Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there jobs out there.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Is it going to be the case where the future is more bleak for low and no-skill jobs? Since so many menial, repetitive tasks have been automated and soon even the likes of transport (Google cars and similar technology) will be done by computers, what options do those with a low IQ, or not suited for our academic situation have when it comes preparing for a changing jobs markets?

I don't think it'll take too long before taxi and truck drivers start to get worried about being replaced with automated vehicles.

Probably an extreme case but it makes me think of the quote from I, Robot: "You could see a carpenter, makin' a beautiful chair, and then one of your robots comes in, and makes a better chair, twice as fast."

Advertisement