Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 5, Episode 16: Felina

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

stevieob wrote: »

Why thank you, kind sir for the link :)
    So Mash is the most watched, & a lot more than i thought watched Cheers, but suprised to see The Sopranos at No.67 only 2 shows (DespHwives & Falcon Crest) with the High Shoulder pads done better :confused: & just beating Ally McBeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Why thank you, kind sir for the link :)
    So Mash is the most watched, & a lot more than i thought watched Cheers, but suprised to see The Sopranos at No.67 only 2 shows (DespHwives & Falcon Crest) with the High Shoulder pads done better :confused: & just beating Ally McBeal?

I may be mistaken but Sopranos is on HBO, which is cable eg you have to pay for it..

All the top ranking shows would be on free to air channels I think, which explains the massive difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I just hope the ending does the show justice. The show itself deserves a superb ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

I just hope the ending does the show justice. The show itself deserves a superb ending.

I think you'll be disappointed since Jesse will most likely survive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Nu Nu wrote: »
    How much cash has Walt with him? What happened to the barrel ?

Just the 100k in the parcel he wanted to send to his family. I doubt if he went back to the cabin for the barrel after calling the cops. State troopers are all over the place.

Money has become meaningless. He's a dead man walking. His son wants him dead. Skyler has gone legit as taxi dispatch operator. And the family certainly doesn't want his blood money.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Was listening to a recap podcast a few days ago and the point was made that AMC could make a gigantic amount of money if they ran the show on pay per view from say tonight onwards. Hell I know I'd watch it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    I think you'll be disappointed since Jesse will most likely survive

It's looking that way but not to worry.

On a serious note though. I really hope it lives up.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭redtapestyl

Was listening to a recap podcast a few days ago and the point was made that AMC could make a gigantic amount of money if they ran the show on pay per view from say tonight onwards. Hell I know I'd watch it!

well of course you'd watch it, we all would, but would you pay for it that's the question!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I love how they have Walt take on people he's killed's characteristics, it makes trying to guess ahead so much more interesting.

One just popped into my head: Gus was murderable because of his pride, routinely boasting to Hector about people he'd had killed, just to be vindictive. Parallel to Walt telling Jesse he watched Jane die for no reason other than to be an ass.

Also how Gus got revenge on the cartel that killed a close friend by poisoning them. *couch* ricin *cough*

Damn it's good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

Does anyone really want to know why Walt left Grey Matter? This is the one loose end I want to get tied up.

• Advertisement

banquo wrote: »
    Also how Gus got revenge on the cartel that killed a close friend by poisoning them. *couch* ricin *cough*

Nah, the ricin is for Walt himself. It has been used experimentally to cure cancer cells. Ricin = no more *couch* *cough*. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Turpentine

coconut5 wrote: »
    Does anyone really want to know why Walt left Grey Matter? This is the one loose end I want to get tied up.

I thought it was because Gretchen left him for Elliot, so Walt quit because he didn't want anything more to do with them? It's been pretty heavily implied since the start, although it hasn't been spelled out in sky-writing.

Maybe they've got some other major twist revelation lined up about why he left Grey Matter, but I wouldn't really consider it a loose end at the moment. Walt letting his pride get in the way of business cop-on is pretty much par for the course.

I somehow don't think the finale will bring too many surprises, but will still manage to be an exceptionally good episode. It has never been a "twist" type of series like Lost or 24, so I don't think there's going to be some massive revelation about Gray Matter apart from maybe something about Walt/Gretchen relationship.

The finale in my estimation will probably just tie up the loose ends with a combination of justice or injustice for walt/nazis/jesse through a series of murders and losing/gaining the millions of dollars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

I somehow don't think the finale will bring too many surprises, but will still manage to be an exceptionally good episode. It has never been a "twist" type of series like Lost or 24, so I don't think there's going to be some massive revelation about Gray Matter apart from maybe something about Walt/Gretchen relationship.

The finale in my estimation will probably just tie up the loose ends with a combination of justice or injustice for walt/nazis/jesse through a series of murders and losing/gaining the millions of dollars.

I don't know, I feel like when Walt told Jesse about leaving the company and getting only 5,000 dollars, he still didn't reveal why he made that decision, just said it was for personal reasons. I feel like if there wasn't more to it, the show would have just revealed it there. But that's just me.

And you're right, it's not a twisty show in terms of confusing the viewer. We've found out everything so far. This just seems like a missing piece for me.

I see what you mean, here's the "empire business" clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DslPaayoB30

"Something happened between the 3 of us, and I'm not gonna go into detail but for personal reasons I decided to leave the company."

Then it's revealed in Season 2:
    Gretchen later discovers that Walter lied to his family about her and Elliott paying for his treatment, horrified when Walter angrily and bitterly blames her and Elliott for ruining his life. Although she claims that Walter sees it wrong, it is still unknown what transpired, only that on Fourth of July weekend with Gretchen, her father, and her brothers, Walt was in his room packing his bags and barely talking. Walt left Gretchen and his research behind suddenly and without explanation. Although Gretchen still keeps Walter's secret, she later tells Skyler that she and Elliott will stop paying for the "treatment"

Something more than just an affair ?

AMC have released 2 stills from the final episode. ;)
    One is showing Walter at what seems to be the Schraders' home (going after Marie?), the other one is showing Walter driving a car and wearing a winter hat (probably leaving the Granite State)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Just read in paper, they have confirmed a spin off called "Better call Sol":)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Prediction of deaths? Walt, Skylar, Nazi's, Lydia, Todd. (I only see Jesse dying if it involves him sacrificing himself to take out Todd/Nazi's). I don't see Walt exacting any sort of revenge on GM. I would have liked a flashback or two of him and Gretchen in Granite State (like the 'What about the soul?' scene)

Prediction of deaths?

Skyler. Flynn, (and probably Baby Holly as collateral damage), Marie, Jesse and maybe Lydia, who is to stupid to run a perfectly viable operation.

Survivors? Obviously Walt (he cures the cancer that makes him cough with ricin), Todd the smart and ruthless assistant Walt always wanted, and Uncle Jack because nobody can run proper security operations better than him (remember how Jack and Todd spared Walt's life out of the great respect they have for the man). And of course Saul. Hint: buy Focus Brands shares now!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Vaxxine

I sound like a complete loser, but I'm listening to Kodaline 'All I Want', and for some reason I just started thinking about BB, and started crying :( Why oh why is it ending now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭John Dodger

[-0-] wrote: »
    Walter takes out the Nazis, finds Jesse locked up and lets him go. Jesse, overcome with anger and grief kills Walt and takes the Ricin. It's only after he takes the Ricin that he remembers Brock is still alive, but he can't puke the Ricin back up and dies, crying, holding a photo of the boy. Meanwhile Walt has the co-ordinates to Hanks body in his pocket so the body will be found.

Why would cops need coordinates to find Hank's body? A rookie cop could easily find out where its buried.

This is just from memory but I think I remember someone being brought to where the Nazis are blindfolded, so that they wouldn't be able to find the place again. May have been Lydia rather than Walt, but if they do it with one person then they should do it with everyone.

The was Lydia, and it wasn't to the nazi compound she was going.

trashcan wrote: »
    I'm not entirely clear as to why Saul felt the need to go on the run. Was he really implicated in any criminal activity ? Had he anything to fear from the Nazis or Lydia ? Didn't really make sense to me.

Saul was Walt's partner in crime. It wouldn't take much of a detective to ascertain his guilt.

Jesse's confession tape would have implicated him in numerous crimes; aiding and abetting, money laundering etc. Also, he doesn't know how much Huell told them either. He could also be seen by Lydia and the Nazi's as a loose end that needed tying up.

I think they mentioned in the last episode that they're continuing with it, mainly because Todd wants to fulfill his obligation to Lydia and the European distributors, especially now with the improved quality of the product. Jack is just really indulging his nephew - he'd be happy enough retiring with Walt's millions.

The nazis took Jessie's confession tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

All I want is for this piece of shít to get his comeuppance

kill-bill-vol-1-2003-26-g.jpg

Similar fate to that of in Kill Bill would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,636 ✭✭✭✭briany

Saul was Walt's partner in crime. It wouldn't take much of a detective to ascertain his guilt.

Saul was Walt's partner in crime but that amounted to an adviser, someone who had contacts in the underworld etc. How many times, if ever, did Saul represent Walt in an official capacity? The purchase of the car wash, maybe? Unless Huell spilled the beans about everything to the DEA, it would still take investigation to link Walt and Saul and get a big picture on the criminal conspiracy in which they were engaged. Saul wasn't dumb, he was usually pretty good at hiding his tracks.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already but whatever loose ends are tied up in the last episode, there is one that must be resolved.

Walt has to send the co-ordinates showing where Hank is buried to Marie. The Nazis certainly won't and Jesse - as of now - is unable to.

What makes you think Hank's body has not been found & funeral had. A rookie cop could find out where his body was buried. It's not like they're short of clues.

Dave! wrote: »
    Don't worry, that's where the ricin cigarette comes into it - Walt offers one to Marie because she's so stressed about not knowing if Hank is dead or alive, and then she sh*ts herself to death. Ahaww, Heisenberg you've done it again!
    Ricin cigarette lol :D

There is no ricin cigarette.

This could break viewing records in the US, as i think the final ep of MASH has it or maybe the Sopranos.
    As i remember George Wendt/Norm was asked on the LLS on the Cheers finale, he had said it was only a tenth of what Mash had.

So i assume Mash has it, as i dont know how many watched The Sopranos?

Highly unlikely that a cable TV show will even reach the viewing figures of a show on one of the big networks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I think after the credits they will skip to a scene of Saul working in a Cinnabon to lighting the mood after all the drama :)

Advertisement