Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 5, Episode 16: Felina

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Torqay wrote: »
    We don't know if Walter did contibute much more than just the formation of the company name. His grief did not stem from leaving the company but from his own stupidity of selling his shares in a company now worth billions for the ridiculous sum of $5000 dollar. He could have left and remain a silent shareholder.

It's clearly indicated early on that he was heavilly involved in whatever chemical research they'd initially been doing, even after everything they were still saying what a brilliant chemist he was even though they were belittling his role. I agree they didn't screw him over tho, he bolted from Gretchen's house when he saw how rich her parents and background was because it intimidated him and he felt that he wouldn't be good enough for them. Once he left Gretchen he didn't feel he could stay in Grey Matter, it was entirely his own failing, it wasn't their fault they became hugely successful and he missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

ashdale5 wrote: »
    The fact that they publicly wiped him from Grey Matter history gave him the opportunity to get the money to Walt Jnr.

I'd agree with you. He even touches on it in 'felina' saying something along the lines of 'no-one would suspect anything from charity giving benefactors like yourselves'. Although initially p*ssed off at the bar, you can see his anger, it effectively gives him an avenue to get money to his family without arousing major suspicion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

I know I'm late to the party but I've just seen it and I love love loved it. The scene with the schwartzes and the lazers ;) Walt and Skylar and the ending wowee. Lydia and her steevia! I won't look at sweetner the same way again. These actors are so lucky to have touched screen writing gold. The Nazi's gave Jesse good dental care :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Big Game wrote: »
    It's clearly indicated early on that he was heavilly involved in whatever chemical research they'd initially been doing, even after everything they were still saying what a brilliant chemist he was even though they were belittling his role. I agree they didn't screw him over tho, he bolted from Gretchen's house when he saw how rich her parents and background was because it intimidated him and he felt that he wouldn't be good enough for them. Once he left Gretchen he didn't feel he could stay in Grey Matter, it was entirely his own failing, it wasn't their fault they became hugely successful and he missed out.

We know from the plaque in his house that he was involved in some research that won someone a Nobel Prize in Chemistry. If that work was with GreyMatter he'd have a lot to be pissed off about.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

kiffer wrote: »
    We know from the plaque in his house that he was involved in some research that won someone a Nobel Prize in Chemistry. If that work was with GreyMatter he'd have a lot to be pissed off about.

A lot to be pissed off about with himself for selling up for a pittance, that wasn't Gretchen and Elliot's fault. They didn't force him out the door, quite the opposite.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

If that work was with GreyMatter he'd have a lot to be pissed off about.

Why? Because he took a hike when he couldn't deal with his inferiority complex? Who is to blame but himself? Nobody forced him him out of the company or to sell his shares. Of course, blaming others for their own weaknesses and shortcomings in order to lessen and ameliorate the pain of inferiority is quite a common symptom with such people.

I didn't say he had anyone to blame but himself, I'm just saying missing out on a Nobel Prize would be very upsetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I didn't say he had anyone to blame but himself, I'm just saying missing out on a Nobel Prize would be very upsetting.
    He didn't though. It was on the wall in Holly's room.

Actually, the reporter on that tv show should have brought that up. That's undeniable publically-noted involvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »

Actually, the reporter on that tv show should have brought that up. That's undeniable publically-noted involvement.

I wondered how a Nobel prize winner ends up a high school science teacher?

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »

You understand that a Nobel prize comes with a million dollars and a big feck off gold medal? What he has is a cert saying he helped a team that got a Nobel prize.
    If he hadn't have thrown his strop and quit he would have gotten an actual share.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

You understand that a Nobel prize comes with a million dollars and a big feck off gold medal? What he has is a cert saying he helped a team that got a Nobel prize.
    If he hadn't have thrown his strop and quit he would have gotten an actual share.
    I just went to look at the plaque properly. I had always assumed that it was his plaque recognising that he was one of the recipients of the NP in 1985.

I was surprised that someone awarded money and prestige like that would end up working in a middle-of-the-road high school but assumed the money had gone to Walter Jr's medical care and that Walt took a job that didn't test his abilities because he was low in confidence.

But it seems you're right, he bailed before the NP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

There's a circularity in the murders of Crazy-8 and Todd, with the former being Walt's first, true, intended kill and the latter being Jesse's presumed last.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Do you guys think Jesse continued on making Meth? Or just quit the business altogether. What else can Jesse do really.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    There's a circularity in the murders of Crazy-8 and Todd, with the former being Walt's first, true, intended kill and the latter being Jesse's presumed last.

Chirality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Do you guys think Jesse continued on making Meth? Or just quit the business altogether. What else can Jesse do really.

I'll bet he would have liked some of that money Jack had hidden, but Walt screwed him over again. HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!!

If there were a next episode, it would include Walt's funeral, Lydia sh*tting herself to death, and Jesse living on the streets or dealing drugs.

It would be pretty depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Dave! wrote: »
    I'll bet he would have liked some of that money Jack had hidden, but Walt screwed him over again. HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!!

If there were a next episode, it would include Walt's funeral, Lydia sh*tting herself to death, and Jesse living on the streets or dealing drugs.

If I was Jesse I would wait until the heat died off at the compound and the authorities left. Then I'd come back and look for the money. Would Jack be smart enough to keep it somewhere away from the compound and possibly bury it. Or would he rather keep it near by where he could keep watch over it, maybe at the compound itself.

Holly grows up to be a meth addict.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Dave! wrote: »

I like to think Jesse moved to Alaska and became a carpenter, making a living selling perfect wooden boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Holly grows up to be a meth addict.

Don't you mean math? she be loving those numbers yo...:-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I like to think Jesse moved to Alaska and became a carpenter, making a living selling perfect wooden boxes.
    It was a pretty great box to be fair

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭loseyourself

Feck the Better call Saul spinoff series. There should be a Jesse spin off series!

Jesse is broke and needs to starts cooking again. Yea Bitch oooh!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,627 ✭✭✭✭briany

It would only be a matter of time before Jesse was picked up by the cops. No money, his house was probably repossessed, a known associate of one of the most high profile drug bosses of recent years and with little means to skip town. His best bets would have been probably been Badger and Skinny P to lay low with for a while but those two aren't exactly walking embodiments of reliability.

Took a while to really take in that finale. I thought it was pretty much a perfect end though. The only gripes I had were the machine gun perfectly scattergunning everyone and Walt dying in the meth lab in a that sort of artsy American Beauty style way.

Walt got his revenge but I'm surprised that he didn't stop to think about the implications for his family. Wouldn't other members of the gang look for revenge? Wasn't this a gang with chapters around the country? I doubt they were just going to let the whole thing lie. Maybe they don't know anything about Walt's family but we don't know for sure either way.

Not really as sad as I thought I would be to see the series go. I think that's the sign of a satisfying conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,627 ✭✭✭✭briany

Feck the Better call Saul spinoff series. There should be a Jesse spin off series!

Jesse is broke and needs to starts cooking again. Yea Bitch oooh!

Jesse on his own isn't nearly as compelling but together with Walt it was like Joh(N) Lenn(O)n and P(AU)l MethCartney.

A Jesse spinoff should start off with Aaron Paul standing on front of a red stage curtain, directly addressing the viewer.

"Hi! I'm Aaron Paul and you might remember me from Breaking Bad. Well, it turns out that show set the bar a little bit too high for my subsequent career. Plus I got divorced, some other stuff happened, and I destroyed all the copies of the pre-nup at burning man while high on.... *test card*

......Anyway, Vince couldn't come back to write, produce or direct, so we got Diablo Cody instead. Watch out for that burger phone! Only joking.

Enjoy!

*Fade out*

*Fade back in*

B*tch!

"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭loseyourself

briany wrote: »
    Jesse on his own isn't nearly as compelling but together with Walt it was like Joh(N) Lenn(O)n and P(AU)l MethCartney.

Jesse could be the new Walter White!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I love Jesse but he's definitely not compelling enough for his own show. Also his arc was about redemption, a spin off of him cooking meth solo sort of ruins that.

I love Jesse but he's definitely not compelling enough for his own show. Also his arc was about redemption, a spin off of him cooking meth solo sort of ruins that.

And he wanted to quit after the kid on the bike died.

What happened to the video the nazis were watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

I would have assumed Jesse would end up going to the cops, he knows the whole lydia stuff, more than enough to cut a deal especially if (a) marie tells the cops what she knows and (b) uncle jack kept a copy of Jesse's dvd confessional with Hank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

The police don't know that Jesse is alive so he can start a new life. He probably has plenty of connections to get him set up with new papers. I'd say he'll keep in touch with badger, skinny pete, become a carpenter in another state, apart from that his priority will be to help Brock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

cloudatlas wrote: »
    The police don't know that Jesse is alive so he can start a new life. He probably has plenty of connections to get him set up with new papers. I'd say he'll keep in touch with badger, skinny pete, become a carpenter in another state, apart from that his priority will be to help Brock.

Never mind that the cops will notice someone drove out through the compound gates at high speed, Jesse's finger prints are all over the shop, including the chain used to strangle Todd and the gun that shot Jack, the confession video is still in the machine and probably many more incriminating bits of forensic and CCTV evidence... you're right, looks like young Jesse is clean away.

Advertisement