Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Does anyone know what time the new expansion goes live at today?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Xenji wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time the new expansion goes live at today?
    If the tavern brawls is anything to go by it should be 8pm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

12:30am, server reset time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

I'm just saying guys, Am'Gam Eager is clearly the strongest card in the set.

BTW, can't remember which of you is Mox, but congrats on making Legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Servers are live

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I bought a prepurchase pack of 50 and I have opened about 35 from my 9000 gold. So 90 packs....

7 LEGENDARY!!!!

Xaril, Poisoned Mind
    Hallazeal the Ascended
    Cho'gall
    Mulka
    N'Zoth
    Yogg, Saron
    Y'Sharrj

One pack had 2 Legendaries!!!

12 Epics.

I'm not sure I am going to open more packs as I have 10000 dust to get whatever else I really need.

EDIT: Opened another 15 (10 from gold and 5 from the challenge). Another Hallazeal. Dust that mofo!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I've opened 50 (pre order) + 99 (gold) + 11 (the two standard quest + default) for a total of 160 packs and I still miss 4 epic and 7 or so legendaries :/

I'm about 4.5k dust away from getting a copy of each however so another month should see me settled for this expansion in terms of having every card. Also played some Cthun control priest to get the dailes done for some acceptable win rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

I opened 30 packs, I don't know if the drop has improived but I seemed to get more epics and golden cards this time around. My one disappointment was the only legendary I got was 2 copies of Fandral Staghelm.

• Advertisement

Opened 33 packs, 6 epics, 5 golds and 2 legendaries ( Ragnaros Lightlord and The Boogeymonster )

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

C'thun is so much fun :D

Forgot to add I went up against a mage playing the YaggSaron (cast a random spell for every spell casted) with me having 1 minion, them having 1 minion. It was... interesting but I'm not sure it will see any competitive play anytime soon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

have killed everybody before thy could c'thun yet, i want to see it! I have one deck i randomly made atm, everything else is illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

I'm just facing druid after druid after druid cthun decks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

BKtje wrote: »

Same as that had 3 quick games earlier to get my 2 wins/5 packs all three were druid. Am glad I started playing on release cause I have a good collection(far from complete) and I haven't put a cent into it. Starting now would be very hard without investing in adventures/packs imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

have killed everybody before thy could c'thun yet, i want to see it! I have one deck i randomly made atm, everything else is illegal
    Visually it is really underwhelming.

Ya, every second deck seems to be ramp druid / C’Thun or Murloc Paladin.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

The Black Knight got dusted off after so many years waiting for the return of Taunt Druid. :D

I've seen a fair amount of shamans too.

Only one Druid so far, nearly everyone else has been running a Murloc Paladin, still trying to tweak a new Hunter deck.

I've not faced one murloc paladin this morning, 80% C'Thun druid/priest, the odd face hunter/shaman/warlock and one mid range Paladin. I can see why as well the priest 10 point heal and druid 5/7 taunt are quite ok... Tried to build a Warrior deck but not happy with it so far.

• Advertisement

The drop definitely seems to be better.

As for C'thun being fun, that's debatable. The meta is a little dull when every second game is decided by whether or not a single card shows up.

Most annoying thing ever happened this morning though. Facing Druid. Turn 1 coin, innervate, astral communion. Turn 2 top decks Y'Sharrj.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm tweaking a paladin dragon deck at the moment. It's very control oriented. I'm using a doomsayer - solemn vigil combo to try and keep the aggro at bay while giving me free card draw. Running 2 of each. It's working well so far.

the 2 mana +2/2 and draw a card for druid has been amazing for me, sticking it on a 2/5 aint bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

being stuck at rank 1 is the worst :(

Got a legendary in the free packs, of course it was Yogg Saron :pac:

Just went 6-1 (albeit started at rank 20) with my C'thun druid, missing a few cards like the Twin Veklor and Fandral Staghelm legendaries that would be perfect for it.

With day one down, anyone else find it to be all very meh? We have the starts of a revitalized meta, but one no more varied than the old and filled with toxic decks that IMO leave an unsatisfying finish nearly every time. I've found in most of my games today that it didn't feel like I was playing Hearthstone anymore. I dunno yet, but it certainly feels like they didn't achieve the idea of getting back to the roots of the game of minions fighting minions. I am also suspicious that the RNG is broken; 3 losses because a badly dropped C'thun bipassed my full/near full board entirely and hit 22 face damage on the battle cry, and twice I have seen Y'sharrj turn two top deck with Astral. Honestly, the fact that such potential exists is no fun.

There was an excellent post on Reddit that observed: The current meta is, if you're aggro you need to finish it by turn 8 before they can get out the cards that can stabilise it for them to win, if you're control you need to survive to turn 8 to win when you get to play all your extra strong endgame minions. Defensive minions from 2-6 mana are weaker now so that's your window as aggro as if they get to play Twin Emperors, Reno, that Priest C'Thun card that heals for 10 etc you're probably not going to pull back the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

All I'll say about the current meta is - I really wish freeze Mage wasn't dead

The one thing I do kind of like is how more than ever you really need to consider other decks when building yours if you want to win consistently. The issue is more decks are using the same stuff so there isn't that much to consider.

• Advertisement

GodlessM wrote: »
    The one thing I do kind of like is how more than ever you really need to consider other decks when building yours if you want to win consistently. The issue is more decks are using the same stuff so there isn't that much to consider.

Well, they gave C'Thun to everyone and the enabler cards are common. You'd expect to see more of that than more expensive to craft N'Zoth decks etc. I think I will get sick of seeing C'Thun druid but I have trouble imagining a CCG that doesn't end up with a small number of dominant decks with each iteration. Maybe someone will figure out some Midrange Druid C'Thun deck that normally wins before C'Thun comes out or something.

Advertisement