Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

nesf wrote: »
    Well, they gave C'Thun to everyone and the enabler cards are common. You'd expect to see more of that than more expensive to craft N'Zoth decks etc. I think I will get sick of seeing C'Thun druid but I have trouble imagining a CCG that doesn't end up with a small number of dominant decks with each iteration. Maybe someone will figure out some Midrange Druid C'Thun deck that normally wins before C'Thun comes out or something.

I think if I craft the new rag card I would have a mid range pallidin deck that could be very strong against nearly everything I'm seeing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

The problem is since C'thun and friend are available to all classes, you see even less variety than normal in a card game.

Regards midrange Pally, I am running a heal deck with Rag and Reno. Its doing alright. Still trying to perfect it. Handled Zoo very well which none of my other decks were doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

That spawn all minions with deathrattle that died this game card is ridiculous. A paladin just got sylvanus and tyrion again. How is that fun?.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

GodlessM wrote: »
    The problem is since C'thun and friend are available to all classes, you see even less variety than normal in a card game.

Regards midrange Pally, I am running a heal deck with Rag and Reno. Its doing alright. Still trying to perfect it. Handled Zoo very well which none of my other decks were doing.

That's only an initial phase though I think. I'm building that Paladin N'Zoth deck, only need to craft Rag.

nesf wrote: »
    That's only an initial phase though I think. I'm building that Paladin N'Zoth deck, only need to craft Rag.

I have certainly been hoping that, but given its strength, it might not pass just yet. Still, at least Cthun Nzoth hybrid is fun with Rogue.

• Advertisement

I have certainly been hoping that, but given its strength, it might not pass just yet. Still, at least Cthun Nzoth hybrid is fun with Rogue.

Sure but most of the C'Thun decks I see are very greedy, they'll become unpopular when there's an upsurge in Face Shaman, Face Paladin etc. C'Thun will probably stick around but so many greedy control decks make it a good hunting ground for very fast aggro decks if you feel like climbing.

So apparentally Face Warrior is now a thing and it is far more annoying than Hunter ever was. The refusal to actually play the game and mindlessly go face even when its a bad idea is just promoted and supplemented by armour.

3 in a row now.

So apparentally Face Warrior is now a thing and it is far more annoying than Hunter ever was. The refusal to actually play the game and mindlessly go face even when its a bad idea is just promoted and supplemented by armour.

3 in a row now.

Were you around in late Beta/early Classic after Reynad did the first F2P to Legend set of videos with a Face/Aggro Warrior deck? No plague is ever new. :D

Nah I just started before Naxx.

It had a big problem in that it had to use its face to go through most taunts and Warrior used to lack direct damage to face. You would be put under siege from turns 2-6 though unless they drew really poorly.

It was a decent test of whether your deck was "aggro-resistant" though. :D :P

• Advertisement

So Day 3 and the only change is now its a mix of dull C'thun and mindless face decks that only differ from before in that they are jot all Hunter. The RPS element is amplified quite a bit, and all I can conclude is that it is looking like standard will be a bust. Will probably try Wild once the new season starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭billian

So Day 3 and the only change is now its a mix of dull C'thun and mindless face decks that only differ from before in that they are jot all Hunter. The RPS element is amplified quite a bit, and all I can conclude is that it is looking like standard will be a bust. Will probably try Wild once the new season starts.

I've been playing Miracle Rogue and Healadin, both decks completely destroy C'Thun decks... Rogue can be tricky against aggro or the new breed of midrange shaman, but I'd highly recommend it if you're sick of C'Thun

billian wrote: »
    I've been playing Miracle Rogue and Healadin, both decks completely destroy C'Thun decks... Rogue can be tricky against aggro or the new breed of midrange shaman, but I'd highly recommend it if you're sick of C'Thun

This is my Rogue build btw http://imgur.com/RRIchmr

Yeah Ive used Healidin a bit with mixed results. Still trying to tweak it.

Thing is though its not winning or losing that bothers me, its that it is far less fun. It doesnt feel like you are playing Hearthstone it feels like you are playing RPS.

BTW, has anyone else being getting disconnected an unnatural amount since the expansion dropped? Getting very annoying, as even when I get a quick reconnect the sidebar is gone so I don't know what happened and have lost track of what cards they have used.

BTW, has anyone else being getting disconnected an unnatural amount since the expansion dropped? Getting very annoying, as even when I get a quick reconnect the sidebar is gone so I don't know what happened and have lost track of what cards they have used.

I've had a few DCs this week alright... Hearthstone has been nothing compared to Heroes of the Storm though, could barely finish a match all week. A new character was added in HotS and that combined with the new HS expansion almost certainly means a lot more traffic than usual on Blizzard's servers which is probably the root of the problem. I'd imagine it'll level out over the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

For the last two weeks every time I start up the game I get disconnected, it always works the second time around, still a bit annoying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just had a guy use N'zoth on me....IN ARENA! Brought back 3 minions, I had no chance.

Arena has become very interesting alright. Though I was a bit miffed when I managed to draft a Secret Pally deck and then go nowhere with it. New stuff can just handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

These are the legendaries I currently have (+ the free quest ones)

Class:
    Antonidas
    Al' Akir

Neutral:
    Thalnos
    Cairne
    Justicar Trueheart
    Sylvanas
    Baron Geddon
    Hogger, Doom of Elwynn
    Rag
    Boogeymonster
    Malygos
    Ysera
    Deathwing

I've about 3k dust. Any glaring gaps in the inventory?

I only really play Mage, Priest, Druid and Paladin.

Should I just go for a solid class legendary like Tyrion? What's Valen like?
    I have a spellpower Priest I like to use with Malygos. Would both him and Velen be overkill?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Tyrion will always be useful in pretty much every Paladin deck; Valen is situational and you'd be unlikely to have him AND Malygos AND cast spells on the third turn after that (or you've already won so hard anyway that it would not matter).

Two cards to consider in your case would be Bloodmage Thalnos (classic) and Alexstrasza (classic).

Being classic in all three cases you'll always have use for them which is why I'd focus on classic cards, others you may want to consider down the line would be Black Knight, Leeroy and Harrison Jones. They are replaceable in function by other cards but as tool cards they are the best in slot options and being classic you'll always have them available in every deck going forward. If you decide to branch out in terms of classes Groomash is pretty much mandatory in warrior, Jaraxxus is very common in most Warlock decks (even some zoo decks) and Edwin is likely to see a lot of use going forward for Rogues.

But yes, I'd definitely go for classic for legendaries as a starting point because they will be with you until end of time and if they get nerfed down the line you get the full dust cost back where as something as Brann Bronzebeard is unlikely to be nerfed down the line simply because it will phase out in two years instead (see Dr Boom for example).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Day9 has discovered the new meta - just draw Astral Communion and Innervate by turn 2 every time and play 10-10's every turn thereafter.

Honestly, I only craft legendaries when I'm actually about to build a deck that needs one I don't have. That goes for all cards in fact.

Something of note; seems that while you get the chest for your highest rank of either standard or ranked, your bonus stars are only counted from your final standard rank.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Gbear wrote: »

Day9 has discovered the new meta - just draw Astral Communion and Innervate by turn 2 every time and play 10-10's every turn thereafter.

I absolutely love Day9! He's all about that ramp :D He doesn't take it all too seriously either, very fun to watch :)

As for legendaries, Kripparian actually put a video out about this topic yesterday. He was saying Sylvannas and Twin Emperors (if you're playing a cthun deck) are the two most valuable to craft right now. He also said some of the class legendaries like Tyrion are valuable in every paladin deck. I'm on mobile right now so can't link it but definitely check it out.

Gbear wrote: »
    Should I just go for a solid class legendary like Tyrion? What's Valen like?
    I have a spellpower Priest I like to use with Malygos. Would both him and Velen be overkill?

The usual build is Valen not Malygos however it's a fairly niche Priest build usually so I'd not have him as a priority craft. You'd never use him and Malygos together. Tyrion is present in all but the most aggressive Paladin decks so he's a good craft if you like Paladin. The new Druid legendary looks solid too, I'm not sure he's a must craft though. Twin Emperors looks mandatory for C'Thun decks. I agree with GodlessM though, I hold onto my dust until I *need* some epic or legendary to build a deck. Most legendaries you can substitute for, e.g. you using Malygos instead of Valen, it's worse but it's not unplayable or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Having a lot of luck using Aggro Rogue against C'Thun decks.

Xenji wrote: »
    Having a lot of luck using Aggro Rogue against C'Thun decks.

Yeah I'm 24-10 with Miracle Rogue since standard started, nearly all against C'Thuns.. As a class it just benefits so much from the slower meta; if rogues are given time, rogues win!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i am a dust hoarder, only thing i ever crafted was dr 7.

Still not used to all these cards, the spell casting old god has been hilarious though

More D/C's. Blizzard seriously need to do something about their server capacity because losing several ranked games each month in a game that incentivises ranked play due to faults on their end just isn't on. I've seen it happen during a few Twitch streams as well lately.

Played some Wild earlier. Its like the expansion didn't happen in there. All the same decks as before release.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Played some Wild earlier. Its like the expansion didn't happen in there. All the same decks as before release.
    No major surprise though; short of shaman most classes did not receive any significant power cards and the overall expansion is lower power creep than GvG was.

Advertisement