Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards cycle against cancer

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭ruffmut

€10,000.00 now broken. Well done everyone for this good cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

Monday 28th October
    so le petit braquet turns out to be a bit of a bob geldof!

Fantastic amount raised. Proud to be a member the irish cycling and boards community, proud to have met an incredible man in lpb and his family.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Monday 28th October
    Still clicking towards 11k euro, hope it breaks that mark before xmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

yop wrote: »
    Still clicking towards 11k euro, hope it breaks that mark before xmas :D

If somebody buys my Boardman Hybrid on the Cycling Adverts Forum it will do just that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Monday 28th October
    Massive donation just came in yesterday :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Monday 28th October
    what is the total for this now?

We should be looking to build on the success of the last cycle and do something big next year. Very worthy cause

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Monday 28th October
    godtabh wrote: »
    what is the total for this now?
    12250 with more coming

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Monday 28th October
    CramCycle wrote: »
    12250 with more coming

Fantastic

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I am unstickying this thread as well as the condolence thread. However both (along with the Munster spin thread and mycharity page) can still be accessed via links I've placed in a post in the Charter/FAQs thread

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Any word on doing this LPB/ cancer boards spin for 2014? I might be a bit early think we did it in late October. Would be great if there was interest in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Monday 28th October
    Northside this year.
    I could organise a trip across the laneways of North County Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

bcmf wrote: »
    Northside this year.

I'm in. NCD sounds like a plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭useeme

Monday 28th October
    daragh_ wrote: »
    I'm in. NCD sounds like a plan.

I'm in wherever the location is.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭quinnp

I'm in also.. Wherever, and whenever it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

bcmf wrote: »
    Northside this year.

Goes without saying I'm in, Pave rules ;-) I wouldn't mind a spin to the Dublin mountains too if the South Siders run something aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

I will try and make this North or South CD. Cork based again so if BCMF can arrange my visa I will be obliged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Monday 28th October
    OK.
    Well someone start a new thread and we can decide what days etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

I'd love to do it if the route is doable for a beginner? I cycled for the first time in over 17 years today :D I did 20k just to get a feel for it.

Monday 28th October
    where is this Northside you speak of?

Monday 28th October
    Candy_Girl wrote: »
    I'd love to do it if the route is doable for a beginner? I cycled for the first time in over 17 years today :D I did 20k just to get a feel for it.

I only did about 30km last year. There is no pressure to do all off it. Its probably the closest thing I've seen as a 410 beers

• Advertisement

I only did about 30km last year. There is no pressure to do all off it. Its probably the closest thing I've seen as a 410 beers

I'll keep at it and try to improve if it goes ahead I'll be in :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Candy_Girl wrote: »

Our new club Velo Club Balrothery will be promoting spins around a 10k loop (so 10,20 or 30km) on Saturdays from the 2nd week in October at 11:00.
    These will start at the Cricket club in Balrothery (near the Balrothery Inn) and will be led by at least 2 experienced cyclists.
    They are aimed at women mainly who want to get into the sport but are maybe intimidated by some of the distances mentioned. It would be a great way to build up stamina and confidence.
    the speed will be that the slowest rider can manage and you can drop off at 10/20 or 30 kms. Pace will probably be around 25kph.
    Hope this appeals to you as part of a build up (ps bcmf is a founder member).

https://www.facebook.com/veloclubbalrothery

RobFowl wrote: »
    Our new club Velo Club Balrothery will be promoting spins around a 10k loop (so 10,20 or 30km) on Saturdays from the 2nd week in October at 11:00.
    These will start at the Cricket club in Balrothery (near the Balrothery Inn) and will be led by at least 2 experienced cyclists.
    They are aimed at women mainly who want to get into the sport but are maybe intimidated by some of the distances mentioned. It would be a great way to build up stamina and confidence.
    the speed will be that the slowest rider can manage and you can drop off at 10/20 or 30 kms. Pace will probably be around 25kph.
    Hope this appeals to you as part of a build up (ps bcmf is a founder member).

https://www.facebook.com/veloclubbalrothery

Do I need to have a road bike ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

It's not safe for the likes of you, there be dragons........think of the liffey as the wall from game of thrones, and everything north thereof as beyond the wall. Plus winter is coming......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Inquitus wrote: »
    It's not safe for the likes of you, there be dragons........think of the liffey as the wall from game of thrones, and everything north thereof as beyond the wall. Plus winter is coming......

Will there be a Ygritte? I'm only coming if there's a Ygritte.

(Digs out fur cloak, grows beard...)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,956 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Northside/North County - Chalk/Cheese. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Monday 28th October
    What date are people thinking for this? Close enough to the same as last year?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

2014 thread here

I'll close this one to avoid further discussion of the current proposal here. If anyone wants it re-opened please PM me or one of the other mods

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement