Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 5, Episode 16: Felina

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭John Dodger

Where was hank in the last episode. He was my favorite character.

Hank appeared in a flashback to the first episode in Walts house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

l know exactly what Jesse did a after we see his final scene,he walked off the set, cause guess what its a TV show!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

l know exactly what Jesse did a after we see his final scene,he walked off the set, cause guess what its a TV show!

You seem to have Jesse mixed up with Aaron Paul, cause guess what, Jesse's a character in a TV show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

I don't understand how people think that it was a bit of a stretch that the gun killed everyone but Walt, Jesse and Todd. Walt knocked Jesse to the ground and Todd got down with them to separate them. The gun went off and pretty quickly wiped out anybody who wasn't on the floor before they got a chance to dive for cover. What's so unbelievable about it all really? Maybe it's the convenience of Jack being the only one to still be alive. It's convenient alright but still possible so just fecking go with it and stop trying to ruin great television on yourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Agreed, we could dissect every single TV show and movie and pick holes all over the shop. If things were 100% real the series would have ran for about 5 episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

So was the end in fact a dream? Did Walt die in the car succumbing to the cancer and the rest was a dream?
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/10/04/norm-macdonald-tells-you-how-breaking-bad-really-ended/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

dont buy it. How would he have dreamed up Jesse's situation, of which he knew absolutely nothing! Still, fun to read all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 33,384 ✭✭✭✭Penn

No. It wasn't a dream.

- Walt didn't know Jesse was still alive, so couldn't dream about saving him.
    - Walt didn't know Jesse's story about making the box, so couldn't dream Jesse dreaming about it
    - Walt didn't know Todd liked Lydia, so couldn't dream about their meeting, or Todd having "Lydia the tattooed lady" as his ringtone for her

Vince Gilligan said the ending wouldn't be ambiguous, that we'd have a clear ending. It being a dream and him dying in the car in New Hampshire would be contrary to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Penn wrote: »
    No. It wasn't a dream.

- Walt didn't know Jesse was still alive, so couldn't dream about saving him.
    - Walt didn't know Jesse's story about making the box, so couldn't dream Jesse dreaming about it
    - Walt didn't know Todd liked Lydia, so couldn't dream about their meeting, or Todd having "Lydia the tattooed lady" as his ringtone for her

Vince Gilligan said the ending wouldn't be ambiguous, that we'd have a clear ending. It being a dream and him dying in the car in New Hampshire would be contrary to that.

It wasn't a dream but just regarding your points.

- Walt suspected Jessie was alive once he heard about the blue meth reappearing on the news report. What he couldn't have dreamt was Jessie being a slave, and the condition he was in.

- This one is a plausible reason for it not being a dream.

- Lydia met Walt at the same time, at the same location. He knew Todd and the Nazis were in with Lydia now, so he could easily dream of her meeting Todd at the same location. The ringtone could also be dreamt up by Walt in a Lydia is ringing way, rather than Todds phone ringing kind of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,384 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Spud83 wrote: »
    - Lydia met Walt at the same time, at the same location. He knew Todd and the Nazis were in with Lydia now, so he could easily dream of her meeting Todd at the same location. The ringtone could also be dreamt up by Walt in a Lydia is ringing way, rather than Todds phone ringing kind of way.

Not necessarily their meeting, but rather how their meeting would have went, with Todd complimenting Lydia, himself being well-dressed etc, because he likes her. Regardless of them working together, Walt couldn't have known Todd fancied her. Same with Todd's ringtone for her, we saw that his ringtone for Walt was "You blinded me with science". Todd has personalised ringtones for people. It's too unlikely that in a near-death dream state that he'd imagine that song being Todd's ringtone for Lydia.

But then again, we both agree it wasn't a dream, so no point arguing over it. Norm MacDonald is a sh*t-stirrer anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Ah little Todd sat up in bed at night working away on his laptop cropping and saving his mp3 files for everyone

greenflash wrote: »
    You seem to have Jesse mixed up with Aaron Paul, cause guess what, Jesse's a character in a TV show.

I am well aware Jesse is a character in a TV show played very convincingly by Aaron Paul, But a guess what:-)....I Feel that its extremely tedious and just plain dull to argue about what becomes of Jesse or any other character. The possible outcomes are infinite. We have already seen his conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

I am well aware Jesse is a character in a TV show played very convincingly by Aaron Paul, But a guess what:-)....I Feel that its extremely tedious and just plain dull to argue about what becomes of Jesse or any other character. The possible outcomes are infinite. We have already seen his conclusion.

I find conversations about who Man Utd will or won't buy tedious and just plain dull...
    ...so I stay off the Man Utd forum.

No offence, but these threads are for people who enjoy such conversations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

greenflash wrote: »
    Never mind that the cops will notice someone drove out through the compound gates at high speed, Jesse's finger prints are all over the shop, including the chain used to strangle Todd and the gun that shot Jack, the confession video is still in the machine and probably many more incriminating bits of forensic and CCTV evidence... you're right, looks like young Jesse is clean away.

Okay so he's assumed missing but possibly dead. He has contacts. Perhaps he got away before the cops arrived he was travelling at speed, we don't know how many roads led away from the compound. Anyway even if it's not probable I'd like to think it's possible because it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Mousewar wrote: »
    I find conversations about who Man Utd will or won't buy tedious and just plain dull...
    ...so I stay off the Man Utd forum.

No offence, but these threads are for people who enjoy such conversations.

The speculative posts that I find annoying are actually a very small part of this thread, most of the observations are actually based on things that happened in the show, and I do enjoy reading these and seeing peoples different reactions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

cloudatlas wrote: »
    I know I'm late to the party but I've just seen it and I love love loved it. The scene with the schwartzes and the lazers ;) Walt and Skylar and the ending wowee. Lydia and her steevia! I won't look at sweetner the same way again. These actors are so lucky to have touched screen writing gold. The Nazi's gave Jesse good dental care :pac:

Real sugar is poison all the same

I like to think Jesse moved to Alaska and became a carpenter, making a living selling perfect wooden boxes.

Jesse was too much of an idiot to avoid getting caught. There's no way he made it all the way to Alaska

Feck the Better call Saul spinoff series. There should be a Jesse spin off series!

Jesse is broke and needs to starts cooking again. Yea Bitch oooh!

Yeah we can tune in to see him getting shanked in a high security facility after he gets pinched by the coppers.

Jesse could be the new Walter White!

He might be able to cook meth. I don't believe he has the brains or the balls to run a high level meth operation in the same way Walter White did.

Eamo71 wrote: »
    So was the end in fact a dream? Did Walt die in the car succumbing to the cancer and the rest was a dream?
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/10/04/norm-macdonald-tells-you-how-breaking-bad-really-ended/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

This isn't Dallas

• Advertisement

Okay so he's assumed missing but possibly dead. He has contacts. Perhaps he got away before the cops arrived he was travelling at speed, we don't know how many roads led away from the compound. Anyway even if it's not probable I'd like to think it's possible because it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

You assume he has contacts. Can you name any contacts he has that will get him out of ABQ safely?

You assume he has contacts. Can you name any contacts he has that will get him out of ABQ safely?

My previous post was purely aspirational. The actor who plays Mike said he hopes Jesse escapes and looks after Brock aswell. Jesse was in the drugs business for years like Heisenberg he was a legend, he will know people who know people. That's what I hope, it's all conjecture, Vince gilligan hasn't offered an opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

sorry if this is a dumb question, how did the cops show up at the end? heard the gunfire is the only thing I can think of

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Jesse was too much of an idiot to avoid getting caught. There's no way he made it all the way to Alaska

Oh lighten the **** up. I'm just having a bit of a joke and making up a nice ending for a character I liked.

But if that's not realistic enough how about he serves his time and then moves to Alaska afterwards, any better for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Do you guys think Jesse continued on making Meth? Or just quit the business altogether. What else can Jesse do really.

Wasn't he dreaming of a bit of carpentry?

Oh lighten the **** up. I'm just having a bit of a joke and making up a nice ending for a character I liked.

But if that's not realistic enough how about he serves his time and then moves to Alaska afterwards, any better for you?

You should take your own advice while you're at it.

My previous post was purely aspirational. The actor who plays Mike said he hopes Jesse escapes and looks after Brock aswell. Jesse was in the drugs business for years like Heisenberg he was a legend, he will know people who know people. That's what I hope, it's all conjecture, Vince gilligan hasn't offered an opinion.

Hence the improbability of an escape.

Hence the improbability of an escape.

Saul could get him out of there. Why couldn't somebody else with the same skills be employed? As I said it's just aspiration for the pure craic of it. What do you think happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

People love tacking on these dream endings to tv shows. I blame The Sopranos and the fact that
    Tony actually died at the end of the penultimate episode.

He didn't really

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

Saul could get him out of there. Why couldn't somebody else with the same skills be employed? As I said it's just aspiration for the pure craic of it. What do you think happens?

He'd most likely cut a deal with the DEA. Marie can vouch he was trying to help Hank.

Advertisement