Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 7 GM/Public Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Out of curiousity, what sort of notifications do people leave on? I switch almost all of them off on my iPad and iPhone.

No games usually, apps like Messages, Twitter, FB, Adverts. Other things like reminders or things you want to be notified obviously have to be turned on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Anyone else find the control centre a bit difficult to pull up?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

cloud493 wrote: »
    Anyone else find the control centre a bit difficult to pull up?

Not really. Just try to start pulling it up from the bezel.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Is there any way to disable the feature where time related words or numbers in iMessages are underlined for linking to calendar or reminders?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Out of curiousity, what sort of notifications do people leave on? I switch almost all of them off on my iPad and iPhone.

Most of the notifications I receive are from Mail, Messages, Calendar and Twitter. I actually leave most app notifications on. They come through a single connection to Apple’s PNS, which you are connected to whether you like it or not, so having them enabled doesn’t reduce battery life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 aaronpryan

Been using iOS 7 for awhile now and I love it. No bugs to report here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I am on a Iphone 4 and my battery is much better.
    No problems at all for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭loinnsigh

Another nice (but tiny) little improvement - iMessage now marks messages as 'Read' as well as 'Delivered' (on iOS6 it just marked them as 'Delivered').

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

loinnsigh wrote: »
    Another nice (but tiny) little improvement - iMessage now marks messages as 'Read' as well as 'Delivered' (on iOS6 it just marked them as 'Delivered').

Im 99% sure they had it like that on iOS6.

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Im 99% sure they had it like that on iOS6.

It was on iOS 6 but the person who recieved the message had to have it enabled allowing you to see that they had read it. I leave it turned off for those messages I just don't want to reply to right away. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭loinnsigh

DubDJ wrote: »
    It was on iOS 6 but the person who recieved the message had to have it enabled allowing you to see that they had read it. I leave it turned off for those messages I just don't want to reply to right away. :D

Ah I see the setting now - maybe it defaulted to 'off' in 6 but 'on' in 7 or something like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I know some cables stopped working for people but I seen a way around it. Leave your phone unlocked when you are plugging the phone into charge.
    Dismiss all the warnings unplug it and plug it back in and dismiss all the warnings again and it starts charging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Having a problem on Iphone 5 where lots of calls are going straight to voicemail w/out ringing...anyone else experience this? Also how do you do a hard reset? I like the update otherwise...thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

hold both main buttons (top and home button) until it goes black

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I'm just wondering can you get rid of the updated apps from the "updates" section in the App Store i.e. "my Vodafone Ireland" app is still showing there with a box saying "open" on it and saying "updated 25 September 2013?

Can this be removed as I don't want all the apps that were updated staying there? I want them to disappear like they did before when they were updated.

Thanks

I'm just wondering can you get rid of the updated apps from the "updates" section in the App Store i.e. "my Vodafone Ireland" app is still showing there with a box saying "open" on it and saying "updated 25 September 2013?

Can this be removed as I don't want all the apps that were updated staying there? I want them to disappear like they did before when they were updated.

Thanks

I had this problem in the betas. Any apps I updated through the device were said in the update tab.

The only problem I'm having with the offical release is App Store updates. They appear and then disappear. Kinda annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Anyone notice any app that has been updated has a little blue circle beside it's icon on the screen? The only way I have found to get rid of it is to go into the app and go out of it again.

A little annoying I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Herrick wrote: »
    Anyone notice any app that has been updated has a little blue circle beside it's icon on the screen? The only way I have found to get rid of it is to go into the app and go out of it again.

I love this feature. Brilliant to see which apps have recently been updated.

Thanks
    I also LOVE this feature. It allows me to go back and read what the version changes were for every app update. This is a big improvement in the updating process.

miralize wrote: »
    hold both main buttons (top and home button) until it goes black

No. Hold both buttons until the screen goes black and keep holding until the Apple logo appears again !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Piliger wrote: »
    No. Hold both buttons until the screen goes black and keep holding until the Apple logo appears again !

Well technically the display turns off before that, and then it goes black with the Apple logo..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Herrick wrote: »

Yeah, it's annoying alright. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll just have to open and close them to get rid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Yeah, it's annoying alright. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll just have to open and close them to get rid of it.

I use it as an indicator to delete apps I never use, it's a great new feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

Yeah, you remove the whole account by deleting it and then re-add it to the device and that has stopped the huge amount of unread emails showing.

I haven't tried this myself as I didn't have the problem, but I've seen people online saying this fixed it.

I deleted one of the accounts (I have 3 different email accounts on my iPhone, 2 of the 3 accounts are indicating unread emails) that was giving me bother. However when I re-added it I had the same problem. Do I need to delete all 3 accounts and start again?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

patmac wrote: »
    You probably have your mail inbox settings set to all just reselect it to whatever account you are using for mail.

I have 3 email accounts, so need to see all 3 in one combined inbox.....

PGL wrote: »
    I deleted one of the accounts (I have 3 different email accounts on my iPhone, 2 of the 3 accounts are indicating unread emails) that was giving me bother. However when I re-added it I had the same problem. Do I need to delete all 3 accounts and start again?

Many thanks

Is the account you removed a Hotmail/Outlook account? If so another poster said he deleted it and re-added it as an Outlook account instead of 'Other' and that fixed the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I'm noticing on my 5s that parallax can be a bit laggy. wallpaper will jerk sometimes when I wake the phone or exit an app.

Didn't think the 5s would be exhibiting such behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Is the account you removed a Hotmail/Outlook account? If so another poster said he deleted it and re-added it as an Outlook account instead of 'Other' and that fixed the problem.

Yep that was me ;), I had the same problem but once I set up the email (hotmail and live.com) in the Outlook option, the problem went away. :)

Update available. Bringing all devices to 7.0.2. Mainly fixes lock screen bug. Quick fix is good to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Piliger wrote: »
    Was playing it for an hour early this morning - perfect from both the lock screen volume and the control panel volume. Have you done a hard reset ?

Updating Spotify seems to have works for me, thank god as I'd be lost without it !

I have noticed about 10-15% less battery power which is slightly annoying. I have an app called Battery Doctor which is excellent at telling you what applications are using the most power and allows you to turn on/off power saving tricks, I might try getting into it a bit more.

Advertisement