Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'm starting to a approach a stage where I actually have enough quality cards to make decent decks, it's a very exciting time! :P

Also my body is not ready for 5/5 for 6 Warrior gnome that gives 5 armour

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

After a huge absence for months (last time I played was just before the Leeroy nerf), finally coming back into this game. Need to catch up on the current meta
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Also my body is not ready for 5/5 for 6 Warrior gnome that gives 5 armour

I actually think that card is quite average. The 6 slot is already being combated by much better cards in warrior control (sylvanas, cairne, etc), and her stats are quite meh, given the effect, which isn't that great imo. Maybe if they reveal more warrior cards with interaction with armour then her synergy will go way up but right now I'm not sold on that card

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Ramza wrote: »
    I actually think that card is quite average. The 6 slot is already being combated by much better cards in warrior control (sylvanas, cairne, etc), and her stats are quite meh, given the effect, which isn't that great imo. Maybe if they reveal more warrior cards with interaction with armour then her synergy will go way up but right now I'm not sold on that card
    Well it's 2 mana for 5/5 without card draw; problem is of course as noted 6+ mana means cutting Sylvanas/Cairne/Ysera/Rag etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Upcoming balance changes:
    During the development of Goblins vs Gnomes, we kept an eye on the state of game balance as more Hearthstone matches were played with the new cards we introduced with Curse of Naxxramas. After careful consideration we have decided to make balance changes to the following cards: Soulfire (Warlock), Gadgetzan Auctioneer (Neutral), and Flare (Hunter)

The following balance changes will be made in an upcoming patch:

Soulfire now costs 1 (up from 0)
    Soulfire, along with fast and powerful minions, allowed Warlock rush decks to get ahead on the board and stay ahead. We’ve upped Soulfire’s mana cost by 1 to slow down the Warlock rush deck just a bit and allow more players time to react and interact against the Warlock.

Gadgetzan Auctioneer now costs 6 (up from 5)
    Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s ability allows for a player to potentially draw many cards for little cost. Card draw and card advantage are important to the game—overall, games are less interesting when a player draws their entire deck. This change brings Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s cost more in line with its power level.

Flare now costs 2 (up from 1)
    Flare allowed the Hunter an advantage versus decks that revolve around Secrets, while also allowing the Hunter to draw a card for little cost. We want to encourage a variety of decks in Hearthstone. With this change, Flare will continue to be useful against decks playing Secrets, but will be weaker against other decks

We will continue to make balance changes to Hearthstone when we feel they are necessary in order to increase the variety of cards seen at all levels of play, with the goal of making Hearthstone a more fun and interactive game for everyone.

Oh and regarding the bot bans:
    We’ve received a lot of feedback regarding the initial action we took against players who were using bots to automate gameplay. One of the major concerns that you expressed centered around whether the offenders would get to keep their golden hero portraits.

We’ve discussed the situation amongst the team, and we agree that those found to be botting should not get to keep their golden hero portraits. We’ve decided that the number of wins associated with each class on the offending accounts will be reset to 0, which will also remove any golden hero portraits that were obtained on those accounts. We know this issue is important to you, and your feedback is extremely important to us as we explore issues like this for the first time in Hearthstone.

As we demonstrated again recently, rest assured that we will remain vigilant and Hearthstone accounts found to be cheating will continue to face permanent closure.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

They said I was crazy to keep 2 extra gold Flares, but WHO'S CRAZY NOW? MUHAHAHAHA! All the dust.

There have been 53 cards revealed today so far. The release must be getting close, there's maintenance today on NA so they must be adding the cards to the database. Next week, maybe? My gold is ready.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Goblins vs Gnomes released in Europe on the 9th of December, http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2o3827/goblins_vs_gnomes_launches_dec_8th/

Goblins vs Gnomes released in Europe on the 9th of December, http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2o3827/goblins_vs_gnomes_launches_dec_8th/
    Well good to know when my credit card will be hit from me buying boosters; I already have a couple of "must have" for my Warrior Control deck and my Murloc Warlock deck (which may warp into a Shaman or Mage warlock deck, yes there are more murloc cards Mrglglgglglgglgl) and of course I have to try a rush Mech Pirate Rogue deck :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Seems we will get 3 free packs and an arena run by playing during the release and for playing from an android.

Seems we will get 3 free packs and an arena run by playing during the release and for playing from an android.
    Hmm, I'll need to find a good virtual version to simulate android use...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

I'm so very jelly. Enjoy the dust.

The new GvG cards may be available in the arena ahead of the official release:

http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2oa6vp/new_patch_notes_indicate_gvg_live_in_arena/

Yeah its already out with a free arena run

Never play arena...give this freebie with the new cards a chance says I...

The dream.

I've been trying to play F2P constructed only, so haven't played an arena for over a year...though I'd give these new cards a chance (no idea what they were)

WGkJNTu.png

DWpRX22.png

The main thing I noticed was the cards I had that had board effect were insane so i tried to draft a deck around that. I had a bomb lobber
    200px-Bomb_Lobber.png?version=e4dbe6f11d684a27b0d53d2de734b00b

and goblin blast mage

200px-Goblin_Blastmage.png?version=26bd4b52f170613e01fc56583e313a8f

These were sick with the likes of duplicate and cheap mechs. Along with that I had a brew to bounce it back.
    After this I found that Piloted sky golem

184px-Piloted_Sky_Golem.png?version=0a2785db5172c6fdcc629a40a0a7dae9

was insane for me (I duplicated it and twice it got this overcharged charging yeti thing).

When it was used against me it traded with my whole board as when it died it summoned a piloted shredder

200px-Piloted_Shredder.png?version=716cfe1eab2ae645c4a122979168ed7e

which was just insane. His one card turned into 3 and wiped my board.

200px-Soot_Spewer.png?version=faa85b5aff5dfca31fa73854c55ffb67

Another cool combo was soot spewer and arcane explosion at any stage of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Arena has been fun with all the new cards and it's a good time to play as the standard of play is very low in there right now with everyone using their free entry.

Well talking about playing; I got the Spell Master daily quest (cast 40 spells) and after watching ESL last night the idea of a Freeze giant mage struck my fancy so I built a deck for it. First game I go up against a warrior who for some reason go afk on turn 3 so I continue to play as if he'll come back, by turn 6 he's not back and I got Archmage Antonidas in my hand I decide why not drag the game out a bit to get a few more spells in there. As the game ends with me drawing my 30th card I throw a final fireball in his face for the win and the quest ends up at 35/40 spells casted :D

Is there a difference between the price of packs on PC and iPad? It's €17.99 for 15 on an iPad.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Is there a difference between the price of packs on PC and iPad? It's €17.99 for 15 on an iPad.

Same price on PC. The accounts used are the same on both so they'd have to be the same prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Just in case they actually get GvG out on EU before Christmas, a little PSA: http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2ooktk/first_misplay_of_gvg/cmpknl7

The reason we can't have more than nine deck slots. (may as well steal reddit jokes while I'm linking content :P)

I'm curious if they'll start to offer discounts or add more cards to the older sets as time move on (or simply let you buy a mega boosters with 2x of all cards or similar). I mean think 3 sets down the road; who'll want to try to have to buy all the different key cards from 6 different sets to make the various deck types?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

is there a new type of dust for the GvG cards? or is it a common pool of dust against all the cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Wossack wrote: »
    is there a new type of dust for the GvG cards? or is it a common pool of dust against all the cards?

Same dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

started playing this yesterady. fun game but as I rank up Im starting to run into stacked decks! any other way around this other than to play?

Pretty much play, get more cards, build good decks. There are good free decks about on the net. And some cheap to craft ones. The fun for me is earning the cards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Pretty much play, get more cards, build good decks. There are good free decks about on the net. And some cheap to craft ones. The fun for me is earning the cards :D

Same as, and I find you learn intuitively as you go along too. I have a long way to go though as apparent by that Arena shot at the top of the page; my record is only 5 wins.

Now should be a good time to try as everybody is new to it and it seems a bit easier, I have only played constructed for a year but shall now try arena a lot more. You'll get there, only need 3 to be ahead usually I think and as your average goes up you get all the value phwoar. I used an app at he start that ranked each of my picks to show me what I should be picking.

The only thing Hearthstone is truly missing is a means to see the look on your opponent's face that one time you manage to have 4 Thaddius on the board along with a 14/14 Void Terror :D

GodlessM wrote: »
    The only thing Hearthstone is truly missing is a means to see the look on your opponent's face that one time you manage to have 4 Thaddius on the board along with a 14/14 Void Terror :D
    Try a 20/20 Lightspawn on turn 4 :P

Nody wrote: »
    Try a 20/20 Lightspawn on turn 4 :P

Eh, I've seen that too many times for comfort; turn 3 Coin and Lightspawn, turn 4 double Divine Spirit. That doesn't make it any less impressive though.

• Advertisement

GodlessM wrote: »
    Eh, I've seen that too many times for comfort; turn 3 Coin and Lightspawn, turn 4 double Divine Spirit. That doesn't make it any less impressive though.
    Until your opponent says "Sorry" and drops a silence minion :(

Advertisement