Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will we finish ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

6th is our most likely position

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

mickman wrote: »
    6th is our most likely position

Im saying 6th as well although hoping we get back on a winning run but we are not up to the current top 4 teams. Ok Hull match was a draw we could of won but at this stage why are we ever suprised at what happens at Tottenham ., I would not be surprised either if Man U catch us and we end in 7th.

Edit. Liverpool drawing today actually still leave 4th spot possible. spurs just need to cop on. Next game against Everton at home is a big one and we should be picking from a full squad. Let's see what our players are made of next Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

irishmover wrote: »
    I dunno we seem awful one sided there!

Ha, fair enough but there is nobody to play on left.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

3ships wrote: »
    Ha, fair enough but there is nobody to play on left.

we could do with playing rose left wing and jan as leftback:cool:

cos rose is great going forward but cant defend as a true lb should

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

looking forward, Van Gaal could be the man:

“Am I still in contact with Spurs? There will come a moment that I can talk about that.

“Look at my CV. I have won a trophy every season during my club career.

“I am a winner and craving a trophy. This is why I am sick of being a national coach. I only see the players eight times a year. I am not enjoying the job of national coach at all.

“After the World Cup I want to coach a big club again and win trophies. Otherwise I will retire.’’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭SuprSi

He'd be a massive appointment by the club, the manager with the most pedigree we'd ever have had. If he was given the necessary backing by the board he could do really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

SuprSi wrote: »
    He'd be a massive appointment by the club, the manager with the most pedigree we'd ever have had. If he was given the necessary backing by the board he could do really well.

What age is Van Gaal, hopefully wouldn't be pre-retirement winding down job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭SuprSi

62 years young

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

He's in his 60's, can't see what difference it would make. Pellegrini is fairly decrepit.

Total Football lads, wins trophies at every club he goes to.

He'd have five good years left in him, no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Total Football lads, wins trophies at every club he goes to.

A spell at WHL will put a swift end to that record!

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    He's in his 60's, can't see what difference it would make. Pellegrini is fairly decrepit.

Remember Trapatoni? Too fukn lazy to go to matches to watch players and potential players. I am not saying this is the case, maybe he will be full of enthusiasm, just not sure. Of course I could be one hundred per cent wrong.

I would give Tim till the end of the season see where we finish first. If he gets fourth maybe we wont need anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Remember Trapatoni? Too fukn lazy to go to matches to watch players and potential players. I am not saying this is the case, maybe he will be full of enthusiasm, just not sure. Of course I could be one hundred per cent wrong.

I would give Tim till the end of the season see where we finish first. If he gets fourth maybe we wont need anyone else.

Unfortunately I can't see that happening, we lack the firepower of Liverpool/Utd. Add that to a wishy washy defense. Another year of Europa League beckons.
    Sherwood managing Tottenham in the CL, now that's funny.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Unfortunately I can't see that happening, we lack the firepower of Liverpool/Utd. Add that to a wishy washy defense. Another year of Europa League beckons.
    Sherwood managing Tottenham in the CL, now that's funny.

I did say IF we reach fourth. I agree with you I don't see us finishing fourth either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Fergie said (I think) that managers are in their peak at 60. Would love to see Van Gaal at the Lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Being in his 60's makes no difference, look what Redknapp did for us in his 60's and look what happened when we hired a man in his mid 30's. With Levy at the helm there is no point thinking about long term plans, we might aswell go for some short term success which hopefully Van Gaal could bring.

Did someone say Laudrup?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Did someone say Laudrup?

Lots of people did, but I wasn't one myself. Don't think he deserved the push at Swansea just yet but it just goes to show how quick and easy your stock can rise and fall in the EPL. 12 months ago he was tipped as the next big thing, now it Martinez, next year it could be Sherwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Martin567

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Being in his 60's makes no difference, look what Redknapp did for us in his 60's and look what happened when we hired a man in his mid 30's.

What happened? The man in his 30s got a higher points total in his one full season than the man in his 60s ever did with arguably a weaker squad!

Martin567 wrote: »
    What happened? The man in his 30s got a higher points total in his one full season than the man in his 60s ever did with arguably a weaker squad!

Redknapp finished 4th twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Not this debate again.

Not this debate again.

There is no debtae, Redknapp was one of our most successful managers ever, we may not have liked all of his attributes and he shafted us/himself in the second half of the 2011/2012 season. But, I can vividly remember Spurs togging out at the San Siro and Bernabeu and that was a glorious feeling!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Martin567 wrote: »

Yes he did, but my point was more that appointing a younger man does not mean a forward plan and long term stability. I do feel this record points total is sometimes overstated as league position at the end is what counts and not points totals, anyway my preference would be for Van Gaal even though he is 62.

There is no debtae, Redknapp was one of our most successful managers ever, we may not have liked all of his attributes and he shafted us/himself in the second half of the 2011/2012 season. But, I can vividly remember Spurs togging out at the San Siro and Bernabeu and that was a glorious feeling!

It is a debate. One I'm not getting dragged back into. It's been talked to bloody death on here at this stage. Only ever ends up going round in circles.

Like you know, your post right there. Has been said before!

THFC wrote: »
    Fergie said (I think) that managers are in their peak at 60. Would love to see Van Gaal at the Lane.

If Sir Alex said it, it is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Good article...

http://www.spurs-web.com/app/tottenham-top-six-analysis/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=tottenham-top-six-analysis

He says we're over-performing, and has argument to explain why.

But, related to this thread, he thinks we'll need 76 points to definitely secure a Top 4 finish. That's an average of 2 points per game.

We're currently averaging 1.83. From our remaining 14 games we need 32 point, or an average of 2.28.

I think our last 6 games are all winnable. 18 points.

Meaning, in an ideal world, we will have to get 14 points from the next 8 games up to that point... including, Everton, Newcastle, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool..... also, Norwich, Cardiff and Southampton.

Uh oh... it'll be very tight!!

I'm just after waking up and havent had my cup of tea yet... But isn't that average points wrong?

24 games = maximum points 72.

Spurs on 44.

72/44 = 1.66 pts/game rounding up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I'm just after waking up and havent had my cup of tea yet... But isn't that average points wrong?

24 games = maximum points 72.

Spurs on 44.

72/44 = 1.66 pts/game rounding up.

Think it's more than tea you need.

We've played 24 games. We've got 44 points. So to get our average points per game you divide 44 by 24...... and get 1.83.

Think it's more than tea you need.

We've played 24 games. We've got 44 points. So to get our average points per game you divide 44 by 24...... and get 1.83.

Average points per games. Yeh you see I wasn't thinking of it like that at all... Most worrying thing is I'm supposed to be a Surveyor. Back to bed I go.

• Advertisement

Average points per games. Yeh you see I wasn't thinking of it like that at all... Most worrying thing is I'm supposed to be a Surveyor. Back to bed I go.

Not your fault at all, being a Spurs fan damages your brain.

Advertisement