Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 7 GM/Public Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Press and hold on address bar and drag to start?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Herrick wrote: »
    Quick question about Safari. If you tap on the address bar and want to scroll back along to the start of the address how do you do it? All I can seem to do is press the back button but it deletes everything as I go back along. Is there a way cause I've never managed to find it.

Just tap anywhere in the middle of the text. That should let you just scrub through the words and pick what you want to delete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Now seems it can take 24 hours for iMessage too activate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

DubDJ wrote: »
    Just tap anywhere in the middle of the text. That should let you just scrub through the words and pick what you want to delete.

I never realised that if you press and hold and move your finger it actually scrolls with it, you learn something every day.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Now seems it can take 24 hours for iMessage too activate

Have you tried a hard rest (Holding the power and home buttons until the devices powers off and releasing it when the Apple logo appears)?

This has fixed iMessage and Facetime activation problems for me in the past.

• Advertisement

DubDJ wrote: »
    Have you tried a hard rest (Holding the power and home buttons until the devices powers off and releasing it when the Apple logo appears)?

This has fixed iMessage and Facetime activation problems for me in the past.

I have but it still says waiting for activation.. I think a hard reset is the answer too everything wrong with an iPhone ha ha

I have but it still says waiting for activation.. I think a hard reset is the answer too everything wrong with an iPhone ha ha

Usually is alright, same with a computer too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Has anyone noticed that when using Safari you can no longer scroll through the images in Google like before?

If I click on an image it opens only that picture and you get a view full size or go to website option. To view another image you have to go back to the image search.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

Ninap wrote: »
    Just watched my first ad on itunes radio (on tv, with audio through my stereo) via apple tv (US itunes account)... can see myself listening to a lot of music via this

Me too. Very fluid and great mix of music on the apple tv. I am considering getting a us itunes match account and reuploading all my music again (painfully). My apple tv is set to US account anyway for hulu and netflix. would be nice to have adless itunes radio and all my music in the cloud.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

This post has been deleted.

Bet it isn't. I too bought 5 Lightning cables as recommended on this very forum. While in Italy recently and in my absence from the room, the cable overheated at both ends causing overheating and thus melting. The hard plastic detached itself from the charger end, slid back down the cable and melted itself into it. When I came back to find this dangerous state of affairs, I'd say we were just 30 mins away from a fire.

Chucked all the rest of them in the bin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

kaerobe wrote: »
    Me too. Very fluid and great mix of music on the apple tv. I am considering getting a us itunes match account and reuploading all my music again (painfully). My apple tv is set to US account anyway for hulu and netflix. would be nice to have adless itunes radio and all my music in the cloud.

It is extremely enjoyable. I enjoy the Roots Reggae late at night and another distinct bonus is The Beatles Radio channel, which not only plays the Beatles and solo Beatles tracks but also the originals of those songs that they covered and covers of their songs by other artists. Just when you think you've heard it all before it's a surprisingly breezy listen.

If you're savvy enough to log into your US account for iTunes then why not create a Google Music account and upload your tunes there for free? I have three such accounts and therefore 60,000 tracks at my disposal in the cloud.

Another nice little detail I just found with iOS 7.

On the lockscreen, grab the quick-launch camera icon and slide your finger up as if you were launching it, but instead hold it and slam it back down. It shows a great bouncing effect, and if done quick enough it will bounce back up to the top and launch the camera app.

Something small and useless but it's these details that make me love iOS. :D

One thing thats really bugging me is that when you close safari you get instantly logged out of forums.im not talking about closing safari just tapping the home button once even too go send a text and when you go back in you must log in again.. It's bollix!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

One thing thats really bugging me is that when you close safari you get instantly logged out of forums.im not talking about closing safari just tapping the home button once even too go send a text and when you go back in you must log in again.. It's bollix!

Doesn't happen to me. Have you private mode switched on?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

It's a pity with the extra security measures brought in with iOS 7, Apple didn't implement the most simplest.

If you have a password, you need to enter it when turning off the phone too :(

My wife's iPhone was stolen over the weekend and of course it was turned off almost immediately. No chance of tracking it.

Doesn't happen to me. Have you private mode switched on?

I'm not sure.. Should it be on / off? Where do you find it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

mad muffin wrote: »
    It's a pity with the extra security measures brought in with iOS 7, Apple didn't implement the most simplest.

If you have a password, you need to enter it when turning off the phone too :(

My wife's iPhone was stolen over the weekend and of course it was turned off almost immediately. No chance of tracking it.

Just interested to know that if for argument sake it was left on, how would you go about tracking it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Find my phone will find it when it is activated. And with iOS 7 the password survives a reinstall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Find my phone will find it when it is activated. And with iOS 7 the password survives a reinstall.

And that's an app right? but if you don't have your phone (lost/stolen) how do you use the app...is it via itunes sync?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I have the 4s and other half has the 5.

I was surprised how the lock screen looks better on the smaller 4s as it uses the whole screen whilst the 5 has black borders.

Why isn't that optimised for the 5's larger screen?

• Advertisement

And that's an app right? but if you don't have your phone (lost/stolen) how do you use the app...is it via itunes sync?

You can track it from another iDevice or via iCloud.com on your computer.
    murpho999 wrote: »
    I have the 4s and other half has the 5.

I was surprised how the lock screen looks better on the smaller 4s as it uses the whole screen whilst the 5 has black borders.

Why isn't that optimised for the 5's larger screen?

Black borders?

Black borders?

Yes, as in black bars top and bottom of lock photo.

Yes, as in black bars top and bottom of lock photo.

Can you put up a screen shot? I don't gave this on my 5s and your the first person to mention something like that.

Are you sure you didn't just set your wallpaper properly?

Can you put up a screen shot? I don't gave this on my 5s and your the first person to mention something like that.

Are you sure you didn't just set your wallpaper properly?

It's my wife's phone and I'm at work so no screen shot.

But basically the wallpaper does not fill the whole screen. Black border top and bottom. Don't see how a screenshot will help.

I will check the settings tonight but do not see how you can set a wallpaper incorrectly.

It's my wife's phone and I'm at work so no screen shot.

But basically the wallpaper does not fill the whole screen. Black border top and bottom. Don't see how a screenshot will help.

I will check the settings tonight but do not see how you can set a wallpaper incorrectly.

Did your wife disable parallax?

With parallax enabled it will zoom in and fill the whole screen. If you are using a photo on an iPhone 4/4S it will fill the whole screen because.

The iPhone 5 use a 16:9 screen, therefore black border top and bottom of a photo. You just need to use pinch to zoom in to get rid of the borders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

If Safari is predominantly black then you have private browsing on. Hit the tabs button in the bottom right and you'll see Private is on the left.

Did your wife disable parallax?

With parallax enabled it will zoom in and fill the whole screen. If you are using a photo on an iPhone 4/4S it will fill the whole screen because.

The iPhone 5 use a 16:9 screen, therefore black border top and bottom of a photo. You just need to use pinch to zoom in to get rid of the borders.

Thank you for the tips, will check her settiings tonight. Just something I noticed without delving too much into.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Black navigation bar means it's turned on. Just create a new tab and press private to turn off.

Otherwise you may have cookies disabled in Safari settings.

It's not an app. It's part of the OS. You can find it in iCloud settings. Once it's enabled it can't be disabled and phone can't be restored without the owner's Apple ID password. The phone will be useless to a thief.

• Advertisement

It's not an app. It's part of the OS. You can find it in iCloud settings. Once it's enabled it can't be disabled and phone can't be restored without the owner's Apple ID password. The phone will be useless to a thief.

And also a useless feature as a way of finding a phone if they can just turn the phone off.:mad:

Advertisement