Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Can teach annoying priest control, very cheap decks

I'm all ears :-)

Played a Warrior today who played:
    Dr Boom
    Baron Geddon
    Hogger
    Alexstraza

Had a Tank and Yeti on the board and was able to fireball him to end.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    I'm all ears :-)

Played a Warrior today who played:
    Dr Boom
    Baron Geddon
    Hogger
    Alexstraza

Had a Tank and Yeti on the board and was able to fireball him to end.
    Sounds a bit odd on the selection, Boom, Geddon, Alexstraza ok, but Hogger?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

I felt so dirty winning, and then annoying people all the way to legend in half hour games where their own minions hit them in the face and they fatigue :p

Playing+against+priests+in+hearthstone+no+stop+healing+no+stop+killing_69bd2f_5184685.gif

Perhaps mill druid next? :D

Give us all the gory details please :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Talking about decks here's an interesting demon/hand lock version I'm currently running (I updated my standard hand lock after going up against it with some tweaks; it works surprisingly well).

2x Sacrificial Pact
    2x Darkbomb
    2x Iron beak Owl
    2x Sunfury Protector
    2x Hellfire
    2x Imp-losion (this feeds your sacrificial pact and give you more removal)
    2x Shadowflame
    1x Defender of Argus
    2x Twilight Drake
    2x Voidcaller
    1x Antique Healbot
    2x Sludge Belcher
    1x Siphon Soul
    1x Dr. Boom
    1x Lord Jaraxxus
    1x Mal'Ganis
    2x Mountain Giant
    2x Molten Giant

The point of the void callers (beyond being cheapish early minion) is to get Mal'Ganis or Lord Jaraxxus (3/15) out on the board by early (play void caller, kill something, sacrifice it for 5 health & free summoning). Normally Mal'Ganus will not live but you get at least one free tap from him and possibly more if your opponent does not have hard removal in hand. The addition of Imp-plosion and sacrificial pact means you deal damage, summon your minions and gain health for 4 mana (assuming you have both cards in hand) and it also offers a great counter for going up against the same or demon deck (it's ANY demon, not your demons only!).

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

From a glance, a second Antique Healbot instead of one or both Sacrificial Pacts might be an idea. Gain Health + Lose a creature is a hard sell for a card slot. BGH might work too with the meta and is another decent Shadowflame target.

• Advertisement

nesf wrote: »
    From a glance, a second Antique Healbot instead of one or both Sacrificial Pacts might be an idea. Gain Health + Lose a creature is a hard sell for a card slot. BGH might work too with the meta and is another decent Shadowflame target.
    Problem is the mana; 5 mana and a creature vs. dealing damage + healing up (zero cost) + creatures. I had it originally but it simply does not fit in to often and the sacrifical pact lets you sac your Voidcaller to summon if needed if needed :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Just played a Druid as Crusher Shaman. Got Mana Tide out out turn 3 and drew 2 cards. Thought to myself, man this is going to be too easy. Turn 4 comes. Coldlight Oracle comes down. Oh crap, it's Mill Druid. He proceeds to burn a bunch of my cards, including 2 fire elies and one of my earth elies. Turn 6, I had to hex my own Mana Tide [RIP ;_;].

He poison seeds/starfalls my board TWICE.

I play an Earth Ellie combo, putting an Ancestral Spirit on it, which he silences with his second owl and then BGHs.

By the time I've drawn my entire deck, he still has 11 cards left to draw. I draw my final card, I forgot I'd put it in. Kel'thuzad...

kdm2S6d.jpg

He Anti-kill bots & Tree of lifes, I still manage to win with one turn to spare before I fatigue to death. Honestly one of the most insane matches I've ever played

How do you effectively mill in Hearthstone exactly? Hand limit 10 is fairly large, and I can't see a way to force your opponent to consistently draw too many cards. Naturalize and Coldlight are only 8 cards between them if you have two of each.

On top of that, Grove Tender, Dancing Swords, brewmaster the coldlights, King Mukla and Mech Yeti to fill the opponents hand. It can be quite good.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    On top of that, Grove Tender, Dancing Swords, brewmaster the coldlights, King Mukla and Mech Yeti to fill the opponents hand. It can be quite good.

Never seen it, but sounds very interesting. And what is Crusher Shaman while I am at it? I know most of the standard builds, but only know the names for a few of them, like Miracle Rogue and Zoo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

GodlessM wrote: »
    Never seen it, but sounds very interesting.
    Kripp has a description and runs a few games with it here, worth a watch.

Thanks.

Funnily enough, right after it was mentioned I logged on to do my dailies, and faced a Mill Druid right away. First impressions were that Hunter doesn't care. With so many 2-3 cost minions and the low number of drops made by the Druid I still wiped him, even after he had played 2x Healing Touch and 2x Antique Healbot. Doing 62 damage is not bad, I must say.

Nody wrote: »
    Problem is the mana; 5 mana and a creature vs. dealing damage + healing up (zero cost) + creatures. I had it originally but it simply does not fit in to often and the sacrifical pact lets you sac your Voidcaller to summon if needed if needed :)

Sorry, I missed this. The issue for me is you're not getting that health for free, you're spending a card to get it on top of losing a minion. It's also dead in your hand when you don't have a demon out/can play. The Voidcaller combo is nice but I really do question that you're doing better than you would with Earthen Ring Farseer or whatever given all the times you don't have Voidcaller out and need health and have Sacrificial Pact in hand.

The other thing that would strongly turn me off it is that it's an absolutely dead top deck in nearly all situations.

Sorry, I missed this. The issue for me is you're not getting that health for free, you're spending a card to get it on top of losing a minion. It's also dead in your hand when you don't have a demon out/can play. The Voidcaller combo is nice but I really do question that you're doing better than you would with Earthen Ring Farseer or whatever given all the times you don't have Voidcaller out and need health and have Sacrificial Pact in hand.

The other thing that would strongly turn me off it is that it's an absolutely dead top deck in nearly all situations.
    But so is the healbot; you don't want to play it until turn 7+ if even then due to Molten giants (and if you need to play it on turn 5 you're most likely dead anyway) and sacrifice demons offers help against any zoo warlock decks (which are one of the potential banes of handlock if they get an early game rolling) & the option to drop a 9/7 on turn 4 (unlikely but possible). The need to cut 2x earthen ring & 1x heal bot (I had two of each in my original deck) was to make space and it's honestly worked out well (esp. as you got heals from imps (and additional removal) & the can't be hurt (for a turn or two) so far. It felt I would run low on health before I started playing it but honestly it works out quite well from my experience so far.

But so is the healbot; you don't want to play it until turn 7+ if even then due to Molten giants

Um, then why would you ever play Jaraxxas?

Um, then why would you ever play Jaraxxas?
    Usually in one of two scenarios; at least one (if not both) flame giants are out or I'm getting very low on health and need that final damage push to win (i.e. once you got Jaraxxius you have three turns to win basically). He can also make a great 3/15 minion on turn 4 :P

You can also pull some real BS moves with it (I've done Imp-plosion + ancient heal bot + 2x Sac. demon for 18 point heal in one turn taking me from 11 to 29) as a side note :)

Usually in one of two scenarios; at least one (if not both) flame giants are out or I'm getting very low on health and need that final damage push to win (i.e. once you got Jaraxxius you have three turns to win basically). He can also make a great 3/15 minion on turn 4 :P

You can also pull some real BS moves with it (I've done Imp-plosion + ancient heal bot + 2x Sac. demon for 18 point heal in one turn taking me from 11 to 29) as a side note :)

I mean, Ancient Heal Bot is a good draw in many situations where Jaraxxus is (i.e. taking you out of burn range for the last few needed turns). You don't get the weapon/hero power but you also don't spend 9 mana.

GodlessM wrote: »
    Never seen it, but sounds very interesting. And what is Crusher Shaman while I am at it? I know most of the standard builds, but only know the names for a few of them, like Miracle Rogue and Zoo.

Crusher Shaman, named after the player who devised the build, plays upon making a bunch of Earth Ellie's that respawn themselves.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/68166-crusher-shaman-legendary

That's an older version of the build but it has the best write up of the concept.

Crusher Shaman, named after the player who devised the build, plays upon making a bunch of Earth Ellie's that respawn themselves.

That's an older version of the build but it has the best write up of the concept.
    Would you mind posting your list? I need a shaman deck to level up with as my current strong decks are Warlock Mrlgrlgrlgl, Hand/Demon lock combo listed above and Warrior control with a few theme decks for Mill druid, Health Priest, Mid Mage etc. But I got nothing for Shamans :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I use a Shaman deck revolving around reincarnating. Never get beyond level 14 but its good fun at least.

I had a game last week were i had 5 or 6 eggs destroyed/reincarnated/summoned

Turn 1 Coin, egg
    Turn 2 Acestral spirit
    Turn 3 Reincarnate
    Turn 4 Profit.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Yeah, as suspected I have played it before a few times. Quite difficult to beat actually unless you have a good bit of Silence.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Price increase in boosters?

2 for 2.99
    7 for 9.99
    15 for 19.99
    40 for 49.99

:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi I'm FutureGuy.

I fall into the category of "buys all the cards but is still horrible".

I figure the best way to get better is to play my fellow boarsies.

Garak001 2232

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Price increase in boosters?
    New EU legislation on VAT I'd guess as the main factor.

And Nody 2214

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi I'm FutureGuy.

I fall into the category of "buys all the cards but is still horrible".

I figure the best way to get better is to play my fellow boarsies.

Garak001 2232

Added you, Boidhre. Not playing as much these days but I still get in the odd few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭brianorourke

Might be a dumb question, but should a new player bother with the older packs or just buy the Goblin packs?

Might be a dumb question, but should a new player bother with the older packs or just buy the Goblin packs?
    Most decks are still made up by at least 50% if not 75% old cards so mixing it up would not be wrong. Due to the limited number of Goblin cards you're also more likely to get duplicates which can be helpful to craft the cards you really want though.

One of the major complaints at the moment is Arena only giving Goblin packs as for newer players they absolutely need Classic packs to form the core of decks.

One of the major complaints at the moment is Arena only giving Goblin packs as for newer players they absolutely need Classic packs to form the core of decks.
    They should really move it over to a token based system; that ensures it's future proof with new expansions as well.

• Advertisement

They should really move it over to a token based system; that ensures it's future proof with new expansions as well.

Yup, definitely.

Advertisement