Rush bit earlier as I'll have to head north via Loughshinny.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Monday 28th October
    It will be tough for me to make it on time, what with my downhill (t)roll for sub 1000metres from Goatstown :pac:

Monday 28th October
    Did somebody mention Whitehall Church? If there's a group going past I might just go that way instead of the Malahide road.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Remember the clocks go back Sunday Morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Monday 28th October
    colm18 wrote: »
    Remember the clocks go back Sunday Morning!
    FYP.:D

Cheers colm, I'd completely forgotten about that.

Monday 28th October
    That means we gain an hour's sleep doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    That means we gain an hour's sleep doesn't it?

Yes it does unless you have young kids in which case no.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭bobcranfret

Unfortunately, I won't make it tomorrow. Have a wonderful spin!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

My loaner has a pie plate. I apologise for my appearance in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

Enjoy tomorrow all, working so have to miss out. Major kudos to le petit braquet for helping us all open our eyes, it's so easy to think it will never happen to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement