Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It doesn't really. You still have to damage a minion to execute it....the same way you have to run something into the Hunters mark minion. Same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Kirby wrote: »
    It doesn't really. You still have to damage a minion to execute it....the same way you have to run something into the Hunters mark minion. Same thing.

Except a minion can already be damaged but still require a hunter's mark to take it down to 1 whereas an execute can just be used straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Finding it really hard going. I don't want to spend money on this game so I'm using budget decks but keep getting blown up by so many legendaries and Naxx cards.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Don't need to spend money, just play a while. I was legend by the second month free to play, using no legendaries.

Keep it up!

It does help at the start though to get you going.

My thinking at the start was that "the game is free, I'm playing tons of it....I'd spend 60 quid on a game anyway" so I bought 60 quids worth of packs. I got lucky, and got some really nice cards out of it. Ragnaros, Alexstrasza, Deathwing and Ysera from my first batch. I had to grind for the dust for Tirion, but it was worth it.

Nine months later, and I have basically all the cards in the game and spend my dust on crafting ridiculously expensive goldies. :P

• Advertisement

I decided to go a bit more in depth with my matches today. See where I'm weak and strong etc.

It's a very small sample size of only 21 games and I intend to expand it to hundreds of games eventually, but it's interesting nonetheless.

21_matches.jpg

A few things stand out. Wins and losses are streaky, which supports the matchmaking system. Win a few? Tougher opponent. Lose a few? Weaker opponent.

It's also interesting that I didn't encounter a single rogue or paladin. My strongest matchup seemed to be Warrior and weakest was Hunter/Warlock. Slightly better win percentage with the coin but it's fairly negligible.

I wonder will these stats hold up at 100 games.....

I had 1 twilight drake.

Then, in the last 5 or 6 packs I've got 4 twilight drakes and 1 golden twilight drake.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Needs moar drakes.

I still dont have most epics ??!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Btw next expansion pack is going to be 100 cards and released in the form of a new booster; not sure how that will play out long term though (i.e. will it go magic style with a gazillion various boosters and the need to buy all types or a new combined package or lower crafting cost on old cards etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Back into this playing a totems deck. Having fun for now (rank 15).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I know TB has a tendency to split a community down the middle but I have to say his latest video on constructed (he only do gimmick decks) with his Death rattle deck had me in stitches.

Paladin is dead on ladder.

Out of the last 65 games this is the breakdown of my opponents.

Warlock: 15 (12 zoo, 6 of which were bots)
    Hunter : 12
    Druid : 9
    Shaman : 9 (6 of which were bots)
    Priest : 9
    Warrior : 4
    Mage : 3
    Rogue : 3
    Paladin : 1

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Nody wrote: »
    I know TB has a tendency to split a community down the middle but I have to say his latest video on constructed (he only do gimmick decks) with his Death rattle deck had me in stitches.

Yeah, he splits because he's a bit painful to watch sometimes because he makes quite a lot of mistakes compared to most of the other popular streamers and he articulates his thoughts all the time which makes it worse! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

nesf wrote: »
    Yeah, he splits because he's a bit painful to watch sometimes because he makes quite a lot of mistakes compared to most of the other popular streamers and he articulates his thoughts all the time which makes it worse! :D

There was a bit there were he was hoping to top deck a deathwing, and I was just thinking, as soon as you do, I reckon Silvanas is just going to nick it... (?)

Some of the misplays are so obviously wrong (thats something coming from me!), and more often then not with hilariously stupid results, I think it kind of adds to it :p

Wossack wrote: »
    There was a bit there were he was hoping to top deck a deathwing, and I was just thinking, as soon as you do, I reckon Silvanas is just going to nick it... (?)

Some of the misplays are so obviously wrong (thats something coming from me!), and more often then not with hilariously stupid results, I think it kind of adds to it :p

He constantly misses card combinations I'd expect anyone playing CCGs for a while to spot. A lot of the mistakes he makes are very "beginner-like" like miscounting mana, messing up order of effects (e.g. thinking you can combo Kel'thusad and Deathwing) and similar. It's a bit painful because he talks in too definite and serious a tone. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

He constantly misses card combinations I'd expect anyone playing CCGs for a while to spot. A lot of the mistakes he makes are very "beginner-like" like miscounting mana, messing up order of effects (e.g. thinking you can combo Kel'thusad and Deathwing) and similar. It's a bit painful because he talks in too definite and serious a tone. :P

His gaming logic has become very erratic in the last two years, not just in hearthstone. I think its to do with his chemo treatments. I had to stop watching, it was really painful to see something done so wrong over and over again.

Regardless of his inability to grasp simple concepts, his meta reasoning on games is usually spot on.

Paladin is dead on ladder.

Out of the last 65 games this is the breakdown of my opponents.

Warlock: 15 (12 zoo, 6 of which were bots)
    Hunter : 12
    Druid : 9
    Shaman : 9 (6 of which were bots)
    Priest : 9
    Warrior : 4
    Mage : 3
    Rogue : 3
    Paladin : 1
    Well only Pally that would work is a rush one but then you might as well go Warlock/Hunter until the top 10 levels when control will start to matter.

Well only Pally that would work is a rush one but then you might as well go Warlock/Hunter until the top 10 levels when control will start to matter.

Control pally works. I'm using it at about 57% win rate and there are a couple control pallies in legend.....its just not as good as a bunch of other decks. Our hero power actually hurts us against most classes and we have the only hero power that isn't useful the turn it's used....unlike the other 8 classes. It needs a rework.

Zoo and Hunter need tweaking.

Control pally works. I'm using it at about 57% win rate and there are a couple control pallies in legend.....its just not as good as a bunch of other decks. Our hero power actually hurts us against most classes and we have the only hero power that isn't useful the turn it's used....unlike the other 8 classes. It needs a rework.

Zoo and Hunter need tweaking.

Given how long we'll probably be waiting for new cards and most zoo cards aren't OP themselves I wonder could they buff something that doesn't get any play?

Like make Mana Wraith a 2-3 or only effect your opponent.

Na they wont do that. They aren't going to buff cards at this stage. When is the last time they buffed a card?

They should, but they wont. If you go through each class, they all have cards that are simply awful. Well under value and next to useless. There are plenty of neutral cards that are garbage too.

They wont touch hero powers either. The paladin one needs a total redesign or needs to be given charge to be useful. The warlock one is too powerful and probably needs to take 3 health per tap due to the overwhelming power that is card draw. And so on.

They might nerf cards. They've done it before and even though officially they have said they are "done tweaking existing cards" I cant see the current state of hunter/zoo lasting forever. They tried to combat it with the naxx cards but unfortunately, some of the cards they intended to help against rush decks actually help them i.e haunted creeper.

The next expansion is just going to be new cards in booster packs. I don't think we will see another Naxx style "adventure". There is more money in just new cards in new packs. And we wont be waiting that long for it.

It's easier to "fix" the game by adding another 100 cards as opposed to fixing all the broken one in existence.

• Advertisement

I have no question that it work; the point was leveling up (hence the comment about the top 10 levels were control matters, that's level 9 to legendary) because you're going to face more then faceroll warlock/hunter all the time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I have no question that it work; the point was leveling up (hence the comment about the top 10 levels were control matters, that's level 9 to legendary) because you're going to face more then faceroll warlock/hunter all the time :P

Actually it's the complete opposite at the moment. The low ranks and legend are pretty much all hunter and aggro decks at the moment. You see far more variation in the higher ranks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

Wossack wrote: »
    managed 5:3 last night with a paly deck - the lost games were all really close (1 or 2 hp in it in 2 games - smushed in the last one though). Was 3:0 at stage point too, so happy with that

personal record last night with 8:3 as priest

got a good draft I think - managed a couple of divine spirit lightspawn plays etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Miracle Rogue *sigh*

I was doigna priest mirror, I got a turn 2 4/7 blademaster.

turn 5 I had two 4/11 blademasters. Pretty fast concede :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Na they wont do that. They aren't going to buff cards at this stage. When is the last time they buffed a card?

They should, but they wont. If you go through each class, they all have cards that are simply awful. Well under value and next to useless. There are plenty of neutral cards that are garbage too.

They wont touch hero powers either. The paladin one needs a total redesign or needs to be given charge to be useful. The warlock one is too powerful and probably needs to take 3 health per tap due to the overwhelming power that is card draw. And so on.

They might nerf cards. They've done it before and even though officially they have said they are "done tweaking existing cards" I cant see the current state of hunter/zoo lasting forever. They tried to combat it with the naxx cards but unfortunately, some of the cards they intended to help against rush decks actually help them i.e haunted creeper.

The next expansion is just going to be new cards in booster packs. I don't think we will see another Naxx style "adventure". There is more money in just new cards in new packs. And we wont be waiting that long for it.

It's easier to "fix" the game by adding another 100 cards as opposed to fixing all the broken one in existence.

Of course they will have more Naxx style adventures. It's not a case of either release a big batch of cards or an adventure, both will happen.

Any good card game needs functionally bad cards as much as good ones, that's part of the balance too. As the card base expands the types of valid builds will increase, it's only because the game is in it's infancy that these topics are issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Miracle Rogue *sigh*

Not a personal attack at all but, Miracle is nowhere near as bad as it was a few seasons ago, are people still complaining about this deck? Naxx was a huge nerf to miracle, it's viable but in no way OP anymore

Ramza wrote: »
    Not a personal attack at all but, Miracle is nowhere near as bad as it was a few seasons ago, are people still complaining about this deck? Naxx was a huge nerf to miracle, it's viable but in no way OP anymore

Miracle Rogue top of the deck OTK's are still as annoying though. :P

Miracle Rogue top of the deck OTK's are still as annoying though. :P

I think Leroy is really the problem.

Just **** off Leroy.

Along with Auto-Squelch it'd be nice to have an option to mute all enemy minions.

I find it a lot more relaxing to be listening to a podcast or something and turning off the audio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Haha a lot of off the top **** is annoying :P but really miracle has really been toned down now, it's good in tournaments for sure but in ladder/ranked, it's not holding up as well

Advertisement