Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

After playing around with them, I found the Hunter one more powerful. It just screams '$%*@ you' at every turn.

On another note, that new Legend they revealed today seems pretty powerful so as long as your deck doesn't rely on Battlecries.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭billian

So what's everyone's favourite card from Old Gods so far? I'm personally looking forward to trying out Xaril the Poisoned Mind in my Maly Rogue deck and then trying out a Control Pally with Ragnaros, Lightlord

Also, looks likely that the set will be released on the 26th CfI3yIDWIAQRPCq.jpg:large

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

billian wrote: »
    So what's everyone's favourite card from Old Gods so far? I'm personally looking forward to trying out Xaril the Poisoned Mind in my Maly Rogue deck and then trying out a Control Pally with Ragnaros, Lightlord
    Shaman cards; honestly by far among the best cards for a control / aggro shaman and they are all insane so far...

Nody wrote: »
    Shaman cards; honestly by far among the best cards for a control / aggro shaman and they are all insane so far...

Shaman are definitely benefiting the most from what we've seen so far alright. Still not sure if there's enough there for Control Shaman to compete with Warrior or Priest but it's certainly moving in the right direction.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Shaman are definitely benefiting the most from what we've seen so far alright. Still not sure if there's enough there for Control Shaman to compete with Warrior or Priest but it's certainly moving in the right direction.
    Keep in mind what Warriors and Priest lose though (Sludge, Death's bite, Deathlord, Dark Cultist, Dr OP, Lightbomb, Shieldmaiden, Antique Healbot, Velen's, Vol'jin, Light of Naruu) compared to shaman (Crackle)...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Keep in mind what Warriors and Priest lose though (Sludge, Death's bite, Deathlord, Dark Cultist, Dr OP, Lightbomb, Shieldmaiden, Antique Healbot, Velen's, Vol'jin, Light of Naruu) compared to shaman (Crackle)...

Everyone loses Deathlord, Healbot, Sludge and Dr. Boom...

nesf wrote: »
    Everyone loses Deathlord, Healbot, Sludge and Dr. Boom...
    Yes but a control shaman with the new cards don't care which a Priest or a Warrior does with their new cards which was the point...

Yes but a control shaman with the new cards don't care which a Priest or a Warrior does with their new cards which was the point...

Control Shaman would also benefit from some of them if they were there. When assessing large rotations of cards in and out you need to be careful to identify key cards that affect one particular archetype, e.g. in your list Lightbomb and Death's Bite going are hugely impactful for the Control archetypes in each class, the others don't hurt as much. If Priest doesn't get another general purpose AoE against midrange-big minions people will have to substantially change how they build control and fatigue decks (maybe Priest will go back to trying to control the board?), equally Warrior won't be able to skimp on early game as much if Death's Bite isn't replaced with another excellent weapon at 4 mana (though I think going the C'tun route may work for Warrior and am going to try that as the penalty of having to run early game minions lessens the loss of Death's Bite).

nesf wrote: »
    Control Shaman would also benefit from some of them if they were there. When assessing large rotations of cards in and out you need to be careful to identify key cards that affect one particular archetype, e.g. in your list Lightbomb and Death's Bite going are hugely impactful for the Control archetypes in each class, the others don't hurt as much. If Priest doesn't get another general purpose AoE against midrange-big minions people will have to substantially change how they build control and fatigue decks (maybe Priest will go back to trying to control the board?), equally Warrior won't be able to skimp on early game as much if Death's Bite isn't replaced with another excellent weapon at 4 mana (though I think going the C'tun route may work for Warrior and am going to try that as the penalty of having to run early game minions lessens the loss of Death's Bite).

We've already seen the new Warrior weapon for the set (Tentacles for Arms) so we know they're not getting a viable Death's Bite replacement. It'll also be interesting to see how Patron Warrior copes with the rotation. Ravaging Ghoul looks like a good card but the lack of Taunt (compared with Unstable Ghoul) might just mean they get blown out of the water in the early game too. Also the fact that its whirlwind is a battlecry as opposed to a deathrattle will likely make it harder to combo with Patrons.

• Advertisement

We've already seen the new Warrior weapon for the set (Tentacles for Arms) so we know they're not getting a viable Death's Bite replacement. It'll also be interesting to see how Patron Warrior copes with the rotation. Ravaging Ghoul looks like a good card but the lack of Taunt (compared with Unstable Ghoul) might just mean they get blown out of the water in the early game too. Also the fact that its whirlwind is a battlecry as opposed to a deathrattle will likely make it harder to combo with Patrons.

I think there will have to be a substantial change to the low mana cards in Standard Warrior Control from the cards that I've seen. I'm still half expecting something *good* to come in an early mana slot that isn't a weapon and lacks the Patron enabling effect. We might see one or two more "+something when damaged/others are damaged" cards for Warrior pushing it from the combo variant of Patron to something more Midrange? That ghoul can't enable Grom combos either, which is painful.

From what I've seen, my Control Warrior deck's curve is going to have to change with much more early game going in. Probably C'tun boosting minions, using C'tun as a finisher late game. That doesn't strike me as unfair though, just from an idly considering perspective. It'll be annoying trying to get the same value out of the early game without Death's Bite and the deck may need something closer to a midrange curve.

The new Shaman "Death's Bite" looks very nice for midrange though.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

got back into this again after i found out it can be played on iphone :) Will be fun learning all the decks again. hopefully can make it back into legend for bragging purposes :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Just curious what are people going to do with their non-standard cards. Dust or keep?

Not sure I'll play wild :-/

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Just curious what are people going to do with their non-standard cards. Dust or keep?

Dust stuff I don't plan to use when I need dust?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I mostly enjoy collecting everything and card scarcity when building decks

I'm a collector; I have a copy of every single card to date so not planning on doing anything except making sure I have every card in the new expansion as well basically.

Took me a few days to study the current meta. Seems like I was coming across about 85% of decks that are either; secret paladin, zoo, combo Druid, aggro shamen and some form of Mage - mostly tempo.

My solution - my cheapest tourney deck I.e. Face hunter! I've added a second owl so I can beat some Druids and I've just accepted that I'm lucky to win 20% of games vs Reno decks and priests that double death lord early

Climbed to rank 8 pretty fast will be interesting to see if I can take it all the way to legend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The wife is running into Warrior after Warrior after Warior.

The wife is running into Warrior after Warrior after Warior.

what rank is she? Switch to priest and crush them imo

Edit: or combo Druid does pretty well and is more versatile. Whatever she finds more fun

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Took me a few days to study the current meta. Seems like I was coming across about 85% of decks that are either; secret paladin, zoo, combo Druid, aggro shamen and some form of Mage - mostly tempo.

My solution - my cheapest tourney deck I.e. Face hunter! I've added a second owl so I can beat some Druids and I've just accepted that I'm lucky to win 20% of games vs Reno decks and priests that double death lord early

Climbed to rank 8 pretty fast will be interesting to see if I can take it all the way to legend.

It has been working pretty well for me as well, have got into the top 5 for the last two months with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Someone played Secret Paladin against me at RANK 23! late last month! Having next to no cards myself I only play ranked near the end of the month when hopefully most people have ranked up by then. The power creep has gotten so out of hand that I feel sorry for anyone starting this game for the first time with the basic cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Going to dust my gold Wild-only cards. Keep the standard versions for Adventure Mode (need every advantage going for the Heroic modes) and the Tavern Brawls where they'll be legal.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Someone played Secret Paladin against me at RANK 23! late last month! Having next to no cards myself I only play ranked near the end of the month when hopefully most people have ranked up by then. The power creep has gotten so out of hand that I feel sorry for anyone starting this game for the first time with the basic cards.

Someone forgot to get their card back probably. Rank 19 is easier than Rank 21 in some ways.

I came across mostly Priests last month, though of various varieties.

Well we have two cards confirmed to be nerfed (in some form):
    Ironbeak Owl and Big Game Hunter don't fit well into the Classic set.

Now the question becomes in what way will they be changed...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

loatheb should be added to classic

What's the problem with Owl exactly? I get that BGH could probably be a 4 drop, but I don't see a balance issue with Owl.

On the new cards, has there any clarification on how Hallazeal interacts with board wipes? So if you drop and then play Lightning Storm against say 3 enemy minions, does it could it as 3 damage or 9 damage? If the latter, there is some crazy potential for control Shammy there.

Shadowcaster was a much needed card, long live Rogue again.

GodlessM wrote: »
    What's the problem with Owl exactly? I get that BGH could probably be a 4 drop, but I don't see a balance issue with Owl.

It's too cheap for how powerful its effect is as a neutral card. Think of how it limits what's playable with taunts, deathrattles, buffing cards, start of turn effects etc.

GodlessM wrote: »
    What's the problem with Owl exactly?
    To cheap silence basically but I'm not sure what can be done to it; next up is the 4/3 for 4 so not a lot of wiggle room where to go.
    I get that BGH could probably be a 4 drop, but I don't see a balance issue with Owl.
    Problem with BGH is that it outright kills anything at 7 attack which is what I'd expect to see changed (i.e. set health to 3 or 4 or something like that instead of outright killing the minion).
    On the new cards, has there any clarification on how Hallazeal interacts with board wipes? So if you drop and then play Lightning Storm against say 3 enemy minions, does it could it as 3 damage or 9 damage? If the latter, there is some crazy potential for control Shammy there.
    It would be the later and yes pretty much every shaman card so far has crazy potential; I expect shaman to come out as one of the new top classes but we'll see.

• Advertisement

It would be the later and yes pretty much every shaman card so far has crazy potential; I expect shaman to come out as one of the new top classes but we'll see.

I like seeing lots of nice new Shaman cards that don't help Aggro Shaman much. :P

Advertisement