Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options
  • 20-08-2013 11:45am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Blizzards new free to play game.
    Ive never played anything in this genre before but my youtube subs box is full of gameplay vids and those i follow on twitch tv are all playing the beta and raving about it so im starting to take notice.
    Surfing through twitch tv lastnight i noticed 60k viewers of this game.
    Anyone playing the beta? Any thoughts?

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm not a big fan of these card combat games really, but it seems to be hugely popular alright - I think the Blizzard part and Warcraft bit is the main reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Dcully wrote: »
    Blizzards new free to play game.
    Ive never played anything in this genre before but my youtube subs box is full of gameplay vids and those i follow on twitch tv are all playing the beta and raving about it so im starting to take notice.
    Surfing through twitch tv lastnight i noticed 60k viewers of this game.
    Anyone playing the beta? Any thoughts?

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/

Need a north america account to play it. Apparently if you get an beta invite code and are EU, it still won't let you play.

Day9 got a key and is playing it. never played a card game like it before so it has peaked my interest

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Pretty hyped for it, what I've seen looks very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Final Fantasy VIII's Triple Triad was the only card game within a game i ever enjoyed. If this is f2p, i'll likely try it but i have my doubts already

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Final Fantasy VIII's Triple Triad was the only card game within a game i ever enjoyed. If this is f2p, i'll likely try it but i have my doubts already

It will be ftp, but pay to win, it says you can purchase cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

same as all F2P's then

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Nope.

If you buy cards you will automatically be placed in a higher ranked league, putting you against higher classed players.

So technically (depending on if it's worked out properly) you won't get overpowered players constantly beating beginners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Took no interest in it when it was released but after watching a few streams i really want to try it. I always wanted to try out Magic: The Gathering but didn't want to invest so much time just learning the rules. Hearthstone i learned how to play it after watching a stream for 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Want this. Though saying that I bought Scrolls and have played it for a grand total of 2 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Want this. Though saying that I bought Scrolls and have played it for a grand total of 2 hours!

Same here lol !

But I have been watching people stream it and it looks great ! Any update on it ? Can you play in Euro yet ? I was watching 2GD stream it last night and I think the good studio is in sweden so you must be able too !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Nope EU as usual with blizzard are quite a bit behind with getting access

I've been watching a lot of videos on this game, and have to admit it looks a lot of fun. However, I can see the pack buying becoming very expensive.

Anyone wrote: »
    I've been watching a lot of videos on this game, and have to admit it looks a lot of fun. However, I can see the pack buying becoming very expensive.

I did hear it was a money sink to be honest, but if you have not bought any packs of cards you only get queued against people who have also bought no cards AFAIK !

GO_Bear wrote: »
    I did hear it was a money sink to be honest, but if you have not bought any packs of cards you only get queued against people who have also bought no cards AFAIK !

Yep seems that way "Players can purchase the packs of cards for real money. The prices range from 1 Pack (100 gold), 2 packs for $2.99, 7 packs for $9.99, 15 packs for $19.99, up to 40 packs for $49.99"

This is the series of vids I have started watching:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Have they said when this will be released? Is it going to be free to play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I wish they'd make an ordinary Warcraft game again. I loved 2 & 3 and the expansions.

"Ready to serve M'lorrrrd".

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Have they said when this will be released? Is it going to be free to play

Yeah its free to play and free to buy. Just the extra/better cards that will cost money.

Also any cash you spend in the beta will be brought over to the full release, however the cards you unlock will be wiped

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

trump's stream is the only one worth watching atm and I want the betakey so badly :( haven't played any game for a long time since i am away from my desktop with this laptop.

European site is up now, so I'm guessing the beta isnt far away.

http://eu.battle.net/hearthstone/en/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Beta went live today, emails went out for first wave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

TheDoc wrote: »
    Beta went live today, emails went out for first wave

Has anyone here got in?

I'm wondering how long it will be for an android app to come out for this. It seems to be the ideal game to play on a tablet, sitting on the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

No invite :(

I never get any from Blizz anyway so I don't have high hopes.

Got an email from blizzard and it was an email about diablo 3 on consoles......

Got an invite but my account is behind an authenticator on a phone which is broken :mad: Gotta send them scans of my passport and what not. Should be playing by tomorrow...

Got an invite but my account is behind an authenticator on a phone which is broken :mad: Gotta send them scans of my passport and what not. Should be playing by tomorrow...

Nice one Congratz man !

I will continue my fruitless struggle of entering random codes into my battlenet !

No email here either unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

EGriff wrote: »
    I wish they'd make an ordinary Warcraft game again. I loved 2 & 3 and the expansions.

"Ready to serve M'lorrrrd".

Honestly don't see them making another Warcraft RTS anytime soon, if at all, because it would affect WoW's lore. The storyline of WC2/xp lead towards it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

No invite :(

I never get any from Blizz anyway so I don't have high hopes.

Yeah same :(

• Advertisement

Addictive stuff. Alot of my games keep going down to the wire with each player having zero cards in their hand and low HP and each of us just hoping to get that card to finish the fight. Tense stuff

Advertisement