Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking Bad Episode 15: Granite State

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I still cant see how Jesse will escape. No doubt he will but I cant think of a scenario where he will. He has made an attempt to escape. The Nazi gang deserve to die if they let him go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,389 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Holsten wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me how come all of America knows that Walter is Heisenberg the meth kingpin?!

What is the evidence? Was this clearly explained?! Like if he turns himself in.. what evidence is there to link him to anything at all?!

Very confused.

Marie or Skyler would have told. Walt's phonecall last week before leaving showed him to be involved in Hank and Gomez's deaths (and they're DEA agents). Walt all but admitted he's Heisenberg and left Skyler and Marie to fill in the blanks while protecting Skyler's involvement (so Skyler could claim plausible deniability about most of Walt's actions and claim she couldn't go to the police because she threatened her). He set himself up to take the fall and have everyone know he's Heisenberg and he alone was responsible, then left with Saul's guy to avoid being caught.

Last week's episode was called Ozymandias. It comes from a poem notable for the lines:

“My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
    Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!”

It's a reference to it becoming public knowledge that Walt was Heisenberg.

Finale episode name Felina;
    Fe-Li-Na = Iron-Lithium-Sodium = Blood-Meth-Tears

where did the "blood meth tears" come from

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

There is no lithium in meth.
    Sodium is in a f*ckton of things, let alone sodium chloride, which is also in a f*ckton of things, let alone tears - more than a bit of a stretch.
    As for Iron being in haemoglobin, that's true, but associating "blood" just from iron is also a bit of a stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

It'll be interesing to see how Walt gets back to New Mexico

Going by the flashbacks in 5.1 & 5.9 He just drives there in that beat up old Volvo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Thats similar to the bullshít pseudo-science you see on CSI

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Penn wrote: »
    Marie or Skyler would have told. Walt's phonecall last week before leaving showed him to be involved in Hank and Gomez's deaths (and they're DEA agents). Walt all but admitted he's Heisenberg and left Skyler and Marie to fill in the blanks while protecting Skyler's involvement (so Skyler could claim plausible deniability about most of Walt's actions and claim she couldn't go to the police because she threatened her). He set himself up to take the fall and have everyone know he's Heisenberg and he alone was responsible, then left with Saul's guy to avoid being caught.

Last week's episode was called Ozymandias. It comes from a poem notable for the lines:

“My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
    Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!”

It's a reference to it becoming public knowledge that Walt was Heisenberg.

I understand this.. but looking at it from a legal stand point.. there is pretty much zero evidence against him, if they were to have him in court for whatever crime, he would be acquitted.

How does this explain his face all over the news and in the news papers etc... Makes no sense to me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

Sodium is in a f*ckton of things, let alone sodium chloride, which is also in a f*ckton of things, let alone tears - more than a bit of a stretch.
    As for Iron being in haemoglobin, that's true, but associating "blood" just from iron is also a bit of a stretch.

Yeah i saw it on another site and thought it was pretty cool, then noticed the comments after i posted it here debunking it. My knowledge of chemistry only goes as far as junior cert im afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

No, but...
    The Birch reduction, also called the "Nazi method", became popular in the mid-to-late 1990s and comprised the bulk of methamphetamine production in Michigan in 2002. It reacts pseudoephedrine with liquid anhydrous ammonia and an alkali metal such as sodium or lithium.

Going by the flashbacks in 5.1 & 5.9 He just drives there in that beat up old Volvo.

Almost the entire length of the US in a crappy Volvo while having half of america chasing him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Didn't someone say on another thread that Felina was also the name of a song about some guy who did something :D. I can't remember the details but it sounded relevant at the time.

That cant be the end of saul can it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Shout Dust

Holsten wrote: »
    I understand this.. but looking at it from a legal stand point.. there is pretty much zero evidence against him, if they were to have him in court for whatever crime, he would be acquitted.

How does this explain his face all over the news and in the news papers etc... Makes no sense to me at all.

He basically admitted it on the phone. And they would presumably have followed up on Hanks work. Two DEA agents dead would be massive news and bring a huge amount of heat on the perpetrator, which Walt as much as admitted he was

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Essien wrote: »
    Didn't someone say on another thread that Felina was also the name of a song about some guy who did something :D. I can't remember the details but it sounded relevant at the time.

You're right, it was mentioned here somewhere...Feleena is a character in the Marty Robbins song "El Paso" and he also wrote a follow up song about her http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Paso_(song)

His last words were, "it's over". He's gone dude.

Find it odd that no-one thought jessie would take out the nazis. He has literally nothing left. I reckon there's going to be a big boom that takes out Jessie, jack and todd.

Jessie does "the honourable thing" at the highest price whilst Walt shows everyone what he is. A coward by running away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Why is the "crybaby rat bitch" still alive?
    why the hate ?
    If it wasnt for Jessie,or should i say Aaron paul the show would been of different,specially the first couple seasons,his style language,hell ya bitc* quotes :D his stupidity and i dont give a F*** when it came to chemistry and applying himself wouldn't be the same.Only thing i can agree he became pretty much train wreck when couple seasons passed.
    other then that he was the one to put smile on most seasons when it came to his actions,where he pours last water to put out gennie fire,or sitting at walts house with his wife,when she goes to tell about her affair his look was awesome-eat your weggies :D

scamalert wrote: »
    why the hate ?
    If it wasnt for Jessie,or should i say Aaron paul the show would been of different,specially the first couple seasons,his style language,hell ya bitc* quotes :D his stupidity and i dont give a F*** when it came to chemistry and applying himself wouldn't be the same.Only thing i can agree he became pretty much train wreck when couple seasons passed.
    other then that he was the one to put smile on most seasons when it came to his actions,where he pours last water to put out gennie fire,or sitting at walts house with his wife,when she goes to tell about her affair his look was awesome-eat your weggies :D

I have nothing against Aaron Paul.

Jesse just annoys the crap out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

I hope Saul escapes arrest. The killing of Andrea was brutal and Todd politely telling her it's not personal, creepy! I thought Jessie was going to use his science skills to escape. Glad that R.J. Mitte has got better acting opportunities the last two episodes. Observations: When they were playing cards in the cabin the guy says 'a king' and then 'two kings' probably a metaphor for jessie still being alive. The t.v. had an ice hockey game on and the commentators were talking about 'a turn over' and an offensive chance, then a lady was saying 'I wasn't sure you'd come' 'I'm not staying' (wonder what film that's from? Casablanca?). Walter is back to taking his whiskey neat, he was having it on the rocks like Mike after he killed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That school principle is unbelievable :eek: Hottest woman in the show no question :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Loved it. Walt being so alone and offering the dude money to stay just for someone to talk to was excruciating, it's amazing drama that makes you feel momentary sympathy for someone who deserves none.

Andrea's death - I pretty much woke up the whole house.

The final 10 min were just superbly done, really well put together imo. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    That school principle is unbelievable :eek: Hottest woman in the show no question :cool:

Lydia was looking well this episode as well.

banquo wrote: »
    Loved it. Walt being so alone and offering the dude money to stay just for someone to talk to was excruciating, it's amazing drama that makes you feel momentary sympathy for someone who deserves none.

Andrea's death - I pretty much woke up the whole house.

The final 10 min were just superbly done, really well put together imo. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

That castrated jesse in the metaphorical sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Lydia is one of the girls from Kevin & Perry go Large! :eek:

lfkp03.jpg

This is how she came to be in Europe & meeting her Czech friends. Obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,389 ✭✭✭✭Penn

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Walter is back to taking his whiskey neat, he was having it on the rocks like Mike after he killed him.

Hank took his whiskey neat ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

If you're in Omaha and want a cinnamon roll, you better call Saul.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

It's strange to think that Todd has been such a dominating figure in the final series, a fantastic character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

I agree with the poster a few pages back.

The interview at the end obviously hit him hard that they were disassociating themselves from him especially as he feels it was mostly his work that made that company. But you can see his reaction after it was said that the blue meth was still out there and making it to Europe. His mouth slightly dropped at hearing this, the penny dropped, he is seeing yet another huge piece of his life's work being stolen from him just like Grey Matter was.

He's now pissed and he will kill Jessie and the Nazi's.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,836 ✭✭✭✭Basq

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    It's strange to think that Todd has been such a dominating figure in the final series, a fantastic character.
    Indeed... he's been great!

The slight smile when Jesse was recalling Drew Sharp's fate!

He's creepy when he wants to be and meek when he wants to be.. but he's always slightly unhinged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

When he found the hat and put it on, i got some weird natural high off it
    And that last scene with the extended version of the opening theme...unreal

Advertisement