Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 7 GM/Public Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

srumball wrote: »
    No can do without SHSH blobs i'm afriad

If you do have the SHSH blobs saved how do you go back to IOS 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

CJC999 wrote: »
    Is it possible to revert to
    iOS 6 on an iPhone4? I'm sorry I updated to it as I used to love my 4 but its rubbish now, rubbish childish graphics, slower, worse battery life. I can't find one positive thing to say about it.

Seriously why would the graphics come as a surprise to you, they have been known for months.

As for battery, have you done a hard reset?

I have the 4s, love iOS 7 and would not go back. Control Centre and automatic updates are two best features for me among many.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

murpho999 wrote: »
    Seriously why would the graphics come as a surprise to you, they have been known for months.

Not everyone goes on apple.com to see the latest OS, but where did they say it came as a surprise to him/her?.
    murpho999 wrote: »
    I have the 4s, love iOS 7 and would not go back. Control Centre and automatic updates are two best features for me among many.

He was talking about the 4 not the 4s.
    Good for you, but he was having issues & generally didn't like it.

Some people get very personal and defensive on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

miralize wrote: »
    Not everyone goes on apple.com to see the latest OS, but where did they say it came as a surprise to him/her?.

He was talking about the 4 not the 4s.
    Good for you, but he was having issues & generally didn't like it.

Some people get very personal and defensive on this forum.

You don't have to go on Apple.com to see the latest upgrade.

My post is not as personal as yours so I don't see your point.

Don't really care if they like the upgrade or not but a lot of times people just don't like change and complain anyway. To say that iOS 7 as he or she said is simply not true in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

This post has been deleted.

Saw that being discussed on 4chan last week.... was just waiting for that to pop up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Red Nissan wrote: »
    It's only a few shillings worth of electronics out of Flexcomm in China ~ Apple charge 700 dollars for the USA made operating system. :)

It's a lot more than that to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

Is anyone else having an issue with the mail app? I keep having to manually mark all emails as read to get rid of the red bubble claiming that I have 2000+ new emails across a few different accounts. I go to edit, mark all as read, that seems to resolve it for a while, then the next time I check, it happens all over again, it'd a tad annoying to say the least. I tried deleting the email account and re-adding it, but it's the same story...

Hi folks. I updated my iPhone last night, and have been having the exact same problem as Wolverine. Could not find any responses to Wolverine's query. Can someone please help?

Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

Since updating my iPhone 4 I'm having a weird issue where text messages or imessages are being delivered to me but my phone does not alert me to this.

I'm have to open the message app regularly just to see if I've gotten any new messages!

Any suggestions as to why this is happening and how I can fix it would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

PGL wrote: »
    Hi folks. I updated my iPhone last night, and have been having the exact same problem as Wolverine. Could not find any responses to Wolverine's query. Can someone please help?

Many thanks!

This seems to be one of the bigger issues with the update. Supposedly removing the email account and adding it again can fix the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

pbarr wrote: »
    If you do have the SHSH blobs saved how do you go back to IOS 6?

Best bet to google it mate! http://www.iphonehacks.com/2013/09/cannot-downgrade-ios-7-ios-6-1-3-ios-6-1-4.html not sure what you are running etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

CJC999 wrote: »
    Is it possible to revert to
    iOS 6 on an iPhone4? I'm sorry I updated to it as I used to love my 4 but its rubbish now, rubbish childish graphics, slower, worse battery life. I can't find one positive thing to say about it.

Sorry to hear your not enjoying iOS 7 so far.

I can't help about the graphics. But in regards to battery life and phone speed, my 4s was the same as your 4 after updating. The battery was terrible and the phone was very slow.

I tried a reset by holding the power and home button until the Apple logo appeared and it turned back on. It was ok but still not great.

I then backed up my photos, contacts, etc and completely erased the phone and set it up as a new one. I've been delighted with it since then, battery is actually better than ever and the phone runs quick and smooth.

Give both a try and at least you should get your phone working properly again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Many thanks!
    You probably have your mail inbox settings set to all just reselect it to whatever account you are using for mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

Draco wrote: »
    It was only turned on with the actual release. The fact that your original cable isn't working suggests there could be a deeper issue. Have you borrowed an official Apple cable from someone to try? If that doesn't work I'd be ringing Apple.
    Yes but it was working fine upto friday night/saturday morning. i contacted apple sunday and should hopefully have the box from them tomorrow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Paleface wrote: »
    Since updating my iPhone 4 I'm having a weird issue where text messages or imessages are being delivered to me but my phone does not alert me to this.

I'm have to open the message app regularly just to see if I've gotten any new messages!

Any suggestions as to why this is happening and how I can fix it would be greatly appreciated!

Make sure you haven't accidentally enabled Do Not Disturb. It's the moon icon in Control Centre. Also check that alerts is enabled in Settings > Notification Centre > Messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

DubDJ wrote: »
    This seems to be one of the bigger issues with the update. Supposedly removing the email account and adding it again can fix the issue.

By "removing" do you mean deleting as opposed to turning off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

Make sure you haven't accidentally enabled Do Not Disturb. It's the moon icon in Control Centre. Also check that alerts is enabled in Settings > Notification Centre > Messages.

I never copped in Notification Centre -> Messages that the blue and white diagram at the top is actually how you change the alert type. I was looking for a a different type of menu or switch.

I must have set it to none by accident when looking at that screen. :rolleyes:

By "removing" do you mean deleting as opposed to turning off?

Yeah, you remove the whole account by deleting it and then re-add it to the device and that has stopped the huge amount of unread emails showing.

I haven't tried this myself as I didn't have the problem, but I've seen people online saying this fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

This hotmail problem occurred the last time there was an update too. Hotmail is the offender not Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Many thanks!
    Piliger wrote: »
    This hotmail problem occurred the last time there was an update too. Hotmail is the offender not Apple.

Sorry just after seeing these posts. Yeah it's weird but it didn't happen when I went from iOS 5 to 6. I deleted and readded the email account but it still came back with 2000+ unread emails again. But I found a solution the other day! :) I deleted the account, but this time I set it up as a outlook.com account as opposed to "other". Now my hotmail and live.com emails are behaving as normal again, no more unsightly red bubbles with 2172 in them. :pac:

Still finding subtle changes that make me love iOS 7 more and more. The old notification banner you'd get up top of the screen, used to be annoying having to wait for it to go away so you could reach the top of the screen. Now you can just swipe it up to hide it right away so you can access the top of the screen. Just something I really liked.

Every time I pick up the iPhone or iPad it's like a new device. Having no major issues with the update so I'm overall happy with the job Apple did this time around. Definitely stepped it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Still finding subtle changes that make me love iOS 7 more and more. The old notification banner you'd get up top of the screen, used to be annoying having to wait for it to go away so you could reach the top of the screen. Now you can just swipe it up to hide it right away so you can access the top of the screen. Just something I really liked.

Every time I pick up the iPhone or iPad it's like a new device.

Oh nice one, didn't know about that change, used to annoy me too with those banners taking about 5 seconds before they disappeared, that's great that you can clear them instantly now. And I completely agree, the more I use iOS7, the more I fall in love with it, all those little changes have really enhanced the user interface imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Any one on a 4s with ios7 find the phone much more sensitive to orientation changes?! It seems to move from potrait to landscape and visa versa earlier/easier than it used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭tubbs26

I'm using an iphone 4S

When using the lock screen to skip songs I'm finding it very unreliable. Its either skipping songs or playing one for 3-4 seconds and then skipping to the next song. I never had this issue with IOS6. Its seems way to sensitive. Its really annoying because I like to skip through songs quickly on the bus to and from work.

Any ideas how to fix it? I've done a hard reset but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Every time I pick up the iPhone or iPad it's like a new device. Having no major issues with the update so I'm overall happy with the job Apple did this time around. Definitely stepped it up.

you could swipe notifications away in iOS 6, it just wasn't obvious.

I really dislike the new style notifications for the following reasons:

1. they STILL block navigation, most apps have navigation in the top half of the screen.
    2. they're huge now, blocking even more of the navigation, whereas with iOS 6 you could - with a precisely placed finger - hit the navigation buttons but was tricky.

it's something that I still think is fundamentally broken in iOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

anyone had any problems with Spotify on iOS7 ? It keeps crashing on me if I adjust volume when the phone is locked. I've just updated the Spotify app now so heres hoping it stops or I am going to be one very unhappy camper

tubbs26 wrote: »
    I'm using an iphone 4S

When using the lock screen to skip songs I'm finding it very unreliable. Its either skipping songs or playing one for 3-4 seconds and then skipping to the next song. I never had this issue with IOS6. Its seems way to sensitive. Its really annoying because I like to skip through songs quickly on the bus to and from work.

Any ideas how to fix it? I've done a hard reset but no joy.

Have you restarted ? done a hard reset ?

you could swipe notifications away in iOS 6, it just wasn't obvious.

I really dislike the new style notifications for the following reasons:

1. they STILL block navigation, most apps have navigation in the top half of the screen.
    2. they're huge now, blocking even more of the navigation, whereas with iOS 6 you could - with a precisely placed finger - hit the navigation buttons but was tricky.

it's something that I still think is fundamentally broken in iOS.

Never realised you could in iOS 6. I understand what you mean about the bigger notifications but the fact I can swipe it away makes it more of a small annoyance. It doesn't happen too often either so doesn't bug me. I think it only makes sense for them to pop down from them top of the screen seeing as you pull down for notification centre.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    anyone had any problems with Spotify on iOS7 ? It keeps crashing on me if I adjust volume when the phone is locked. I've just updated the Spotify app now so heres hoping it stops or I am going to be one very unhappy camper
    Was playing it for an hour early this morning - perfect from both the lock screen volume and the control panel volume. Have you done a hard reset ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Never realised you could in iOS 6. I understand what you mean about the bigger notifications but the fact I can swipe it away makes it more of a small annoyance. It doesn't happen too often either so doesn't bug me. I think it only makes sense for them to pop down from them top of the screen seeing as you pull down for notification centre.
    I think the android system is better in this regard, a notification takes over the status bar for 2-3 seconds, then leaves an icon to notify you. it can get a bit busy though which is annoying.

interesting problem though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Out of curiousity, what sort of notifications do people leave on? I switch almost all of them off on my iPad and iPhone.

Advertisement