Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gotham (Fox) [** Spoilers **]

Options
1303132333436»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Victor has always be a great addition to an episode.

Ivy is some eye-candy too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Long wait until the series finale...

S5E10:
    I Am Bane
    - 21st March
    S5E11:
    They Did What?
    - 18th April (rumoured airdate)
    S5E12 (Series Finale):
    The Beginning...
    - 25th April

Only 3 episodes left, but six weeks until the finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

About this week
    Bane sounded very like Dark Knight Rises Bane.

And prediction based on this week
    I'm guessing Barbara dies leading them to name the daughter after her

Though now we have to wait until April 18th for some reason. Did Fox realise they have nothing to fill the slot so decided to stretch it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Ah jaysus the wait between episodes is sick
    Spoilers below....

This weeks episode is absolutely class. One of my favourites.

Penguin and riddler being the comic goody baddies is class.

The scene with barbara shooting in the wheelchair would make a cool poster!

Bane looks better now. Sounds good. Few cool scenes walking through the fire.

New lady looks like shes made from plastic

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

Gotham-Poster-720x1067.jpg

So they are getting a 6'4" double to play Batman in the time jump but close ups of the face will be David Mazouz under the cowl and he will voice Batman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

Mr. J trailer (they still aren’t allowed to call him Joker). Interesting design choice the hair is the oddest part but that may have been forced on them by WB.

New episode out and finale next week
    So this week was pretty much the series finale with next week basically acting as an epilogue.
    This one got pieces into place such as Penguin's eye, Barbara being named, Bruce heading off and Jim getting his new job.

I did a wee rewatch of the opening scenes from the season premiere and unfortunately they didn't match up. Things like Oswald getting ready in his office and the siege taking place at night to smaller things like positions on the barricade.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I don't know who plays Nyssa Al Ghul but she is so terrible her acting reminds me of the Mortal Kombat movies.
    Considering how big the plot points were for this & the wait it was a pretty weak episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Daxve wrote: »
    Gotham-Poster-720x1067.jpg

So they are getting a 6'4" double to play Batman in the time jump but close ups of the face will be David Mazouz under the cowl and he will voice Batman.

I could tell it was his voice in the trailer for the final episode. Obviously it's been modified, but I like it. Cannot wait for next week.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    About this week
    Bane sounded very like Dark Knight Rises Bane.

And prediction based on this week
    I'm guessing Barbara dies leading them to name the daughter after her

Though now we have to wait until April 18th for some reason. Did Fox realise they have nothing to fill the slot so decided to stretch it out?

Regarding your prediction, I was full sure that that was gonna happen this episode.
    I'm curious why her hair is long and red in the future. It's obviously a prelude/shout-out to young Babs when she would inevitably don the cape and cowl, (so obviously) but like why the change from short and blonde? Unless she's a natural red head all this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,298 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

One of the original cast stepped down and is being recast for the finale episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

One of the original cast stepped down and is being recast for the finale episode.

Well that’s a strange one

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Well that’s a strange one
    Statement from the actress. Finale is set 10 years later so can understand why she would want the role recast with an older actress
    https://twitter.com/camrenbicondova/status/1119316098166423552?s=21

I know Lili best from Banshee but will see how she does in this. I'm guessing she'll be less naked.

Hopefully not a naked Catwoman would be a ratings puller.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭corkie

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I know Lili best from Banshee but will see how she does in this. I'm guessing she'll be less naked.

Had to look her up, briefly known her as 'New Clementine' ~~ Westworld.

MV5BMjE4Njg2ODExNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTQzODI4Mw@@._V1_.jpg

Hope Camren Bicondova, get's more film/TV roles soon, she played the role well.

MV5BOWE3NjkxMDYtMGNkNS00ODAwLTg4YTQtYzRmM2Q4NGEzN2QzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzE2MDM2ODM@._V1_UY317_CR51,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Very gracious of Camren as she's been a highlight I'm the show. Thought she was stellar in season 2 in particular. Will be weird seeing Mazouz do a convincing
    10 year time jump
    but I don't begrudge him one bit - kid has been dreaming of this moment for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,271 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Camren would have been only 12/13 when she got the role. Probably got a poor contract. She’s a great actress and will hopefully do well for herself.

An enjoyable finale.

I feel sorry for Mazouz......
    We never get to see him in the finale or as Batman that was a body double and I'm not even sure it's his voice used.

Simmons was grand but nothing Carmen couldn't have done herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Good finale but apart from Penguin and Selina nobody aged. They could have tried

The final season is starting on E4 very soon, according to a trailer I seen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

An enjoyable finale.

I feel sorry for Mazouz......
    We never get to see him in the finale or as Batman that was a body double and I'm not even sure it's his voice used.

Simmons was grand but nothing Carmen couldn't have done herself.
    Was that not Mazouz's face possibly aged up at the end? I'd say it was his voice alright with effects applied.

Great way to finish off anyway; was a reminder of what this show was capable of at its best.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I have the last 3 episodes left to watch for this evening, looking forward to it

The internet isn’t for everyone

I WANT MORE! As finales go, granted it wasn't 10/10 spectacular but it was pretty damn good!
    The scene where Bruce saved Jim and Barbara-Lee, that batarang to Jeremiah's hand!

I do wish we actually 'saw' Bruce in the time jump. But I guess because they re-cast Selena, it wouldn't make sense to have him look the same and she not. It was a shame it wasn't Camren herself cos she was one of the highlights of the show, but gotta respect her decision for the recast. That scene between Selena/Bruce almost tugged at the heartstrings. Love the way that ended when he asked her to return the diamond and she said no chance.

I think it was David's voice that was used, with effects obviously.

I was beginning to think they were going to pull a Smallville.

Clearly Jim and Bullock have good eyesight to see him from that far away.

Still a bit confused as to why Harvey was so scared considering Jeremiah's plan seemed pretty much just to get Jim to Ace.

And it was David in the costume and his voice used. When he was talking to Jim in the warehouse, you could tell it was his voice behind the effects

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Now that is how to finish off a show, I was surprised to see Bullock survive to the end but the finishing really setup a great potential Batman series, you wouldn't have to change anyone. I agree with recasting Celina, the actress playing her is only 19 ffs, I'm glad they didn't recast Bruce though, just leave him as an aloof billionaire was spot on imo

Am I the only 1 that wants to see a Penguin/Riddler spin off, probably the best portrayal of the characters in the DC universe yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Ah so bullock survives then
    Cheers for that spoiler

Sorry about that, but the episode has aired so I didn't think I needed to spoiler my post.

Didn’t you notice the pattern of others using spoiler tags
    We aren’t all at the same pace

I just noticed the network referenced in thread title as well as the reference to spoilers in it also. If it was the same day of the release I might have thought something of it but I was over a day after the release so I didn't see the need

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Agree 100% penguin and riddler need a spin-off.

Theyre such good actors and have buckets of charisma.

The creator of gotham is making an unrelated alfred pennyworth series.

Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭bren2001

Didn't you notice the spoilers warning in the thread title. Dont click into a thread if you aren't up to date with the show if you don't want to see spoilers. It's your own fault.

• Advertisement

[***Spoilers***] literally in thread title.............................

Honestly I'd love to see it continued from this point on. Isn't going to happen but I'd love a live-action Batman TV series (don't mention that cr*p with Adam West a million years ago). NOT PART OF THE ARROWVERSE EITHER, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

There are rumours of a Selena spin-off, seemingly her 10 years while Bruce was gone. The director is trying to fight for it anyway. Would love to see Penguin and Riddler in it too. But then again they were banged up for most of them 10 years.

Advertisement