Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 5, Episode 16: Felina

Options
  • 23-09-2013 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

Mod Warning: I'll be reviewing this thread tomorrow after I've watched the finale. Anyone requesting or posting streams (after this warning - 10:45pm) will get an infraction.

All bad things come to an end

*****No Spoilers in trailer****

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

The strongest part of my will is stopping me from watching this....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

No spoilers in that trailer. All footage we've seen already.

Chemistry is the study of transformation

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Miscme92101

Gripping Finale trailer. How on earth they are going to fit in everything in less than 60 minutes is beyond me though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

Was trying to work out with a mate what the finale title means.

Anagram of "Finale" is the obvious one.

But...

Fe = Iron
    Li = Lithium
    Na = Sodium

Blood, Meth, and Tears!

Thought we were total geniuses and were going to post it online, turns out someone on Reddit got there two weeks before us! :pac:

NicoleL88 wrote: »
    Was trying to work out with a mate what the finale title means.

Anagram of "Finale" is the obvious one.

But...

Fe = Iron
    Li = Lithium
    Na = Sodium

Blood, Meth, and Tears!

Thought we were total geniuses and were going to post it online, turns out someone on Reddit got there two weeks before us! :pac:

Sorry... gotta say this one again...
    There is no lithium in meth.
    Sodium is in a f*ckton of things, let alone sodium chloride, which is also in a f*ckton of things, let alone tears - more than a bit of a stretch.
    As for Iron being in haemoglobin, that's true, but associating "blood" just from iron is also a bit of a stretch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

A quick google... "Lithium metal is the most commonly used reactive metal in the clandestine manufacture of methamphetamine using the anhydrous ammonia method of production."

In relation to bodily fluids, most people hear iron: they think blood. They hear salt: they think tears.

Just because each element doesn't perfectly fit each word doesn't mean that it's so big of a stretch.

What do you think Felina means?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

ACTUALLY. I was reading more on this and apparently the 'Nazi' method of Meth production involves the use of lithium batteries so not entirely out of the question that the aforementioned interpretation is indeed the correct one, especially given the old Nazi gang we have all beatin' on our ickle Jesse.

Agree that the sodium one is a bit of a stretch, but still, only a bit.

Linkage Bítch

Nazi wrote:
    After filtering, the reaction byproducts and traces of methamphetamine remain in the filter
    papers. Occasionally traces of pseudoephedrine precursor also remain.

Walt's "Blue Sky" is so called because it is (as the name says), blue. It was blue because Walt worked around using pseudoephedrine as a precursor, by using a different chemical pathway. This "Nazi" method uses pseudo - and even the Nazis in this programme are using Walt's method - so I can't see any information gleamed from the "Nazi" method as necessarily pertinent to Walt's proceedings. The name similarity is quite intriguing of course, there's no denying that!

Anyone who goes as far as LC or 1st year college Chemistry knows that Lithium is used as a catalyst in quite a number of reactions, pharmaceutical or otherwise - it's a huge function of the element in Chemistry. Linking it to meth alone is still quite a tenuous link, in my opinion, but my Chemistry wouldn't be of a high enough level to make such a claim definite.

The same goes for sodium, to be honest. Sodium ions are the most prevalent ion in all of the extracellular fluids of the body. It's extremely important in the electrical activity of neurons, for example. NaCl in tears is really just one tiny, tiny thing that sodium does, let alone in its functions in physiology/the human body.

Iron meaning blood... same as above. What makes people assume that it's to do with bodily functions or red blood cells? Guns have iron in them I'm sure?

As for asking me what I think Felina means - I haven't the foggiest! I prefer not to think of what it means and try and figure out the significance upon the watching the episode. Breaking Bad is fantastic for its dual-meaning episode titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I wonder will Skylar be killed in this episode?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

dave1982 wrote: »

Its sadly too late to be any good now. Stupid bitch.

On the title subject.

While the name is obviously an anagram of Finale. Its the feminine version of 'feline' in Spanish but I also readed this
    The title may be a reference to the 1959 song "El Paso" by Western music artist Marty Robbins. The song concerns an unnamed cowboy who falls in love with a woman named "Feleena", commits murder for her, goes into exile for it, and then finally returns for her.

I'd wager they spent about a month coming up with this title the amount of connotations it seems to have.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Interesting choice of track for the trailer, I wonder is it telling us something?
    It's Line Of Fire by Junip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Maybe it was supposed to be "Finale" and they forgot to run spell check on it :P

And Gilligan and co are all laughing at everyone coming up with these abstract ways to explain the title..

So funny if true (but its not)...but maybe it is

simpsons-shifty-dog-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I hope not. I don't want Walt Jr. and Holly to become orphans, or even worse, be given to Marie :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

I hope not. I don't want Walt Jr. and Holly to become orphans, or even worse, be given to Marie :pac:

I like Marie!

vitani wrote: »
    I like Marie!

One of the few people that do I'd say! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I read somewhere - can't remember where - that "Felina" hasn't been officially confirmed as the episode title, and is just based on someone seeing the actress playing Marie with a script with that title.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Neil McCauleys Cooler Brother

Vince Gilligan's one word preview of next week's episode: "Woodworking. Or is that two words?" Okay, geniuses. Let's get...genius-ing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Vince Gilligan's one word preview of next week's episode: "Woodworking. Or is that two words?" Okay, geniuses. Let's get...genius-ing.

Walter whites a Lumberjack its all a dream it never happened :D

Just like the other series:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Some ideas....I always thought that Walt's family would survive with at least some of the money, and respecting Walt who is dead by then.

I think it will be Jesse who will tell Walt Jr. the truth about Hank's death and Walt's desire to help his family...why I don't know but I'd say there will be some twist! Maybe Walt will save Brock?

• Advertisement

Walter whites a Lumberjack its all a dream it never happened :D

Just like the other series:rolleyes:

maybe he's going to work with Dexter
    in the lumber yard where he ended up after he.. eh.. disappeared in the storm
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Walter is going to kill his family and Marie with the M-60. Then he teams up with Lydia to create the largest and most fearful meth empire the world has ever seen. Trusty old Todd will become his assistant and Uncle Jack will be running the security operations. Heisenberg and the crew will prevail. And since Jesse is so obsessed with ricin, well, he can have it all. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭trashcan

Whatever else happen next week I want Todd and his Nazi uncle Jack to meet their end, preferably with as much pain as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Neil McCauleys Cooler Brother

trashcan wrote: »
    Whatever else happen next week I want Todd and his Nazi uncle Jack to meet their end, preferably with as much pain as possible.

Seconded. I really really want a look of pain to be etched into Todd's WASPy face by final fadeout. And one last wisecrack from Jack to be met by a payoff line from Walt and then a bullet in the head. Walt can go out how he sees fit after that and I will salute the evil genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Walt Grace

maybe he's going to work with Dexter
    in the lumber yard where he ended up after he.. eh.. disappeared in the storm
    :pac:

Can't we keep the Dexter spoilers off this please...haven't watched the final one yet. Prick.

Walt Grace wrote: »
    Can't we keep the Dexter spoilers off this please...haven't watched the final one yet. Prick.

keep the personal abuse to yourself. it's been out for 2 days.

keep the personal abuse to yourself. it's been out for 2 days.

And I've been avoiding the Dexter forum for the past 2 days until I watch it. Last time I checked this was the Breaking Bad forum?!
    You're in the wrong here lad.

Walt Grace wrote: »
    And I've been avoiding the Dexter forum for the past 2 days until I watch it. Last time I checked this was the Breaking Bad forum?!
    You're in the wrong here lad.

personal abuse is against the rules of the site.

the spoilers thing has been done to death on other threads. if it's out, it's fair game to talk about it. anyway, dexter hasn't been completely ruined on you. it's still shyte though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

if it's out, it's fair game to talk about it.

Fair game on the Dexter forum. Not everyone watches a TV show the second it comes out (or even a day or two after).

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Fair game on the Dexter forum. Not everyone watches a TV show the second it comes out (or even a day or two after).
    Thank you Mr E. Apologies for the use of the word prick but it just pissed me off seeing that on the BB forum considering it's the last ever episode of the show.

Advertisement