Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards cycle against cancer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

CramCycle wrote: »
    It has also occurred to me that I no longer have a boards jersey

Do you want a loan of yours back?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Monday 28th October
    Carpenter wrote: »
    Has anyone a boards top for sale size M
    I will feel out of place without 1

Try putting in an entire order for 70 of them and ending up without one on the charity spin :pac:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,595 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Try putting in an entire order for 70 of them and ending up without one on the charity spin :pac:
    Cram's was bigger than yours, and it sounds like he's not got one either ...

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

Beasty wrote: »

Ooooh Errrr Misssus

Monday 28th October
    Beasty wrote: »

Maybe Cram's just felt like it was a lot smaller

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

Monday 28th October
    Can I go in the No High vis, No Helmet and RLJ group on sunday????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

daragh_ wrote: »
    I've a spare Medium you can borrow.

Daragh I would like to thank you for the offer but I would not feel right borrowing 1 you are 1 gem for offering it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Carpenter wrote: »
    Daragh I would like to thank you for the offer but I would not feel right borrowing 1 you are 1 gem for offering it :D

I promise I'll wash it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

daragh_ wrote: »
    I promise I'll wash it! :D

:D I am sure you would if its for sale I would buy it but it would be wrong for me to borrow another mans top .

Not for sale I'm afraid. Need the spare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »

You can wear my long sleeve for the day if you want

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Monday 28th October
    Any idea when you would expect to be back in dundrun from the spin?

As it stands I don't think I'll be able to make it out to Glencree and back so might just do my own thing in the morning, meet the lads on the north side and follow you as far as Enniskerry and head back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Monday 28th October
    Just found this: http://www.windfinder.com/weatherforecast/lough_bray

Be careful lads, such winds and wet leaves can be dangerous.

godtabh wrote: »
    Any idea when you would expect to be back in dundrun from the spin?

As it stands I don't think I'll be able to make it out to Glencree and back so might just do my own thing in the morning, meet the lads on the north side and follow you as far as Enniskerry and head back home.

Really depends on how long is spent suppin' tae.

We won't realistically leave on time so arrive in Glencullen for12ish. Hang about for 30 or 40 minutes. Arrive back for 2 maybe???

If the weather is really bad bail after the coffee and come home via Enniskerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

So whats the story for Sunday? Are all the Northsiders still meeting in the Phoenic Park, North Circular Road Entrance at 9.15 to head over to Dundrum. Weather could be messy, so wrap up well. I'm going to park in my Mother in Laws in Glasnevin and head to the Park. Hope to see a good group there and looking froward to the spin.

Monday 28th October
    detones wrote: »
    So whats the story for Sunday? Are all the Northsiders still meeting in the Phoenic Park, North Circular Road Entrance at 9.15 to head over to Dundrum. Weather could be messy, so wrap up well. I'm going to park in my Mother in Laws in Glasnevin and head to the Park. Hope to see a good group there and looking froward to the spin.

That's the plan anyways. I won't know until after my shift tomorrow if I'm working or not, so I might not be able to make it.

I assume we're going ahead with it no matter what the weather? If it's raining like it was earlier, I'd strongly suggest for people to fit mudguards to their bikes. There's nothing worse than riding in a group where people don't have mudguards, you'll be sprayed in the face for the entire ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Monday 28th October
    all the best on this spin lads. I wont make it unfortuantely.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Monday 28th October
    Off the ball question but SKS Raceblades, will they be long enough not to piss off the guy behind me? I had some years ago but can't remember how effective they are?

I have no mudguards, guess I'll have to sit at the back for the day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Monday 28th October
    detones wrote: »
    I have no mudguards, guess I'll have to sit at the back for the day ;)

or attack off the front. Where is your sense of adventure? :)

• Advertisement

I'll be on a borrowed bike. I have no idea if it has mudguards. It may not even have wheels! :D Anyway we will be out whatever the weather. It'll be great craic. Shame you can't make it lenny.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Monday 28th October
    Why will no one answer me :(

Why will no one answer me :(

Shhh, did anyone hear a noise?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Monday 28th October
    Off the ball question but SKS Raceblades, will they be long enough not to piss off the guy behind me? I had some years ago but can't remember how effective they are?

IIRC they keep the spray down a good bit,especially if you have the little rubber flap attached to the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭RonanCFD

It's looking pretty windy for Sunday!

Screenshot_2013-10-25-18-16-09_zps4b4136ff.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Monday 28th October
    All this nonsense talk of mudguards.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

Anyone else heading over from West Dublin direction ... Lucan/Clondalkin?

I have mudguards.

After we do this spin I propose a Boards Cycle Against Mudguards.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Monday 28th October
    Won't be there on Sunday after all, have fun gents and lads!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Monday 28th October
    Anyone else heading over from West Dublin direction ... Lucan/Clondalkin?

I have mudguards.

I'm planning a spin out that way in the mor jng before heading to meet d northsiders. Is there a group going from Lucan? If so what time and from.where?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement