Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will we finish ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

irishmover wrote: »
    Average points per games. Yeh you see I wasn't thinking of it like that at all... Most worrying thing is I'm supposed to be a Surveyor. Back to bed I go.

You probably went to Bolton St, that would explain it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

You probably went to Bolton St, that would explain it;)

Suppose I never should have revealed that as someone was bound to know...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Wow, some display from Liverpool. You have to hand it to them, they're looking class this season and shoe-in's for at least 4th, if not higher, especially on this form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I know us Spurs fans know all to well what it feels to be losing by five but this game has cheered me up no end. I just couldn't stop laughing after the fifth one. I also know it may not be in our best interest for liverpool to get three points but life can be a drudge and we all deserve a good laugh. I even lost money and I am not usually happy at losing money. I'v had my comedy for the week now.

Oh ye the question is "where will we finish?" That's for tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    I know us Spurs fans know all to well what it feels to be losing by five but this game has cheered me up no end. I just couldn't stop laughing after the fifth one. I also know it may not be in our best interest for liverpool to get three points but life can be a drudge and we all deserve a good laugh. I even lost money and I am not usually happy at losing money. I'v had my comedy for the week now.

Oh ye the question is "where will we finish?" That's for tomorrow.

Brimming from ear to ear here \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Just something I noticed last time Arsenal got beaten badly.

Each time they lose or drop points to a weaker team, our next result ain't so pretty.

6th Oct. Arsenal draw 1-1 with WBA .... we lost 3-0 at home to West ham same day.

10th Nov. Arsenal lose their first match day 1st day of season to United 1-0 ... we have a awful 1-0 lose to Newcastle at WHL

8th Dec - Everton 1- 1 Arsenal at the Emirates ... on the 12th Dec they lose again 6-3 to Man City and oh how we laughed ... until our next game on the 15th Dec when we got hammered 5-0 by Liverpool

23rd Dec they drop points to Chelsea in a 0-0 ... we play awful and finish 0-0 with WBA in our next game on the 26th

28th of Jan, they drop points in the title race away to Southampton (2-2) ... next day we lose 5-1 at home to Man City in another spanking.

So as sure as day follows night, when Arsenal get beaten ... so too do Spurs.

Just something I noticed last time Arsenal got beaten badly.

Each time they lose or drop points to a weaker team, our next result ain't so pretty.

6th Oct. Arsenal draw 1-1 with WBA .... we lost 3-0 at home to West ham same day.

10th Nov. Arsenal lose their first match day 1st day of season to United 1-0 ... we have a awful 1-0 lose to Newcastle at WHL

8th Dec - Everton 1- 1 Arsenal at the Emirates ... on the 12th Dec they lose again 6-3 to Man City and oh how we laughed ... until our next game on the 15th Dec when we got hammered 5-0 by Liverpool

23rd Dec they drop points to Chelsea in a 0-0 ... we play awful and finish 0-0 with WBA in our next game on the 26th

28th of Jan, they drop points in the title race away to Southampton (2-2) ... next day we lose 5-1 at home to Man City in another spanking.

So as sure as day follows night, when Arsenal get beaten ... so too do Spurs.

Now why did ya have ta go and do that? It was a really happy Saturday.

Fcuk it anyway, the law of averages says we are due to win one of these. Now!

Well there goes that pattern! Thank God.

Alot of talk about Liverpool been back into the title hunt after yesterdays results and the fact that they are only 6 points off the top with equal games played.
    But "crisis" club Spurs are only 3 points behind them! "Tis a funny old game"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭yiddo59

5th slipping up away to the bingo boys in the last away day of the season.

Well we won't finish ahead of Liverpool. As according to every Liverpool fan they're going to win the league after beating Fulham via 92nd penalty.

I can understand their optimism as it's been the first season they've looked decent in a few years but the fans of old are really back out in storm now. It reminds me why I don't like Liverpool. Far too much like Man United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Well we won't finish ahead of Liverpool. As according to every Liverpool fan they're going to win the league after beating Fulham via 92nd penalty.

I can understand their optimism as it's been the first season they've looked decent in a few years but the fans of old are really back out in storm now. It reminds me why I don't like Liverpool. Far too much like Man United.

You'd swear they won the league last night, there's twelve games to go? When they posed a similar question to Ade ( x amount of points off Chelsea) he shot it down. I think for once this season players have kept quite. Maybe they realize trophies dont get given out at this stage. I thought we'd crumble, fúck me but Sherwood is doing a fantastic job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I don't blame Liverpool fans at all. They've been starved of success in recent years and now they're 4 points off the lead in mid February. Of course they're gonna get excited, especially with the amount of goals they're scoring.

The fact that it was only Fulham they beat is less significant than the fact that they pulled a victory from the jaws of defeat. No matter who you beat, those are the games that make your season. The kind United used to sickeningly scrape all the time under Fergie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

Its a good thing that we are not seen as a threat. Hopefully Liverpool players believe that too...

Ormus wrote: »
    I don't blame Liverpool fans at all. They've been starved of success in recent years and now they're 4 points off the lead in mid February. Of course they're gonna get excited, especially with the amount of goals they're scoring.

The fact that it was only Fulham they beat is less significant than the fact that they pulled a victory from the jaws of defeat. No matter who you beat, those are the games that make your season. The kind United used to sickeningly scrape all the time under Fergie.

You need to go have a look at their new thread in the soccer forum and the pages in their old thread after the Fulham game.

I don't quite think you know the full extent of the Liverpool supporters exaggeration.

Just look at where believing we'd get top 4 got us. It may be better to just slip in there under the radar

Just look at where believing we'd get top 4 got us. It may be better to just slip in there under the radar

Definitely. Couldn't agree more. Just hope the players continue to remain quiet.

You need to go have a look at their new thread in the soccer forum and the pages in their old thread after the Fulham game.

I don't quite think you know the full extent of the Liverpool supporters exaggeration.

Haha, well I would think that if you go on a Liverpool thread you should expect to hear a lotta nonsense about Liverpool.

I was hearing some disturbing comments from our own fans this time last season, and there are far less of us and we were further off the lead.

It's definitely exciting for them to be so close to the lead so late in the season.

Then again we're only 7 off the lead ourselves. I think we know we're not good enough this season though, unless we really start hitting some form.

Definitely. Couldn't agree more. Just hope the players continue to remain quiet.

Yeah I can't stand it when players come out with dumb comments about winning the league or even top 4. Those comments can never be anything but a hindrance. Don't talk about it, just do it.

Haha, well I would think that if you go on a Liverpool thread you should expect to hear a lotta nonsense about Liverpool.

I was hearing some disturbing comments from our own fans this time last season, and there are far less of us and we were further off the lead.

It's definitely exciting for them to be so close to the lead so late in the season.

Then again we're only 7 off the lead ourselves. I think we know we're not good enough this season though, unless we really start hitting some form.

Yeh I guess thankfully our community here is a lot smaller than on the soccer forum. It was just horrendous reading. Had to go away from it. Thankfully had no interest in posting, would have just led to an onslaught of more abuse anyway.

They're perfectly entitled to react whatever way they like. I just can't believe the extent of the reaction after a late win against Fulham. They've a shaky defence aswell so you just can't really say. They could do with taking a knock and a Fulham defeat would have been great.

Our away form is fantastic so I'm praying that follows through when we play them at Anfield. I'm more confident at Anfield even with their home record than at WHL. It would be nice to slip right in and pop them or Arsenal for 4th or 3rd but it's highly unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

It doesn’t look great for Soldado, does it? Once the team are winning he’ll be kept on the bench. The team spirit must be fantastic, and he’s hardly been a part of that? It’s terrible having to rely on one striker. I’d imagine he’ll be given a few minutes here or there, but I don’t see us playing two up top anytime soon, well not once the midfield can contribute?

He’ll lead the line in the EL as I can’t see Ade being used, will this competition come back to haunt & wound us? He’s got to find some form, he sees how much effort Ade puts in, he’ll have to follow suit. Even though he’s been unable to find his goal scoring form, I don’t think we’d have a probably finding a suitor for him in Spain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Here's my realistic prediction..... if we are within 5 points of Liverpool (in fourth) after we play them in Anfield...... then, based on the remaining fixture we'll both have at that stage, I think we can pip them for 4th by the end of the season.

But, Sssssssshhhhhhh....... don't tell anyone I said that.

Here's my realistic prediction..... if we are within 5 points of Liverpool (in fourth) after we play them in Anfield...... then, based on the remaining fixture we'll both have at that stage, I think we can pip them for 4th by the end of the season.

But, Sssssssshhhhhhh....... don't tell anyone I said that.

I'm reporting your post in the hope it's removed. Optimism is not allowed!!

Somebody change the forum guidelines.

We play 2 of the worst teams in the division next: Norwich and Cardiff. If we could win those two, then have a loss (Chelsea away), win (Southampton home) and draw (Arsenal home) in our next 3 before we go to Anfield, I'd be pretty happy with that.

I know I'm thinking too far ahead but it's hard not to.

We play 2 of the worst teams in the division next: Norwich and Cardiff. If we could win those two, then have a loss (Chelsea away), win (Southampton home) and draw (Arsenal home) in our next 3 before we go to Anfield, I'd be pretty happy with that.

I know I'm thinking too far ahead but it's hard not to.

Stop it with this optimism man :D

The optimism in here makes me admire and hate you all at the same time. :D

As Irishmover said ... it would be nice to pip someone right at the post. (Arsenal or Liverpool preferably)

Have liverpool gone through their 'bad patch' yet, every club gets one in a season. Don't seem to recall them getting one.

My son is a Liverpool fan. He doesn't get too carried away cos he know I'm always here with a big grin when things go wrong for them. Although he is always there to return the favour.

I think liverpool have a chance of the title if they are very lucky with injuries, form and suspensions. They have not got a lot of quality back-up if they were to lose a few players. A couple of injuries and they could struggle for top four.

It could get a bit more interesting with FA cup and Champions league games in the mix. Could give us a little bit of an advantage in making up ground if we ourselves are wise with EL and use it to give game time and confidence to players that need it, whilst blooding younger players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

Our run in is easier than Liverpool's. They keep going on about how they have all the big guns at home instead of away but of all the top 6 besides us we have played the most top 6 games i.e. they are done and out of the way ....after the Liverpool game we will have played all the top 6 twice..

Liverpool have to play Chelsea and Man City in April

To me this is key in the run in...

With the size of Liverpool's squad, fatigue is definitely a possibility.

I'd love to see Aspas get an extended enforced run in the side.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I have to say I always had it in for Liverpool a bit I met some absolute knobs over the years who were your real stereotypical "this is our year types" and I didn't like how they stood by Suarez after the Eves thing and biting (although it's obvious now how right they were given his quality)

Having said that I'd Love to see them win it over Arsenal or City buying the bloody thing again.

They have had a tough few years and we know better then most how quickly the tides can change so I hope they enjoy their moment.

I couldn't be happier for united, they haven't a clue how lucky they have had it over the last 20 years and a reality check will do them good.

I think Chelsea will do it, Jose has enough bottle to get them over the line and his obvious mind games are an absolute joy to watch even if he isn't the most savory of managers.

I'm slowly beginning to believe in a miracle which will probably make it hurt worse if and when we fall short. I still think we'll finish 6th behind united ill be happy with 5th and in with a shot come May and ever so quietly dream of 4th.

• Advertisement

Its the hope that kills ya'

It's amazing how two back to back wins has such an effect on our outlook for the rest of the season.
    Dropped points to norwich and/or Cardiff and we'll all be back in here with pitch-forks, TS out, Levy Out, Soldado Out! Bentaleb Out!

angry_mob_by_acwraith.jpg

.. and I'll be top of the queue :D

Advertisement