Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

nesf wrote: »
    The usual build is Valen not Malygos however it's a fairly niche Priest build usually so I'd not have him as a priority craft. You'd never use him and Malygos together. Tyrion is present in all but the most aggressive Paladin decks so he's a good craft if you like Paladin. The new Druid legendary looks solid too, I'm not sure he's a must craft though. Twin Emperors looks mandatory for C'Thun decks. I agree with GodlessM though, I hold onto my dust until I *need* some epic or legendary to build a deck. Most legendaries you can substitute for, e.g. you using Malygos instead of Valen, it's worse but it's not unplayable or anything.

I'm not really doing it to be competetive.

I love sticking Malygos in there - Spell Druid and Spell Priest have been my favourite.
    I tried it with Shaman but the overloads make it tricky to get any combos to come off.
    Mage is a given.

My thinking with Valen wasn't to get a 50 damage holy smite but rather be less reliant on Malygos turning up.

And I have Trueheart in there as well, auchenai soul priests and such so there's a lot of combos to be had with flash heal, or whatever.
    I haven't got much beyond about rank 15 yet but it's good craic.

I'm not really interested in C'Thun decks at the moment so I went with Tyrion in the end, thinking of doing low health, high damage, divine shield shenanigans but I'm missing loads of cards for that, so I'll probably just lob him into my other pally deck and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

RNG is getting to the point of frustrating these days. BS top decks have become more possible and too many times I have lost due to a Rogue getting the best possible card from Huckster. Even at the lowest ranks most of the decks being played are the same. The pros seem to believe we won't see C'thun go anywhere any time soon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

GodlessM wrote: »
    RNG is getting to the point of frustrating these days. BS top decks have become more possible and too many times I have lost due to a Rogue getting the best possible card from Huckster. Even at the lowest ranks most of the decks being played are the same. The pros seem to believe we won't see C'thun go anywhere any time soon.
    I looked at a Blizzard tournament this weekend and yea, C'thun decks (Warrior, druid, Paladin and even mage in a Reno deck), face shaman, Patron warrior, freeze mage, Zoo warlock, Paladin N'ZOTH and various versions of Reno decks with the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Gbear wrote: »
    I'm not really doing it to be competetive.

I love sticking Malygos in there - Spell Druid and Spell Priest have been my favourite.
    I tried it with Shaman but the overloads make it tricky to get any combos to come off.
    Mage is a given.

My thinking with Valen wasn't to get a 50 damage holy smite but rather be less reliant on Malygos turning up.

And I have Trueheart in there as well, auchenai soul priests and such so there's a lot of combos to be had with flash heal, or whatever.
    I haven't got much beyond about rank 15 yet but it's good craic.

I'm not really interested in C'Thun decks at the moment so I went with Tyrion in the end, thinking of doing low health, high damage, divine shield shenanigans but I'm missing loads of cards for that, so I'll probably just lob him into my other pally deck and see how it goes.

Velen makes it much easier to get a big combo off alright which is good if you want to grind to legend with it or need to win more for whatever reason. Malygos still allows that kind of deck, it just won't win as much most likely. I pulled Velen from a pack, I don't think I'd ever have crafted him (I'd probably go to Rogue with Malygos though before Priest maybe).

Tyrion is just solid though. Works as a curve topper for midrange, as a lategame threat for Control, as a reason to play N'Zoth in the first place in those decks etc. It's just a really strong card that isn't tied to a particular archetype (versus Rag version 2.0 which is also really strong but won't see any play outside of Control probably). Tyrion improves pretty much any Paladin deck outside of really low curving aggro variants so I think you'll find him a good craft. He's independently good (kind of like Ysera) so you don't need to build a deck around him or have a bunch of cards to make him work properly or anything. He'll work in any Paladin deck that naturally wants an 8 drop. :)

Have been playing C'Thun Druid (very like old Beta/Classic Ramp Druid before Combo was population) and two variants of N'Zoth Paladin (Reno and a normal version that plays a lot like Control Paladin back in the early days). I'm quite happy with Paladin as a Control deck, the new Rag combined with N'Zoth gives the deck the endgame punch it used to lack without sacraficing too much elsewhere. C'Thun Druid looks to be very much an "on curve" deck, effective with the ramping into a wall of taunts with C'Thun as a board clear as much as a finisher. Probably good for ranking up but I think I'd get bored playing it. Before the Season reset I played some Zoo (works fine, nice cheap deck for new people) and some Velen Priest (fun deck).

I'm interesting in trying out Deathrattle Rogue, maybe some variant of Miracle Rogue and I need to mess around with Warrior a bit. Overall, very happy with the expansion so far.

• Advertisement

It is slowly getting better alright, the big issue now being that a D/C a day keeps the win streak away.

A question for those playing Pally; been trying the Shield build with decent results, but the net is going on as if this is the best deck in the set, citing that it beats C'Thun every time. I'm just not seeing it. Bar two Equalities how is it supposed to deal with big minions? It pumps out aggro, but it is in quantity, not quality.

A question for those playing Pally; been trying the Shield build with decent results, but the net is going on as if this is the best deck in the set, citing that it beats C'Thun every time. I'm just not seeing it. Bar two Equalities how is it supposed to deal with big minions? It pumps out aggro, but it is in quantity, not quality.

If it's anything like the usual Aggro Divine Favour Paladin if two Equalities aren't enough they're not dying quickly enough for you to win or have drawn too well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Got first legendary, yogg oh yesss. Now I need a mad deck

If it's anything like the usual Aggro Divine Favour Paladin if two Equalities aren't enough they're not dying quickly enough for you to win or have drawn too well.

That in itself makes me question the opinion that this is the top deck right now, as this seems to happen at least 40% of the time. I would rather put my money on Rogue.

• Advertisement

That in itself makes me question the opinion that this is the top deck right now, as this seems to happen at least 40% of the time. I would rather put my money on Rogue.

Oh? I was watching Sjow on his Legend push yesterday and he was thinking that N'Zoth Paladin was top dog. Maybe that was for Control Decks. The thing to remember about these ultra aggressive decks though, they cycle through games quickly they don't need quite as good a win rate as the control decks to rank up quickly and they can afford to draw dead in 30% of games if they can draw the nuts in 30%. If it has a good match up with Aggro Shaman (I don't know) that'd count strongly in its favour too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

back to arena with a nice 12 win, the deck felt unfair, just steamrolled. Ignored a lot of suggested choices. Servent of yogg wiped my own board twice, killed himself 3 times. had 4 minions and played him and he cast this on my board once, not sure i like him.

Elemental_Destruction%2822345%29.png?version=34f78f5948f400827faf856972f23db3

VSBhCRb.png

Incidentally I found Mage best in Arena now too.

So does anybody have any idea how to contact Blizzard with complaints for them? I am sick to death of getting disconnected from the game over and over and am almost considering giving up at this point its that bad. How can you host a massive multi player game and yet not maintain servers that can actually handle the demand. Its absolutely ridiculous at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

So does anybody have any idea how to contact Blizzard with complaints for them? I am sick to death of getting disconnected from the game over and over and am almost considering giving up at this point its that bad. How can you host a massive multi player game and yet not maintain servers that can actually handle the demand. Its absolutely ridiculous at this point.
    Are you using a powerline by any chance?

In the B.Net Client, click on the blue symbol in the top left. In the drop down there is an option called Feedback.

currently 0-2 in arena due to this, it disconnects and can't reconnect, my internet is fine.

currently 0-2 in arena due to this, it disconnects and can't reconnect, my internet is fine.

Yeah I've had it happen on multiple devices and multiple connections. It is getting beyond ridiculous.

So nearly two weeks in and nothing has changed, except maybe more annoying aggro decks creeping in. Have they finally killed the game for the time being? Seems they just moved the goal posts to a muddier part of the pitch rather than fix anything at this rate. At least Arena seems a bit better.

my priest with farseers and that 4/5 that heals 5 is fairly wreckin aggro and also control warrior, t deals 5 damage with a auchenai, so it's pretty fun. Need to make a better list yet, just threw it together

have that 4/3 that gives you a card, so now my deck is 38 cards :D

• Advertisement

Wrecking it during League wasn't much fun, and it's not much different so far with Whispers. I really do find the Arena is way better though. Most classes seem more balanced in it, and the diversity seems good. Getting some great games over there thankfully. Hoping for some good Brawls coming up to keep it real, as the last two were uninspired and could use some better games than constructed is giving right now.

Also, tried sending feedback regarding the amount of D/C's, and all it does is redirect you to the forums. At this rate I really don't see the point.

So nearly two weeks in and nothing has changed, except maybe more annoying aggro decks creeping in. Have they finally killed the game for the time being? Seems they just moved the goal posts to a muddier part of the pitch rather than fix anything at this rate. At least Arena seems a bit better.

I'm not sure what you mean by fix.

I'm not sure what you mean by fix.

In the lead to Old Gods, the devs talked endlessly about how they wanted the game to about minions fighting each other and not the aggro face game. They said several times how standard and the next expansion would be used to fix this and BRI g the game back in line for their vision for it. Yet they don't seem to have succeeded in that in my opinion, just shifted the source of the excessive aggro. The diversity they said they wanted to add to the game also doesn't seem to have caught on.

Oh, and not to mention that the expansion seems to have broken their netcode or servers or something, given the amount of disconnects that have been common.

Look, I'm not saying the game is terrible or dead, just that in my opinion, that the expansion has made a game that was getting dull even duller, and that they definitely did not hit the mark with Old Gods, or at least with Standard anyhow. The jury is still out on Wild. I think once the hype has dropped the same opinion may be shared by many, as I have seen a few streamers recently share the sentiment that they are starting to see that it isn't so great. I don't mean to be all doom and gloom with you guys, just trying to see is it just me or what.

Face aggro has to be in the game just as a hard counter to overly greedy control decks. It's much too early to call the meta but personally (and on streams below legend rank) I'm not seeing half as many face decks as post LoE. Give it some time but don't expect face decks to disappear (just expect more use of minions), most of the nerfs hit the combo decks harder.

Face aggro has to be in the game just as a hard counter to overly greedy control decks. It's much too early to call the meta but personally (and on streams below legend rank) I'm not seeing half as many face decks as post LoE. Give it some time but don't expect face decks to disappear (just expect more use of minions), most of the nerfs hit the combo decks harder.

Disappear, no. But pretty much every game is Aggro or C'thun. And they are so good it is hard to see them going away.

I think they hoped C'Thun would create a lot of midrange on midrange action.

I think they hoped C'Thun would create a lot of midrange on midrange action.

Yeah I agree. It hasnt really. Just pushed Aggro in order to counter it. I think the midrange game would have been fun if they balanced everything correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Godless what levels of ranked play are you usually playing around and what kind of decks are you playing yourself if aggro is causing such big problems? The meta has utterly changed in the last few weeks and I haven't seen any of the decks that were around before WoG. Once you get out of ranks 20 to 15 the top level meta is really diverse and tends towards the mid range and control decks like Cthun Druid, Patron/Control Warrior, Dragon/Control Priest, Maly Rogue etc etc. There's always a shift towards aggro decks when expansions first get released as no one knows how to take advantage of things (Aggro Shaman in particular this time) but it's still a much slower aggro than say Face Hunter was, once time goes on the aggro decks will get slowly weaker.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Two decks I can recommend for the weekly brawl; priest with flash heal & Lightwarden (if they attack your face you'll win by turn 5 or so) and Shaman Evolve + Bilefin Tidehunter to let you put down two minions to evolve with one card and simply outvalue your opponent :)

I did go up against a kobolt / mind blast priest but the Lightwarden version is faster as it relies on 1 mana cards rather than 2 mana cards, the evolve shaman (beat my priest by simply not going face so I could trigger the Lightwardens until he had 30 on board) and a Paladin Selfless Hero / Argent protector combo which my Evolve shaman beat easily by outvaluing the minions forcing him to constantly trade in to my growing minions.

Few others I think has potential would be rogue deadly poison / cold blood + Bladed Cultist

Ok, scratch the above. The most OP combo which will usually win you the game by turn 2 as the enemy gives up is (to no surprise) Hunter Mechwarper + Metaltooth Leaper...

• Advertisement

Yeah the Brawl is really interesting. Tried out lots of combos; Annoyotron/Bolster, South Sea Deckhand/Cold Blood, Innervate/Elise, Innervate/Cold light Oracle, Man's Wyrm/Arcane Missiles, Wild Growth/Y'Shaarj. Cheaper faster combos seem to win every time. It is a great Brawl for quickly grinding out quests though.

Also noisenotmusic, I never said I was struggling with it, I said the game has become dull. I also don't see how facing endless C'thun control past a certain rank makes it any less so. Everything so far from ranks 20 to 10 since release has been mindless Aggro or C'thun. Shifting from one to the other doesn't make things any more diverse. When the meta shifts to a state where I can play entertaining and challenging games against a range of archetypes or a variation on several archetypes then I will be satisfied, but as is if you checked the composition of most decks you face from a class they will be identical, and most games are rather one sided RPS type situations. This is how I feel about Standard as is. There are many who share this opinion. There are many who don't. There is Brawl, Arena and Wild (which I have started to really enjoy this month) for those who don't.

Advertisement