Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 5, Episode 16: Felina

Options

Comments

I raised this issue on feedback without a reply and it happens all the time. Any talk of other shows should be spoiler tagged outside their forum imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Whats the song playing in that trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Walt Grace

Grimebox wrote: »
    Whats the song playing in that trailer?

Line Of Fire - Junip

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Madame K

On the finale: I’ll just set this down here and walk away.

I thought about the elements Fe, Li, Na themselves and what they represent. Starting with the two most unstable: sodium and lithium and applying them to the most volatile in all of Heisenberg’s nemesis.

Na for the Aryan Nation. Those guys just don’t give a damn.

Li I thought Lydia (or Lidya if you’re nasty) She had been described by Mike as a loose cannon.

Fe was a difficult one being it is everywhere and stable. However, the color of pure iron is dark gray (or black).
    I've my doubts that the Schwartz’s will be targeted. But what if they too are tied into this meth thing?

Yup, it's a stretch. :-) I don't really have any predictions for the felina other than the possibility of a massive headache from the ride I expect it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Neil McCauleys Cooler Brother

Jesse made a box in his woodworking class...

• Advertisement

Vince Gilligan's one word preview of next week's episode: "Woodworking. Or is that two words?" Okay, geniuses. Let's get...genius-ing.

A reference to coffins perhaps?

Haha yeah right, as if Vince Gill. is going to make it that simple! I remember the preview of an episode a few weeks back went something like 'Lydia finds out first hand the intricacies of salmon farming' (not exact words) and I took it as Lydia getting killed in that episode, sleeping with the fishes, that she'd end up buried in a fish farm. How wrong I was, and the preview ended up spelling out quite literally what was an amusing scene from that episode.

So, woodworking? I haven't a clue...:o

Jesse told his support group - way back when - that he had to make a box for woodwork class. He rushed it, and the teacher told him to apply himself. He made a beautiful box, varnished it etc. Will Jesse apply himself to another escape attempt? Involving his knowledge of chemistry? But wait. Jesse told the group he gave the box to his mother..."No. I didn't give it to my mom," he says. "I traded it for a bag of weed." During his next cook, which we will see, Jesse will pocket something and bring it back to his hole in the ground. When Todd is next hovering over him, offering him more ice-cream or what have you, and just about to light a cigarette...whoosh! Jesse sets him on fire. The Nazis come runnin'. But Walt's comin' too.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Miscme92101

I think Jesse could kill Lydia and Todd.

Lydia will arrive at the lab to see how her 'product' is getting on. Todd still hasn't pulled her but nevertheless his infatuation for her is as strong as ever, and instead of monitoring Jesse, he only has eyes on her. Jesse realises this and immediately uses his initiative to start making some dodgy chemical mixture, with the aim of knocking out Lydia and Todd. He succeeds and Lydia faints. Todd panics and tries to save Lydia, this is where Jesse tries to escape from that 'crane' he is attached to. He escapes.

But.... as he tries to jump the gates again, the nazi's appear just like they did last episode. Except there is also someone on the other side of the gate. Yup you know it, Walt.

Let the epic showdown commence.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I still don't know if I buy the nazi Walt thing. He's a sick old man with little combat experience. The Nazis are a hardened criminal gang who murder for fun and are walled up inside a secure compound and armed to the teeth. If Walt strolls up all guns blazing he'll die in 30 seconds. The show so far has been well grounded in reality (ish). It would not make sense to suddenly have super agent Heisenberg do a James Bond and murder a compound full of goons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I still don't know if I buy the nazi Walt thing. He's a sick old man with little combat experience. The Nazis are a hardened criminal gang who murder for fun and are walled up inside a secure compound and armed to the teeth. If Walt strolls up all guns blazing he'll die in 30 seconds. The show so far has been well grounded in reality (ish). It would not make sense to suddenly have super agent Heisenberg do a James Bond and murder a compound full of goons.

Theres been no suggestion thats whats going to happen yet. They still "respect" Walt and would likely welcome him back to the meth business. I reckon the shootout will occur at Walt's house for some reason though. I also think there'll be another confession by Walt to the camera, this time taking responsibility for everything and taking all the blame from Jesse and Skyler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

If Walt strolls up all guns blazing he'll die in 30 seconds.
    It took four or five of them hundreds of bullets to just kill Gomez.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Really hope Lydia gets whacked, dont understand all the hate for Skylar and Marie though

• Site Banned Posts: 20 Nice Botty

Vince Gilligan's one word preview of next week's episode: "Woodworking. Or is that two words?" Okay, geniuses. Let's get...genius-ing.

Reference to Meth Damon getting into Lydia's woodchipper !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

Anyone who goes as far as LC or 1st year college Chemistry knows that Lithium is used as a catalyst in quite a number of reactions, pharmaceutical or otherwise - it's a huge function of the element in Chemistry. Linking it to meth alone is still quite a tenuous link, in my opinion, but my Chemistry wouldn't be of a high enough level to make such a claim definite.

The same goes for sodium, to be honest. Sodium ions are the most prevalent ion in all of the extracellular fluids of the body. It's extremely important in the electrical activity of neurons, for example. NaCl in tears is really just one tiny, tiny thing that sodium does, let alone in its functions in physiology/the human body.

Iron meaning blood... same as above. What makes people assume that it's to do with bodily functions or red blood cells? Guns have iron in them I'm sure?
    This information is all well and good but it's an episode title, not an exam. The connections we made (as well as many others) are more than relevant to the theme of the show, especially the finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Is it monday yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

No doubt about, in the early hours of next Monday a lot of us are gonna be:

9aocv7.jpg

My new and revised prediction -

The prologue: It will be 15 years back in time, when Walt and The Schwartz were starting up Gray Matter. There will be a disagreement over something and Walt will shake Eliot and Gretchens hands, with the conclusion that Walt feels it is best that he leaves the company and does his own thing. Walt walks out of the building/office, and the last scene of the prologue is The Schwartz putting some 'crucial' folders into a confidential drawer. One of the folders has Walts name on it, and perhaps there is some title such as 'Iconic methods'. This is the research which they stole from Walt.

The Core: Walt makes his way back to New Mexico in a frantic struggle. Lydia arrives at Todd's lab to see her 'product' in action. Jesse is cooking away. Todd still hasn't pulled Lydia yet and is therefore still as infatuated with her as ever. Too busy focusing on Lydia, he forgets to monitor Jesse. Let's not forget that despite Todd's chilling and sociopathic ways, he is quite aloof, evident in how he believed Jesse when he told him he wanted the cover off 'to look at the stars'. Jesse realises this and uses his initiative. He starts mixing chemicals together to make some poisonous gas - just like Walt did to knock out Krazy8 and his partner back in season one. Todd realises the carnage, but Lydia collapses to the ground before he can do anything. He tries to save her and while doing so Jesse somehow escapes from the crane he is attached to. Todd eventually passes out as well. Boom, they're both dead. That's Lydia and Todd out of the equation.

Jesse runs in a panic, attempting to jump the gate again. But nope, the nazi's appear again. However, there is someone on the other side of the gate. Yup, you guessed it..... Walt. He got his machine gun, he visited his house and got the ricin, and now he is coming for the nazis. He knows where they live due to being at their place when he made the promise to teach Todd how to cook meth in return for them killing Jesse. So the gunfire commences. It will be a struggle, but needless to say the Nazi's all get killed off by Walt. So here it is, the final showdown between Jesse and Walt. I predict a dialogue which will last over five minutes, where Jesse (who is unarmed) is caught between two minds of negotiating with Walt for his life and yelling 'Just kill me already'. As much as I hate to say it, I think Walt will pull the trigger. That's Jesse gone.

The ending: I can't think of how this exactly how this will be done, but Walt will find Eliot and Gretchen's whereabouts and somehow give them the ricin. I would say something as simply sneaking into the house while they make dinner and putting it in some pot, then appearing in front of them as they eat through the dinner and consume it. He will taunt them like mad and watch them die right in front of him. Walt will leave, and try to find his family one last time. In doing so he will get caught by the DEA/Police. Skyler will appear one last time, to inform Walt that holly is now in foster care, and that Walt Jr is in custody for something major - perhaps being caught robbing a store while high on meth or heroin. The last scene will be a poster somewhere saying 'chemistry, the study of change'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Is it monday yet?

six more sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Walts knows where Jack etc are, he went there when doing the deal to get Jesse killed. I've seen it mentioned a few times that he doesn't know where they are

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Walts knows where Jack etc are, he went there when doing the deal to get Jesse killed. I've seen it mentioned a few times that he doesn't know where they are

Yup you're right, forgot about that. My theory makes even more sense now :cool:

• Advertisement

The prologue: It will be 15 years back in time, when Walt and The Schwartz were starting up Gray Matter. There will be a disagreement over something and Walt will shake Eliot and Gretchens hands, with the conclusion that Walt feels it is best that he leaves the company and does his own thing. Walt walks out of the building/office, and the last scene of the prologue is The Schwartz putting some 'crucial' folders into a confidential drawer. One of the folders has Walts name on it, and perhaps there is some title such as 'Iconic methods'. This is the research which they stole from Walt.

No. Gretchen said earlier (Season 1 or 2) that Walt stormed out of her house years ago and that was the end of his partnership with Gray Matter. It makes a difference.

No. Gretchen said earlier (Season 1 or 2) that Walt stormed out of her house years ago and that was the end of his partnership with Gray Matter. It makes a difference.

Ah ok, never knew that. Prologue might not be accurate so, but I don't think the rest of my prediction is that far fetched, could well be how it pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

Really excited for this episode but also sad that it is coming to an end. I've watched 3 seasons in the space of a month and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

From facebook...

Next week on Breaking Bad

1272970_10151905645137722_1485394919_o.jpg

From facebook...

Next week on Breaking Bad

1272970_10151905645137722_1485394919_o.jpg

LOL, EVERYBODY SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Yeah... don't worry about no spoiler tags there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

As Walter said to Flynn on the phone "It cant all have been for nothing", I think in someway shape or form Walter will make sure his family are taken care of. Jesse will somehow kill Lydia
    like Todd took away Andrea
    , the ricin cigarette is for Walter after he handing himself in and clearing Skylar. Would love to see a showdown between Flynn and Jesse. Plus he has his gripe with the Grey Matter duo.Thats too much to expect for 50 minutes though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I remember the series the shield, that had always lead up to two endings Vick gets caught or he was going to shot dead.That series had a unexpected ending i think breaking bad will do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Maybe Gilligan is playing with us with his choice of film for the two DVDs that Walt found in the cabin (Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium). There are references in this wiki article about the film to a block of wood being carved, and also to King Lear. If you Google Breaking Bad and King Lear and you will see quite a few people drawing paralells between King Lear who gave up his kingdom and then lost everything in retirement, and Walter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭briany

My prediction for next week is that Walt will stop into a Walmart to buy a case of Red Bull. While there he'll pass the TV display and all the TVs will be playing a trailer for the hastily made, mid budget, made for TV movie about Walter and his rise to infamy starring Kelsey Grammer as Walter White, Christopher Masterson as Jesse Pinkman, Michael J. Fox as Flynn White, Terry O'Quinn as Hank Schrader and Courtney Love as Skylar White.

Advertisement