Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards cycle against cancer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

O what a fresh day :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Carpenter wrote: »
    O what a fresh day :D:D
    Amber alert warning issued for south western England - hurricanes with torrential rain this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

Looks a bit windy and potentially damp. Should be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Once more into the fray . . . . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Monday 28th October
    I wont make this lads, best of luck. PS, mudguards are for wussbags :)

2076974851_faad8a71a4_m.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Lovely day, if a little bit breezy. A good turnout under the bridge so far. Mudguards in the minority :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Monday 28th October
    dqay.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Monday 28th October
    Sorry I could only do a small amount today. Good luck for the rest of it

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

Fantastic turnout, particularly givem the weather, and I was hugely touched by it. My Oakleys concealed the tears in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Monday 28th October
    Sorry I bailed early lads, but my left leg kept cramping up and when we got lost I decided to call it quits and spun into Bray to get the Dart home.

Great meeting you Padraig, and fair play to everyone for coming out despite the hurricane like winds.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Monday 28th October
    Fair play to all of ye who turned up! I took a short spin down in Wexford this morning and the wind was very tricky.

Monday 28th October
    _Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Sorry I bailed early lads, but my left leg kept cramping up and when we got lost I decided to call it quits and spun into Bray to get the Dart home.

Great meeting you Padraig, and fair play to everyone for coming out despite the hurricane like winds.

At least you were werent the first!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Monday 28th October
    godtabh wrote: »
    At least you were werent the first!

You'd swear Beasty would know how to use a Garmin by now with all those KOMs but apparently not ;)

We took a wrong turn just after Enniskerry, and the group tried to go off another road to make it up to the cafe stop that way, but by then my leg was in bits so I said there's no way I'd make it!

Also, the dart is only running as far as Pearse so looks like I'll have a nice uphill ride home from there too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Well done to all involved today !!!

I wimped out :o Got up @ 7 and it was lashing rain here in Abbeyleix, So back to bed for an hour before going out on our club spin @ 9, weather had cleared a little by then. My heart was with all of the Boardsies today.

Had my new Boards gear ready to go too.
    Well done all.
    Kieran
    277837.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭g0g

Monday 28th October
    Just in the door, also bailed early from the cafe as the thought of heading to Dundrum then back to Bray was too much! Great to see some faces I knew and meet a couple of new ones. What an incredible turnout there was today, and someone somewhere managed to sort out decent weather (we even got at least one rainbow!) for it! The only real rain I saw was a bit of drizzle in Glencree! Fair play to those who organised and great to meet you briefly LPB.
    WP_20131027_014.jpg
    Strava...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just arrived at cafe courtesy of a very scenic detour. There were originally 6 of us but the 2 who got us lost paid the ultimate sacrifice and provided the rest of us with the required nutrition. Wouldn't care but I was vegetarian before today...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Sadly missed today, I was out on the bike and did a similar route but by the time I got to the cafe (an hour or so ago) I thought y'all would have been gone :( I passed 2 fellas wearing swords jerseys on my way back, think one of them nearly went into my back wheel stopping at a set of lights :pac:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Monday 28th October
    Well done lads, shocking morning on the bike here in the West.Dangerous.com. Proud of all the boardsies turning up.

That was great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

As a posh Southsider I am already showered and dressed in the dry change of clothes my butler left out for me.

I pity you Northsiders still commuting home ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

Fair play to everyone who turned out. Great to see so many boardsies and to talk briefly to LPB.

I left the cafe early as I was on a promise, nearly got blown off the road up on the exposed bit of Military Road. I couldnt imagine doing it in a group. I hope everyone got home safely!

Waiting for the Boards Strava Club to light up like a Christmas tree :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Any pics?

Any pics?

There should be 1 soon of the group there must have being 80 of us

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

@Beasty

Waited at the Waterfall for you and then doubled back to find you with no luck. Apologies for the abandonment.

Great to see so many out. Well done all.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Enjoyed that (well apart from the wind and rain on the featherbeds). Good to meet some boardises-Needmoregears, Wishbone Ash and others- well done to everyone for setting it up and turning out (and donating).

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Great spin. Love to see so many people come out.

Went up the Sally Gap afterwards with DirkVoodoo, Buffalo and one of our clubmates. Bit windy up there. At one point we had an echelon going.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

anyone lose eye wear?
    I found glasses on stocking lane

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

Handy spin for a local:eek:, lucky me and my buddy had done it a few times before

great that the weather smiled on us,

even the wind over the feather bed was favourable around 12.30

I left the cafe early too , with 20 or more hungry boardies queuing up for food.

We were in the luminous orange, donation made under the bridge to plb 's sister

Fair play to DNS ers for doing the extra miles.

Well done all concerned, it was great to get out considering the forecast.

Bigus

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

colm18 wrote: »
    Enjoyed that (well apart from the wind and rain on the featherbeds). Good to meet some boardises-Needmoregears, Wishbone Ash and others- well done to everyone for setting it up and turning out (and donating).

Me, you, Darragh and Wishbone got caught bad there on the feather beds. We stayed in the cafe too long.
    Probably the most uncomfortable I've ever been on a bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭useeme

Monday 28th October
    shutup wrote: »
    Me, you, Darragh and Wishbone got caught bad there on the feather beds. We stayed in the cafe too long.
    Probably the most uncomfortable I've ever been on a bike.

Me too. Drownded by the rain/hail.

It was a pleasure and a privelige to meet you LPB.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement