Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Chromecast now available in Ireland via Amazon - see mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Got the email as well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Anyone know the protocol for fast way if no one is there when they call?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Mine calls to me so much with car parts they just leave it in an agreed place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Got my chromecast last night from my sister in the states, cool little bit of kit for the money...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

does it work with sky go???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I don't think it does but I'm open to correction on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I don't think it does but I'm open to correction on it.

No Sky Go I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Nope, just Netfix, YouTube and Google music, and chrome mirroring from laptops, its not like an Android dongle, its not android at all AFAIK...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Fieldog wrote: »
    Nope, just Netfix, YouTube and Google music, and chrome mirroring from laptops, its not like an Android dongle, its not android at all AFAIK...

Probably why they called it Chrome cast and not android cast.
    AFAIK it is a mix of Android and chrome OS.
    Hopefully it works better than the HTC media link where there was a second delay between picture and sound when using Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Probably why they called it Chrome cast and not android cast.
    AFAIK it is a mix of Android and chrome OS.
    Hopefully it works better than the HTC media link where there was a second delay between picture and sound when using Netflix.

With something as popular as Chromecast we'd know if that was a problem by now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

As of 6:54 this morning my chromecast is aboard a courier vehicle. Should have it today so.

Me too, was picked up just after 7am and is on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I have this on my tracking page:
    Unfortunately, your parcel was misdirected when sent from our pickup depot and is not out for delivery with the local courier

:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

balls - wish i'd ordered one now :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Just delivered!! In the warehouse at work, so haven't got my paws on it yet...

Gryzor wrote: »
    Just delivered!! In the warehouse at work, so haven't got my paws on it yet...

Same here. Only took 6 days.

Same here. Haven't opened the envelope but I have it here on my desk :)

If anyone can get this working with a upc Thomson router could you let me know how? I keep getting a can't find network message. After googling the problem it seems I'm not the only one to have problems connecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Got mine today. Can't wait to have a play now.

Everything is in the box. Lovely, can't wait to have a mess about when I get home.

It'll actually be worth subscribing to Netflix now :)

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Everything is in the box. Lovely, can't wait to have a mess about when I get home.

It'll actually be worth subscribing to Netflix now :)

Make that US Netflix...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Ok i have it, now what the hell do i do with it? :P

Got it, we all must of been on the same shipment :P

god's toy wrote: »
    Make that US Netflix...

I got a Nexus 7 last Christmas and took the 1 month subscription and sorted it out as US Netflix.

Should I pick up my sub now does anyone know if US Netflix continues?

Ok got it set up.

I couldn't set it up by phone, my phone had trouble finding the CC (S4). Set up worked on the laptop though and since i can send thing from the laptop/phone to it.

Its a nice piece of kit, i've been using my Playstation for youtube/netflix. Its very similar.

Though how do you try it off ?? Do you just leave it on constantly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    If anyone can get this working with a upc Thomson router could you let me know how? I keep getting a can't find network message. After googling the problem it seems I'm not the only one to have problems connecting.

Any joy getting it to work TheTechGuy? Mine hasn't arrived yet but we have a UPC Thomson router as well.

Any joy getting it to work TheTechGuy? Mine hasn't arrived yet but we have a UPC Thomson router as well.

No, seems the only way to get it working is by buying a second router and setting the upc Thomson to modem only mode. I may just sell mine off, haven't decided yet. Got it working by using the fox-fi app on my phone as a router but that only works off my 3g connection so that's obviously not good enough for HD etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Mine arrived today, it took some time to connect to my wifi but got it eventually. Has anyone figured out how to watch US Netflix yet?

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I got a Nexus 7 last Christmas and took the 1 month subscription and sorted it out as US Netflix.

Should I pick up my sub now does anyone know if US Netflix continues?

I think they are screening Netflix content as US stuff is coming up as an error over chromecast but plays fine on tablet, pc, phone and Google TV box.

Will look into getting round thus.

• Advertisement

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Ok got it set up.

Though how do you try it off ?? Do you just leave it on constantly
    Don't think it turns off. European Union would have a huge issue with that...

I have mine powered off the TV itself, so when the TV is off the CC is off too.

Advertisement