Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

GodlessM wrote: »
    Yeah the Brawl is really interesting. Tried out lots of combos; Annoyotron/Bolster, South Sea Deckhand/Cold Blood, Innervate/Elise, Innervate/Cold light Oracle, Man's Wyrm/Arcane Missiles, Wild Growth/Y'Shaarj. Cheaper faster combos seem to win every time. It is a great Brawl for quickly grinding out quests though.

Also noisenotmusic, I never said I was struggling with it, I said the game has become dull. I also don't see how facing endless C'thun control past a certain rank makes it any less so. Everything so far from ranks 20 to 10 since release has been mindless Aggro or C'thun. Shifting from one to the other doesn't make things any more diverse. When the meta shifts to a state where I can play entertaining and challenging games against a range of archetypes or a variation on several archetypes then I will be satisfied, but as is if you checked the composition of most decks you face from a class they will be identical, and most games are rather one sided RPS type situations. This is how I feel about Standard as is. There are many who share this opinion. There are many who don't. There is Brawl, Arena and Wild (which I have started to really enjoy this month) for those who don't.

You're basically arguing for playing draft over constructed in any CCG. Which is a perfectly fine argument but it's really about the nature of constructed play versus the nature of draft play than anything about Blizzard's design.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

nesf wrote: »
    You're basically arguing for playing draft over constructed in any CCG. Which is a perfectly fine argument but it's really about the nature of constructed play versus the nature of draft play than anything about Blizzard's design.

Not entirely. The balance and design of new cards effects Standard and Arena in different ways due to how they interact with old cards as much as each other. It is partly because you cant consistently build as well in Arena true, but it the fact that Arena used to feel like an alternate and now feels like a fallback instead is more of a reflection on how constructed has changed than anything else.

As for it not being Blizzard specific, or course it is. IMO Hearthstone draft is currently more appealing than Hearthstone than constructed because if Blizzard designed their own game. That has nothing to do with how other games are designed, nor does it mean I feel the same about say Magic or anything else. It is however entirely to do with the fact that Blizzard created and dull mode in Standard IMO.

Look, in the end this is just my opinion. I am glad that the majority of people are enjoying the game more now. I am not trying to bring anyone down and convinced them off the bandwagon. If anything I am trying to find a way on that feels enjoyable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well a turn 1 winner (as in opponent quits often) though not quite as strong as the Hunter one is Target dummy + Bolster on Warrior. TDs being zero mana means you can get one bolster out on 3 dummies on turn 1 which usually means your opponent quits :P

And for the first time ever I've hit the daily gold cap (appears to be 100 gold) :P

Here is another **** grind deck if you want to change it up; Mage with Fireball and Iceblock; from turn 3 forward you can't die and simply throw fireballs in face between iceblocks as required.

Nody wrote: »
    Well a turn 1 winner (as in opponent quits often) though not quite as strong as the Hunter one is Target dummy + Bolster on Warrior. TDs being zero mana means you can get one bolster out on 3 dummies on turn 1 which usually means your opponent quits :P

And for the first time ever I've hit the daily gold cap (appears to be 100 gold) :P

Here is another **** grind deck if you want to change it up; Mage with Fireball and Iceblock; from turn 3 forward you can't die and simply throw fireballs in face between iceblocks as required.

Yeah the Dummy one is dumb (pun intended). I considered trying Mage with Frostbolt and Ice Lance for a similar idea to yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I just had a shaman try and fill my board with frogs with Hex, I was playing Mechwarper + Iorn Sensei. I like the idea of screwing over your opponents board by filling it with useless junk but hex seems too slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Never knew about the big winner reward, just got it there 300 gold for 1000 wins.

Not entirely. The balance and design of new cards effects Standard and Arena in different ways due to how they interact with old cards as much as each other. It is partly because you cant consistently build as well in Arena true, but it the fact that Arena used to feel like an alternate and now feels like a fallback instead is more of a reflection on how constructed has changed than anything else.

As for it not being Blizzard specific, or course it is. IMO Hearthstone draft is currently more appealing than Hearthstone than constructed because if Blizzard designed their own game. That has nothing to do with how other games are designed, nor does it mean I feel the same about say Magic or anything else. It is however entirely to do with the fact that Blizzard created and dull mode in Standard IMO.

Look, in the end this is just my opinion. I am glad that the majority of people are enjoying the game more now. I am not trying to bring anyone down and convinced them off the bandwagon. If anything I am trying to find a way on that feels enjoyable.

Nah man I don't feel at all that you're trying to lessen my enjoyment of the game or anything like that. I just thought you were one of the many people I've know who prefer draft play over constructed because of the increased variety and lack of finely tuned decks (which tend to be a lot more unfair than draft decks can reasonably be). :)

Nope, loved constructed in Explorers once everyone had figured out the Secret sequence. I hold a lot of hope that this meta will get better with time, I am just not holding my breath given how fast the meta normally stabilizes after a new expansion. Ce le vie though.

Got a Faceless Shambler, Forbidden Healing, Soggoth The Slitherer and Hammer Of Twilight all in the same pack today.

Xenji wrote: »
    Got a Faceless Shambler, Forbidden Healing, Soggoth The Slitherer and Hammer Of Twilight all in the same pack today.

Quite the theme.

• Advertisement

Quite the theme.

Got Harrison Jones a few days ago as well, besides Ragnaros Lightlord I always seem to get legendaries on the lower end of the scale, I have gotten Hemet Nesingwary twice :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Mech warper and mech tooth leaper is completely broken in this brawl, turn 3 lethal every time :D

Target Dummy and Bolster is good too

Is anyone else other than Tar and myself having D/C issues? The amount it happens is pretty much intolerable at this point, basically making the game near unplayable because every second game for me at least is D/C'ed, and Blizzard has no form for making complaints. You must join their forum and make a public post where you will get told every time it is everyone's internet. I would lie to get people together who are being effected and send some sort of email or something saying this is how many people are being effected, this is a sign you need to upgrade your damn server.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Is anyone else other than Tar and myself having D/C issues? The amount it happens is pretty much intolerable at this point, basically making the game near unplayable because every second game for me at least is D/C'ed, and Blizzard has no form for making complaints. You must join their forum and make a public post where you will get told every time it is everyone's internet. I would lie to get people together who are being effected and send some sort of email or something saying this is how many people are being effected, this is a sign you need to upgrade your damn server.
    I still get quite a few DCs, maybe 1 in 10 games but most of mine happen in the matchmaking queue.

I haven't had a DC since the first days after the expansion hit. The server was very unstable for me then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I havent had any disconnections in 6 months. That's odd. :(

I have not had a d/c in weeks, still takes two goes every time to get into the menu though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

ShaneU wrote: »
    Mech warper and mech tooth leaper is completely broken in this brawl, turn 3 lethal every time :D

Target Dummy and Bolster is good too
    Iceblock + icelance beats both though. Simply get as many iceblocks as possible in the starting hand and keep rolling them out, pinging face until you have enough ice lances to do 1 turn kill (usually around turn 8+) and as you either pull an ice block (gives you one more turn) or a ice lance (takes you closer to the required number to one turn kill) you don't care what they play or is on the board :)

Guess I am unlucky then. So as long as the Warcraft movie doesnt D/C; then I will know they are taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Nody wrote: »
    Iceblock + icelance beats both though. Simply get as many iceblocks as possible in the starting hand and keep rolling them out, pinging face until you have enough ice lances to do 1 turn kill (usually around turn 8+) and as you either pull an ice block (gives you one more turn) or a ice lance (takes you closer to the required number to one turn kill) you don't care what they play or is on the board :)

This beats it too

• Advertisement

Soulfire plus Fist of Jaraxxus equals Good Game.

So the Standard meta definitely seems to be stabilizing and Aggro Shaman definitely seems to be the forerunner. What do people reckon is the best deck to beat it? The C'thun power house lists seem to not stand a chance.

So the Standard meta definitely seems to be stabilizing and Aggro Shaman definitely seems to be the forerunner. What do people reckon is the best deck to beat it? The C'thun power house lists seem to not stand a chance.

I've not got many games in so far this month but N'Zoth Paladin does ok unless they draw completely dead against Aggro Shaman. Often too much healing/board clear for the shaman to deal with.

Tempo Warrior is supposed to be a pretty hard counter to Aggro Shaman but I've never played it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

my priest has ye to lose to aggro shaman. Apart from when I had won and decided to yogg, lol, bad times. I think I'll switch it out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

put in nzoth instead, less fun but my god it's fun vs nzoth paladin, oh I stole all your deathrattles and your nzoth is **** :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

True Priest evilness in its purest form! :p

Looks like I will reach legend for the first time using a midrange Shaman deck, was doing quite well with Miracle Rogue as well.

Xenji wrote: »
    Looks like I will reach legend for the first time using a midrange Shaman deck, was doing quite well with Miracle Rogue as well.

Well done! Can't bring myself to even begin the grind this month it seems.

The grind seems longer too in my experience. I find I am still getting there but it is taking much longer.

• Advertisement

The grind seems longer too in my experience. I find I am still getting there but it is taking much longer.

My curse is my love of playing control decks (in all CCGs). It means average game time is over 10 minutes, closer to 15, which makes grinding not very feasible.

Advertisement