Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Got him too, Theme Deck time! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Yeah, I've gotten 2 so far, Trade Prince Gallywix and Blingtron 3000...

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Thermaplug + non glitched Warsong Commander = infinite board clear. Once they fix WC nobody can stop you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

I've gotten Gallywix, Sneed'S Shredder, Malorne and my favourite, Dr. Boom.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I've gotten one gold copy, and two common copies of that Shaman murloc 7 mana card legendary (while missing most other legendary) :/

So, 200 packs in here's my status:
    Malorne
    Gahzrilla (missing)
    Flame Leviathan
    Bolvar Fordragon (missing)
    Voljin (missing)
    Trace Prince Gallywix
    Neptulon (x3, 1 golden)
    MalGanis
    Iron Juggernaut
    Blingtron 3000
    Helmet Nesingwary (missing)
    Mimiron's Head (missing)
    Gazlowe (missing
    Mogor the Ogre (missing)
    Toshley (missing)
    Dr. Boom (crafted)
    Troggzor the Earthinator (crafted)
    Foe Reaper 4000
    Sneed's Old Shredder (crafted)
    Mekgineer Thermaplugg

So missing 7 legendary atm but what's more annoying I'm still missing several epic such as Hobgoblin (0), Mini-Mage (1), Demonheart (1), Cogmaster's Wrench (1), Sabotage (0), Lightbomb (0), Wee Spellstopper (0), Steamwheedle Sniper (1), Dark Wispers (1), Tree of Life (1) while having 5 copies of other epics ><

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

I only have 1 legendary GvG so far - Bolvar Fordragon. I might try it out in casual matches but I get the feeling its just way too easy to counter and depends a lot on drawing it early
    GodlessM wrote: »
    Isn't that Day9's deck?

who that??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Dr boom is OP, had to laugh at everybody thinking it was bad.
    Bolvar has turned out to be pretty decent and has nice interaction with the likes of muster for battle. And hero power ofc!

All I really want is Dr Boom and voljin. Voljin is so good.

Same here, I've ~1200 dust so looking at earning enough for one of them, though I'm torn as to which. Dr. Boom is a great all rounder, but Vol'jin is just too perfect for Priests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Dr boom is OP, had to laugh at everybody thinking it was bad.
    Bolvar has turned out to be pretty decent and has nice interaction with the likes of muster for battle. And hero power ofc!

Both are excellent alright, although Voljin isn't as crazy as people were thinking he would be. You're not always going to get the Ysera dream and against aggro / face decks he's actually quite weak.

Liking Bolvar aswell, I crafted him as I wanted to make a pally deck work with the new cards and so far he's been very good however you ideally need to draw him on turn 3 or 4 to get decent value.

If anyone is thinking about what to craft though the MVP is definitely Dr.Boom!

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

so how long until Dr. Boom gets the nerf hammer? :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well I'd expect him to drop to 6/6 and bombs go 1-3 at most to be honest; that or one mana increase but we'll see; I'll play with him as long as I can :P

Nody wrote: »
    Well I'd expect him to drop to 6/6 and bombs go 1-3 at most to be honest; that or one mana increase but we'll see; I'll play with him as long as I can :P

That would still be a very decent card.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

A 7 5 maybe

I'm not sure we'll see a nerf unless you see the card swinging a *lot* of games (Blizzard internal statistics). It's a powerful card but not particularly exploitable for building a deck around like Ragneros. Blizzard might not like it "going into every deck" though.

And because Jaraxxus still hasn't gotten a nerf.

The other thing is the Dr. Boom boom :D is putting a lot more BGHs in decks which is having a knock on for many big minion decks. BGH was getting rarer with all the aggro decks the past while but he seems as common as he was in late beta now.

nesf wrote: »
    I'm not sure we'll see a nerf unless you see the card swinging a *lot* of games (Blizzard internal statistics). It's a powerful card but not particularly exploitable for building a deck around like Ragneros. Blizzard might not like it "going into every deck" though.
    I expect a nerf simply because 95% of the decks out there will include him; it's the same reason Sylvanas got nerfed.

Nody wrote: »
    I expect a nerf simply because 95% of the decks out there will include him; it's the same reason Sylvanas got nerfed.

Nah, the Sylvanus nerf was more because of the combos you could do (e.g. Brawl + Sylvanus in one turn) when she was 5 mana rather than her being so common. She's still in the majority of midrange and control decks after all.

You are both wrong, it was both ;)

"Sylvanas had power and stats that made it a bit too powerful compared to other 5-cost cards, which made it automatically included in many decks. We want players to have an option of what cards they put in their decks, so cards that feel like they must be in all decks (especially Neutral ones) are not ideal."

You are both wrong, it was both ;)

"Sylvanas had power and stats that made it a bit too powerful compared to other 5-cost cards, which made it automatically included in many decks. We want players to have an option of what cards they put in their decks, so cards that feel like they must be in all decks (especially Neutral ones) are not ideal."

They don't nerf cards for being common, they nerf them for feeling like you *have* to put it in. Harvest Golem is safe despite being so very common in aggro and midrange decks.

Novice Engineer was nerfed for the same reason Sylvanas was, there was little reason not to include a 2 mana 1/2 body that made your deck smaller. Even warlocks used to play it sometimes. Sylvanus at 5 mana could be combo'd with a bunch 5 mana class 5 damage spells (only Brawl being common), she had to compete with *much* weaker cards at 5 mana versus 6 for most decks. Being common isn't an issue (e.g. meta counter cards will always be either very common or not played depending on the meta) but the card's power level overwhelming the other cards in that slot is an issue when it's a neutral card. Sylvanas is still included in many, many lists, it's just not an automatic include any more because of more competition at the 6 mana slot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Tech question:

Just bought a new iPad. If I transfer my hearthstone to the new iPad, will all my cards be safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Tech question:

Just bought a new iPad. If I transfer my hearthstone to the new iPad, will all my cards be safe?

You have a Blizzard account. It's all in the cloud, welcome to 2001 ;)

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Tech question:

As above, same account spans PC and iPad and isn't tied to any one device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Anyone with access problems?

Haven't tried yet today; will get back to you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Bought 2 packs.

1 golden legendary -sneeds old shredder
    1 legendary - foe reaper 4000
    2 epics
    2 rares

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Went 12-1 in Arena yesterday, my first 12 win arena run! Got about 700 gold and a pack (40 dust >_<)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Just getting into this - almost have all Heroes at level 10.
    Is it worth the 700 gold to go for 1st level of Naxxramas? Or should I just open packs/arena at this stage?

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    Just getting into this - almost have all Heroes at level 10.
    Is it worth the 700 gold to go for 1st level of Naxxramas? Or should I just open packs/arena at this stage?
    To do well in Arena, you really need to be fairly familiar with most if not all of the cards and their value. If you are just starting out, I'd wait a little bit before trying it out. Going for Naxx if you have the gold is a good idea as it unlocks some pretty powerful cards, then just play around in ranked for a while until you get a decent feel for the cards and various matchups.

• Advertisement

Naxx has some very powerful cards and you're guaranteed to unlock them for x gold rather than taking a chance when buying packs.

Advertisement