Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 5, Episode 16: Felina

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Don’t know whether this will prove to be of relevance or not, but going on past song choices for the show, this has BrBa all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I doubt Walt went back to the cabin for the cash. There's a bunch of cops looking for him, with more likely on the way. It will be known he didn't drive to the bar - how long before a local suggests that ol' shack up the mountain that sold recently as his hideout?
    banquo wrote: »
    A screencap tease from the official BrBa page shows Walt leaving the cabin via the gate again, so he likely went back for the cash

I think that's a still from Granite State.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Penn wrote: »
    No, Declan's crew blindfolded her when bringing her to their cooksite, not the Nazis. However, I think Walt met the Nazis in a motel/hotel room when organising the prison murders, so he might not know where their place is for that reason. Maybe he uses Lydia to find them (Lydia was shown driving out of their place on her own after Todd gave her the tea, so she must know where it is)

The first time they met it was in a hotel but the time he went to do the Jesse deal it was at the compound, there is actually a shot of his car arriving there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I think that's a still from Granite State.

That's what all the heads on the page said, but the official folks saying it's from the finale!

Definite final episode spoiler if accurate. Not massive, but gives a strong indicator of some of the content. You have been warned!

SPOILER ALERT!

http://theater.nytimes.com/2013/05/19/theater/jessica-hecht-on-the-assembled-parties.html?_r=0
    The actress playing Gretchen did scenes in ABQ for the final season. The TV interview in Granite State was filmed in New York (very final scene to be filmed apparently). Therefore, we haven't seen her ABQ scene yet! Flashback I reckon.

• Advertisement

^^OOOOOOOoooo.

That's what all the heads on the page said, but the official folks saying it's from the finale!

Think they might be messing! The clothes in the still are different from those in the bar, and in the FFs. He hardly changed and then changed again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I don't see Walt physically harming the Schwartz's but rather finding a way to ruin them financially by bringing down Grey Matter

Still reckon he uses the G&E to get the cash to his family in a legit way and in a way that they accept it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I get the shivers watching that promo in the OP when Walt says "We're a family" , unbelievable scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Think they might be messing! The clothes in the still are different from those in the bar, and in the FFs. He hardly changed and then changed again!

Picture is definitely from Granite state.

clothes are what Walt was wearing when he got dropped off by Mr Vacuum and he went straight down to the gate and instead of marching straight out... said "tomorrow"

look at the still... no hair under that hat is another giveaway, and i don't think he was wearing the Heisenberg hat when he went down to the pub

Definite final episode spoiler if accurate. Not massive, but gives a strong indicator of some of the content. You have been warned!

SPOILER ALERT!

http://theater.nytimes.com/2013/05/19/theater/jessica-hecht-on-the-assembled-parties.html?_r=0
    The actress playing Gretchen did scenes in ABQ for the final season. The TV interview in Granite State was filmed in New York (very final scene to be filmed apparently). Therefore, we haven't seen her ABQ scene yet! Flashback I reckon.
    x43r0 wrote: »
    I don't see Walt physically harming the Schwartz's but rather finding a way to ruin them financially by bringing down Grey Matter
    Still reckon he uses the G&E to get the cash to his family in a legit way and in a way that they accept it.

I still reckon that it's no flashback.. they are getting the Ricin!

stevieob wrote: »
    [speculation]

I'd spoiler tag that if I were you! :)

I'd spoiler tag that if I were you! :)

i'm making an assumption... why do you think i should spoiler tag and others are free to make their own assumptions?

i'm making an assumption... why do you think i should spoiler tag and others are free to make their own assumptions?

Because your post makes the content of my spoiler obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

they are getting the Ricin!

2 questions though:

Why he would want to kill Gretchen and Elliott with ricin? (Why not just blow them away with the machine gun?)

And how is he going to administer it? (Surely they won't invite him to a dinner party.) Maybe Jesse's paranoia is a hint ("have me sit on a poison needle").

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

Gretchen and Elliot will have no part to play in the finale. Their appearance was just to reinforce both in Walt and in the audience that:

"Whatever [Walt] became, the sweet, kind, brilliant man that we once knew long ago, is gone".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

NicoleL88 wrote: »
    Gretchen and Elliot will have no part to play in the finale. Their appearance was just to reinforce both in Walt and in the audience that:

"Whatever [Walt] became, the sweet, kind, brilliant man that we once knew long ago, is gone".

Seems kinda excessive to bring to characters, so close to the heart of Heisenberg, back to state the obvious?

Surely a police news conference could of done the same job, I dunno it would be odd for me after that interview for them not to be involved somehow in the finale.

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Seems kinda excessive to bring to characters, so close to the heart of Heisenberg, back to state the obvious?

Surely a police news conference could of done the same job, I dunno it would be odd for me after that interview for them not to be involved somehow in the finale.

I get where you're coming from, but a police news conference wouldn't have hit as close to home to Walt as Gretchen delivering that same statement did. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sanguine Fan

Sorry if this has been mentioned already but whatever loose ends are tied up in the last episode, there is one that must be resolved.

Walt has to send the co-ordinates showing where Hank is buried to Marie. The Nazis certainly won't and Jesse - as of now - is unable to.

• Advertisement

NicoleL88 wrote: »

A bit more than that surely? But for that appearance, Walt would have been arrested.

No, Walt won't allow his legacy to be written off so easily.

A bit more than that surely? But for that appearance, Walt would have been arrested.

Good point! I guess we'll all know for certain in... 107 hours! :eek::D

there is one that must be resolved.

Walt has to send the co-ordinates showing where Hank is buried to Marie.

Why does he have to do that? He told her already, "You're never gonna see Hank again".

Anyway, Marie better be dead by the end the series! :D

Torqay wrote: »
    Why does he have to do that? He told her already, "You're never gonna see Hank again".

Walt said that to Skyler during the phone call in Ozymandias.

I am hoping he has enough humanity left to do the decent thing by his sister-in-law. It would cost him nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Don't worry, that's where the ricin cigarette comes into it - Walt offers one to Marie because she's so stressed about not knowing if Hank is dead or alive, and then she sh*ts herself to death. Ahaww, Heisenberg you've done it again!
    Ricin cigarette lol :D

Walt said that to Skyler during the phone call in Ozymandias.

Knowing full well that the police and Marie were listening.
    Dave! wrote: »
    Don't worry, that's where the ricin cigarette comes into it - Walt offers one to Marie because she's so stressed about not knowing if Hank is dead or alive, and then she sh*ts herself to death. Ahaww, Heisenberg you've done it again!
    Ricin cigarette lol :D
    spoiler lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I still reckon that it's no flashback.. they are getting the Ricin!

If Grey Matter get the ricin could Walter find a way to profit from Grey Matters downfall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

With Jesse and Lydia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

trashcan wrote: »
    I'm not entirely clear as to why Saul felt the need to go on the run. Was he really implicated in any criminal activity ? Had he anything to fear from the Nazis or Lydia ? Didn't really make sense to me.

He knew something was up with Huel. Sure he was wearing that Kevlar vest once Huel's phone stopped working.
    Likely he figured Huel had made him and wanted to get out of there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

While it would be an interesting plot line, I can't see Walt using Grey Matter to get the money to his family. Why would they go along with it? There would be nothing to gain for them and everything to lose.

Advertisement