Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will we finish ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭SuprSi

FearDark wrote: »
    What happened ye today lads? Was watching the Arsenal game and only caught the result afterwards? Just a blip or something more serious? Do ye think ye can still make a push for the title or was this just a freak result?

Well we haven't been free scoring in the league, which is a slight worry. If a team packs the middle like West Ham did yesterday, it's very difficult for us to break them down. We don't have the width that Bale brought, and also his shooting ability which results in less opportunities.

Hopefully it was just a bad day at the office. You could see after 20 minutes that things weren't working - overall passing was very poor, the players were being closed down very quickly by a hard working West Ham team and they didn't seem to know what to do. I figured that once the first goal went in that West Ham would sit back and defend but I couldn't have been more wrong!

The next match is so important. We'll need a good performance and a few goals otherwise people may start to worry. The only saving grace to this result is that it's happened early in the season. If this happened during the last month or so (like the Fulham result last season) it'd be disastrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

5. THFC - A stronger squad than last season, though a lot of talented individual parts. If the team don't gel quickly, confidence could drop due to the weight of expectation. Norwich and Cardiff, before Chelsea in Sept, and then West Ham, Villa and Hull in October.... if things aren't clicking by the end of October, we can say goodbye to 4th. Probably the most important period in our season. We need at least 12 points from a possible 18 - imo.
    Three weeks ago I said the above about our chances of getting fourth. 12 from 18 is looking good with two games, two good performances and two wins in the bag. Though I will hold judgement until the first week in November.

At the end of September I said the above.

Back then I was looking for 12 points, from the aforementioned 6 games, in order to give us a chance of getting 4th.

Norwich = 3
    Cardiff = 3
    Chelsea = 1
    West Ham = 0
    Villa = 3
    Hull = 3

Total = 13

So, I still think we're on for 4th.

I'd say only one of the above matches was pretty (Norwich), though we all agreed that it takes time to gel/integrate so many new players... and it's obvious it hasn't clicked yet.

If we can pick up 13 points from 18 without it clicking, I really hope it starts clicking after Christmas...... because we could run riot.

Heads up lads!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Massive sign of intent from arsenal today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

mickman wrote: »
    Massive sign of intent from arsenal today

Who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Who?

Arsenal

We can talk about them !

0-3 away to Cardiff is a very good result

• Advertisement

Arsenal

We can talk about them !

It is if your an arsenal fan!

We're going to see the league really take shape over the next four weeks.

Arsenal have Everton, City and Chelsea in their next three games. I'm hoping Everton can put it up to Arsenal and take a draw, City hammer Arsenal at the Etihad and then Chelsea play out a draw against them. Two points from nine, hopefully.

We have Sunderland, Liverpool and Southampton. I can see us getting 7 points from those games. Sunderland aren't as bad as they seem, but we can do them off the back off a Sunderland win, we have a good record at home to Liverpool recently and I see us sharing a draw with Southampton.

Suggestion

Hatch, can we change the title of this thread to 'general league discussion'? Or something along those lines?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Suggestion

Hatch, can we change the title of this thread to 'general league discussion'? Or something along those lines?

Where will we finish ? Will that do ?

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Where will we finish ? Will that do ?

Yeah perfect.

I think the whole 'this could be our year' thing has run its course.

• Advertisement

Yeah perfect.

I think the whole 'this could be our year' thing has run its course.

We may have to change it back later!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Arsenal

We can talk about them !

I see no problem with talking about Arsenal on here,those p****s are flying it at the moment and it kills me to say it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

tippspur wrote: »
    I see no problem with talking about Arsenal on here,those p****s are flying it at the moment and it kills me to say it :mad:

Calm down, they have Everton, City & Chelsea up next;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Calm down, they have Everton, City & Chelsea up next;)

And Southampton

And Southampton

The beat Southampton two weeks ago, 2-0?

Not exactly the right thread but who cares, the results are in, Tottenham Supporters Trust survey voted this image to be the surfing flag for the Park Lane End, should look pretty amazing!
    261j7uu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

The beat Southampton two weeks ago, 2-0?
    They need to be stopped,I can't bare it much longer:(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Couple of results going well for us, but only if we can win.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Couple of results going well for us, but only if we can win.

Yep 2pts off 4th if we win, crisis?

I'm a optimistic and positive Spurs fan, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Two good away wins, but they were against the teams who sit 19th and 20th in the league.

Arsenal dropped two points against Everton and I think they'll drop three against City on Saturday. Then they have a tough home match against Chelsea.

It just shows that you really have to capitalise if you have a run against 'weaker' teams.

Three points against Liverpool and we'll be seriously back in contention.

COYS.

• Advertisement

City prolific at home, should have won by more!

Beat Liverpool tomorrow and we're 5pts off 1st!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Kos a massive loss for Arsenal, would argue that he and Mert are their 2 most important players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

A win tomorrow would be a fantastic result. Its been a strange season, playing bad but still up there near the top of table. We have to click sometime I suppose, hopefully thats against Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

... and yet some on here are calling for AVB to be sacked. Or is he an okay manager again?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

It'll get very tight at the top if we win today. For all the football Arsenal have played, especially in comparison with us, they'll only be 5 points clear. Don't think they're nailed on for CL just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭oppiuy

7th

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

Glebee wrote: »
    A win tomorrow would be a fantastic result. Its been a strange season, playing bad but still up there near the top of table. We have to click sometime I suppose, hopefully thats against Liverpool.

****ing hell. It's worse it's getting. Don't know what the solution is but at this stage it's pointing to AVB

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Even when Arsenal lose 6-3, they still manage to have a better weekend than us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Yep 2pts off 4th if we win, crisis?

Not having a go at you in particular Leinsterspur but I've been cringing at these comments for weeks, nearly as bad as the "we could actually do it" debacle that started this thread in particular.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Not having a go at you in particular Leinsterspur but I've been cringing at these comments for weeks, nearly as bad as the "we could actually do it" debacle that started this thread in particular.

For what reason ? I was at the game and I expected us to win. Most people did?

Advertisement