Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 5, Episode 16: Felina

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Turtyturd wrote: »
    People love tacking on these dream endings to tv shows. I blame The Sopranos and the fact that
    Tony actually died at the end of the penultimate episode.

He didn't really

Yeah he did.

http://skyatlantic.sky.com/the-sopranos/the-sopranos-ending-explained

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭cozar

anyone any thoughts on where are all the millions?? wasnt it arount 60 - 70 mil. when walt was going to kill Jack (or whatever his name was) he said to walt that he would give him the money. ??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

snausages wrote: »

That has nothing to do with what I said.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Neil McCauleys Cooler Brother

cozar wrote: »
    anyone any thoughts on where are all the millions?? wasnt it arount 60 - 70 mil. when walt was going to kill Jack (or whatever his name was) he said to walt that he would give him the money. ??

The brain-dead Nazis probably stashed the cash in the compound somewhere. The cops found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭doozer16

It's mentioned like a 100 times on this thread alone.

Well I obviously hadn't read it, only joined the thread after the show ended, IS THAT A CRIME?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Can't wait to get home from work and watch the next episode of brea................... oh forgot.............."sniff"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,337 ✭✭✭✭Penn

cozar wrote: »

Could have started getting closer to 100mil considering they had Jesse cooking for them for at least 3-4 months. But yeah, I'd say it was on the compound somewhere or the cops easily found it somewhere else. The Nazi's were ruthless, but not too smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Seriously missing this morning..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Basq wrote: »

Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, get on up, its rewatch time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭brevity

Went on a bit of a re-watch marathon at around 4 yesterday.

Tuco really was nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I did a rewatch leading up to 5B.. so don't think I'll do a rewatch in the near future.

I did a rewatch leading up to 5B.. so don't think I'll do a rewatch in the near future.

I did the same. I'll get the blu-ray set, though, and do the whole thing again (this time with DTS-MA sound...yummy) 'round about the Yuletide season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Can't wait to get home from work and watch the next episode of brea................... oh forgot.............."sniff"
    I've thrown out the tv.......well, I might as well. But Big Bang Theory starts again tomorrow night, so that might reprieve it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Would you go as far as Breaking BAd Sadness

Btw just saw Brian Cranston on Seinfeld on SkyAtlantic+1 'The Festivus ep', you know a Festivus for the rest of us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

If we're going to nitpick about logical inconsistencies, anyone notice that Jesse seemed more buff this episode? Or am I imagining things? That Ben and Jerries must be high in protein.

Probably bulked up for 'Need for Speed'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

excollier wrote: »
    I've thrown out the tv.......well, I might as well. But Big Bang Theory starts again tomorrow night, so that might reprieve it

You get out of this thread and don't soil it with mention of that ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Reflecting on season 5, there just wasn't enough Jesse. Much as I loved the character, I kinda feel like if they had reached the end of the line with him, he should have been killed off or assumed a new identity earlier. He got barely any screen time in the finale.

Jesse should have died in season 3 or 4. His character went absolutely nowhere the past 2 seasons.z

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭John Dodger

I did the same. I'll get the blu-ray set, though, and do the whole thing again (this time with DTS-MA sound...yummy) 'round about the Yuletide season.

Same here. Won't watch again for a while except maybe for the DVD extras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Jesse should have died in season 3 or 4. His character went absolutely nowhere the past 2 seasons.z

Well he was orginally supposed to be killed off in the first season actually. So I don't know if it was ever planned on where Jesse's character was going to go. But personally I think his character kind've grew with each season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

brevity wrote: »
    Went on a bit of a re-watch marathon at around 4 yesterday.

Tuco really was nuts.

Tuco's time on Breaking Bad was criminally short

Tuco's time on Breaking Bad was criminally short

I always loved that scene where Walt basically calls Tuco a piece of **** and admits they tried to poison him. Intense moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

JesseJesse brok good after Brock was poisoned and went to Hank. The fact he survived at the end makes me lean toward thinking BB had a conservative ending.

In hindsight, the ending was a little too neat perhaps. Still extremely satisfying. I don't buy the idea that Jesse should have been killed off earlier, though; his character had to be front and centre in the final scenes (as I kept saying). But, yes, he was definitely underused in Season 5B.

If I had to guess what happened to these characters: I think, once Jesse takes stock, he might learn about Skyler's and Walt Jr's attitude to the whole Walt story and decide, well, maybe I owe it to the sonuva bitch to set his son right on what exactly happened that day in To'hajiilee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

We shamefully only started watching Breaking Bad two weeks ago, have watched all 5 seasons over the past two weeks finishing last night.

Watching it all over so short a time was actually brilliant, it was like one very, very long movie and we were totally blown away by it. Blown away by the power of each season and how dark and devastating it became. It was addictive television and Cranston showed just what an incredible actor he is.

On the upside to only starting to watch a few weeks ago, we didn't get the chance to really think ahead to what may happen in the final few episodes (we watched the last 6 in a row yesterday) and purposefully avoided anything that may have spoiled it for us so we loved the final, the last few episodes ran together were just so powerful.

I honestly want to start watching it from the start again tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Can anyone help me out. I hope I'm not nitpicking but something about the way Walt was shot doesn't sit right with me. When Walt tackled Jesse to the ground he then triggered the gun to go off right? What I can't understand is how he got shot. He was laying on top of Jesse and the gunshots clearly were at shoulder height ( Or therabouts ). When we see the shot of the outside of the house there doesn't seem to be any gun shots aimed lower down. If this is right then how was Walk shot?

I hope this makes sense folks. Absolutely loved the show and I'm not being critical here I hope. There is either something I'm not seeing, or not getting, or can this be an oversight? The way the show was out together was amazing and I don't think it's the latter.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me out. I hope I'm not nitpicking but something about the way Walt was shot doesn't sit right with me. When Walt tackled Jesse to the ground he then triggered the gun to go off right? What I can't understand is how he got shot. He was laying on top of Jesse and the gunshots clearly were at shoulder height ( Or therabouts ). When we see the shot of the outside of the house there doesn't seem to be any gun shots aimed lower down. If this is right then how was Walk shot?

I hope this makes sense folks. Absolutely loved the show and I'm not being critical here I hope. There is either something I'm not seeing, or not getting, or can this be an oversight? The way the show was out together was amazing and I don't think it's the latter.

A bullet bounces off something just before he's hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Thepoet85 wrote: »

Ricochet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Big interview with Vince Gillingham here

Advertisement