Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

billian wrote: »
    That's pretty impressive stuff seeing as Hunter is considered quite a weak meta deck. Fair play!

Since when?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭billian

GodlessM wrote: »
    Since when?

TempoStorm have no Hunter decks in Tier 1 or 2 atm anyway. (https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/meta-snapshot/a-witty-title)

And I've been watching a few pro tournaments recently and in both the Wombology Invitational and the HCL there were no Hunter decks in the whole tournament. I realise that tournament and ladder metas are quite different, but still pretty bad reflection on a class's place in the meta if nobody is playing it in a tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Since when?

Midrange Hunter (or whatever variant) used to see a lot of play whenever Handlock became popular as it's one of the natural counters. Renolock replaced Handlock which wasn't a good change for Hunter decks. There's also the problem of them getting outmidranged by Secret Paladin. Face Hunter was replaced by Secret Paladin and Aggro Shaman because they just did the job of a fast deck to grind with better and F2P people have more cards these days.

Not someone that ever played much hunter though, so I dunno. I think Handlock disappearing was very bad for them though, I remember begging to see some Face Hunter cards being played turns 1 & 2 when I was matched with Hunter when playing Handlock years ago.

Did anyone evernfigure out where we report players these days? I am in a game as we speak and the guy is using the hover card glitch. Confirmed it is intentional as you can see he looking through his cards and stuff and he is sending emotes. Got a video of it and all but no idea where to send it. Players name is dom069 in case anyone has encountered him before.

Did anyone evernfigure out where we report players these days? I am in a game as we speak and the guy is using the hover card glitch. Confirmed it is intentional as you can see he looking through his cards and stuff and he is sending emotes. Got a video of it and all but no idea where to send it. Players name is dom069 in case anyone has encountered him before.

You can report players here http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html

Can't believe that exploit is still an issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sportstar583

This brawl is actually really fun. I've been doing well in it with tempo mage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

This brawl is actually really fun. I've been doing well in it with tempo mage.

Do people play more than one?. DansGame

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Joshua J wrote: »
    Do people play more than one?. DansGame
    There is a daily quest for wins in tavern brawl and it's an easy way to level up classes for the gold cards (if you get the right brawl).

Also a good way to do dailies without risk of tanking your rank with a class you are not used to, and it can be a nice change of pace too. Loving this weeks one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Looks like the new expansion will have a press conference on 11th of March and the below video will give some very light spoilers on what the theme is likely to be (no card details available):

• Advertisement

Sorry. Some sites and teams can say it all they want, but from talking to a few others and from my experiences, I'm not buying that Secret Paladin is where it is at anymore. My winrate with it dropped from a good 60-70% to maybe about 30%. Sure it curves and plays all of the best cards in the game, but it excelled on the Dr.6 drop and the sequence that went after. Two things have happened since last year. Everyone figured out the sequence. I can't remember the last time I dropped Dr.6 and had game in the next turn or so. More importantly, the current meta decks all seem to crush it. Tempo Mage can get past the secrets almost completely, Renolock let's them by and then shuts it down with impunity, and Combo Druid really doesn't care, and never did much. And to be honest, I think I've played against Secret Paladin maybe twice in the last two seasons.

This isn't a complaint mind you; I don't expect a certain deck should win it all with ease, but I just don't get why everyone still acts like it is the hottest **** on the block right now.

Sorry. Some sites and teams can say it all they want, but from talking to a few others and from my experiences, I'm not buying that Secret Paladin is where it is at anymore. My winrate with it dropped from a good 60-70% to maybe about 30%. Sure it curves and plays all of the best cards in the game, but it excelled on the Dr.6 drop and the sequence that went after. Two things have happened since last year. Everyone figured out the sequence. I can't remember the last time I dropped Dr.6 and had game in the next turn or so. More importantly, the current meta decks all seem to crush it. Tempo Mage can get past the secrets almost completely, Renolock let's them by and then shuts it down with impunity, and Combo Druid really doesn't care, and never did much. And to be honest, I think I've played against Secret Paladin maybe twice in the last two seasons.

This isn't a complaint mind you; I don't expect a certain deck should win it all with ease, but I just don't get why everyone still acts like it is the hottest **** on the block right now.

I completely agree. Challenger is nowhere near the force it once was. I got to Rank 2 with it in October and November but couldn't break Rank 9 last month. It's still a pretty consistent deck, but compared to Zoo and Combo Druid it's way behind in the current meta IMO. Not to mention the fact that it's gonna be decimated by standard!

New expansion isn't until late April/early May :'(

On the plus side, extra deck slots arrive on Monday!

New expansion isn't until late April/early May :'(

On the plus side, extra deck slots arrive on Monday!

Given their reluctance to patch cards + them taking out a few hundred cards for Standard I'd really like them to take their time with this one.

nesf wrote: »
    Given their reluctance to patch cards + them taking out a few hundred cards for Standard I'd really like them to take their time with this one.
    Well thankfully Druids will finally get to see the nerf bat hard...
    Brode: I'll tell you that philosophically we're looking at cards that are very metagame-defining. Cards that are, if they don't change, going to keep standard format from reaching its goal of being a dynamic format that changes yearly. That's the kind of card we're looking at. Also we're looking at a greater percentage of druid cards, because so many of the cards that they're using are from the Basic and Classic sets in a way that's pretty out of line with the number of cards in those sets that other classes are using very frequently. We're hard-pressed to make exciting expansion cards for druid for that reason.
    Anyway; some new cards are showing up. Paladin has a 5 mana summon 5 defenders card.

635933883569229222.png

Not as good as a certain card rotating out for sure but there can be some good synergies going there if your enemy can't remove them all in one go.

Another card from the Japanese stream; 8/8 for 8, beast with windfury.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MattewPalmer

Nody wrote: »
    Well thankfully Druids will finally get to see the nerf bat hard...
    Anyway; some new cards are showing up. Paladin has a 5 mana summon 5 defenders card.

Not as good as a certain card rotating out for sure but there can be some good synergies going there if your enemy can't remove them all in one go.

Another card from the Japanese stream; 8/8 for 8, beast with windfury.

What synegry do you mean? With Cult Master or with Warhorse Trainer?
    Intendant is out
    This card is weaker because of AoE on turn 6....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MattewPalmer

What do you tell about new announced cards?

What synegry do you mean? With Cult Master or with Warhorse Trainer?
    Or Mukla, or raid leader, sea giant etc. I don't think it will be a turn 5 card but a synergy card played with said synergy card or a catch up card in case you lost your whole board to an early wipe. Clearly Muster for battle is better value but it's GvG so will rotate out shortly and this is the closest replacement I've seen.
    This card is weaker because of AoE on turn 6....
    What AoE on turn 6 do you think of? The only AoE at 6 I can think of would be Blizzard, 7 is flame strike and the rest is possible earlier but most decks don't run more than two or three area clears in the first place (and may use them for clearing boards earlier).

Also saw another card last night, Secret Eater (I think it was called), 4/4 for 4 with battle cry gain +1/+1 for every enemy secret and remove all enemy secrets in play. That one beats Kazan Mystic in pretty much every way.

Without knowing what potential synergies there are with the new cards and what new kinds of whirlwind effects we're going to see it's impossible to evaluate the card properly. We don't even know at this point what rough shape Paladin decks will be taking in the new meta.
    Also saw another card last night, Secret Eater (I think it was called), 4/4 for 4 with battle cry gain +1/+1 for every enemy secret and remove all enemy secrets in play. That one beats Kazan Mystic in pretty much every way.

It's arguably worse against no secrets. 4/3 dies easier but also trades up easier than 2/4 does. If 2/3's are common next expansion, etc. Doesn't really matter as Kezan was always a niche tech card and it's essentially a straight swap.

It's arguably worse against no secrets. 4/3 dies easier but also trades up easier than 2/4 does. If 2/3's are common next expansion, etc. Doesn't really matter as Kezan was always a niche tech card and it's essentially a straight swap.
    It was a 4 attack, 4 health minion for 4 mana with the battlecry; it is better in every way unless you really need to steal that ice block to survive.

• Advertisement

It was a 4 attack, 4 health minion for 4 mana with the battlecry; it is better in every way unless you really need to steal that ice block to survive.

Where did you see 4/4? It's 2/4 here and everywhere else I saw: https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/4a8c1y/whispers_of_the_old_gods_reveals_for_3132016/

Yeah I've only seen it as a 2/4. Considering Paladins are losing Avenge I wouldn't be surprised if the Challenger archetype is cycled out for a more midrangey style, meaning that realistically you'll never get that much value out of secret eater. Obviously still pretty good as a finisher against freeze mage but teching it in for that one match up seems greedy

Yeah I've only seen it as a 2/4. Considering Paladins are losing Avenge I wouldn't be surprised if the Challenger archetype is cycled out for a more midrangey style, meaning that realistically you'll never get that much value out of secret eater. Obviously still pretty good as a finisher against freeze mage but teching it in for that one match up seems greedy

It's quite clearly been added to address the rampant advance of Control Hunter in recent metas.

Hmm, I could have sworn they showed it as 4/4 on stream.

Anyway; you can get a new paladin portrait if you log into World of Warcraft and level a new character to 20 (character has to been created after 11th). For those of you that are not WoW addicts anymore you can play for free to 20 and you have to use the same battle.net account as the hearthstone account. I've completed in a couple of hours of very casual gaming with the newbie zone swarming with people which probably prolonged it a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Hmm, I could have sworn they showed it as 4/4 on stream.

Anyway; you can get a new paladin portrait if you log into World of Warcraft and level a new character to 20 (character has to been created after 11th). For those of you that are not WoW addicts anymore you can play for free to 20 and you have to use the same battle.net account as the hearthstone account. I've completed in a couple of hours of very casual gaming with the newbie zone swarming with people which probably prolonged it a bit.

I always thought those rumours of drug dealers outside playgrounds were fake.

This weeks tavern brawl is sooo OP as Druid (between big taunt minions, best ramp up, raven idol for early minion, poison seeds for clear, tree ants to proc traps etc.) but I have to admit I saw an interesting hunter trap deck (misdirection, freeze, bear trap etc.). So far 9/10 win / play ratio.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

the hunter deck seems to destroy everything. there is one that currently runs only majordomo to **** over mindgames priests

Druid is OP at something? Sounds familiar.

Druid is OP at something? Sounds familiar.
    Esp. when you can play Dr Boom on turn 6 (and no BGH exists) and then play Combo on turn 7 :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

xBnGPM0.jpg

Advertisement