Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gotham (Fox) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

That was brilliant, just end it there, no need for anything else just leave it, you can see how the villians got to where they are, you can see the start of Batman, you can see how Gotham has descended into chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Introducing new mask characters is nearly unnecessary

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

"creepy masked people" are rumoured to be Mother and Orphan or at least Gothams version of them.

Also in that final villians montage was Man Bat

Decent ending that would have served well enough as a series finale had it come to it.

It will be interesting to see how far they take the killing joke reference. I just can't see them leaving Silena with spinal damage but they have deviated quite far with Barbara Kean so there could be a different Batgirl in this continuity and the whole Mother and Orphan bit ties into that, not that it will ever get there with just 13 episodes left.

I really don't know what they've been trying to achieve with Ra's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

The villains have truly risen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

No way in hell are they going to leave Selena crippled, though that was a nice little nod to The Killing Joke I must say. The one thing I didn't like was the angle they took with Butch. Back when he was killed off and his real name was revealed I was like, "sh!!!!!!t Grundy". And then we got Grundy. Then Grundy no more.... for 5 minutes and now Butch no more again. Looking back I'm kinda surprised how I didn't see it coming, but like what now? Is Grundy gonna rise again or are they just gonna keep him dead this time? I did love the little setup they did of all the villains at the end, a small compilation of all Batman's villain gallery all claiming turf. The dawn of the Gotham that needs Batman. That was very well done I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

really good season finale

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So finally got up to date (about 10 episodes over the past week) and looking forward to next season now, with all those teases.

Wonder if they'll get the third "Joker" out of Cameron as well. He's as good at portraying the multiple roles as Tatiana Maslany is in Orphan Black.
    It is annoying WB won't let them actually use the Joker name, but we all know that's who he is. Both times. :)

Liked the 60's Batman theme at the concert.

How lucky were Barbara, Tabitha and all the Jeremiah's men have really bad aim and can't shoot them when standing still a few feet away.

Wonder if Mother and Orphan will somehow be Sofia and Martin.

And may I say at one point during this season, they probably had the hottest female cast of any tv series currently airing with the likes of Peyton List, Crystal Reed, Morena Baccarin, Jessica Lucas and Erin Richards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Season five starts on January 3rd and episode count increased from 10 to 12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭BandMember

The next season is the final one, yes?

• Advertisement

BandMember wrote: »
    The next season is the final one, yes?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Arcsurvivor

Love the villains in this show. They make the characters come alive and put their own spin on them.

Love the villains in this show. They make the characters come alive and put their own spin on them.

Except Fish

Thanks for that preview clip. Really looking forward to the new season, although still disappointed that it was cancelled as there was so much potential left in it.

BandMember wrote: »
    Thanks for that preview clip. Really looking forward to the new season, although still disappointed that it was cancelled as there was so much potential left in it.

At least they knew they were cancelled and got a final season to tie up the story. A lot of shows get cancelled ending with huge cliffhangers and such.

tbh i think bane looks terrible.

could be a great character. but his outfit looks cheap.

I wonder if there's any chance that this could be picked up by some streaming service or other if the new season goes well?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

It's funny the Arrowverse got the Dark Knight Rises Bane mask as an Easter Egg and the Batwoman mask is very like the Nolan film designs yet Gotham got some poor design choices that Bane mask is not good.

I think WB want this finished they have Titans and then there's the Pennyworth series coming series 5 will be it's end whether anyone is willing to pick it up or not.

Trailer looks decent enough hopefully it goes out on a high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Full trailer for the final season. (And containing many spoilers.) :)

• Advertisement

Good opening episode. Big episode spoiler in the next line
    Sad to see her go (and not just because of being hot and the outfits)but she was the most expendable of the main characters due to not really having as much of a role in the comics.

Saw her name in the credits but was Jaime Murray in this episode?

I think Riddler's missing time has something to do with Lee and not Ed, since the recap showed Strange planning something for both of them.

Was that Gotham's version of Harley?

CastorTroy wrote: »

She is recurring this season so even though she was not in this episode she would still show in the credits. She is playing
    Theresa Walker who will be this season’s big bad

• Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Good opening episode. Big episode spoiler in the next line

Was that
    her on the phone at the end

Was that
    her on the phone at the end

Probably was

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Where did you see it? Checked Netflix and it's not there yet. Assume it won't be for another while or even on TV over here for that matter.

Don't know when it airs here. geektown has it for Spring 2019 on E4. Has the last season been on RTE yet?
    She is recurring this season so even though she was not in this episode she would still show in the credits.

I knew she was recurring but she was listed as guest star, which is why I expected to see her. Maybe it was the voice.

Spoilers spoilers spoilers

Sad to see T go too. But mainly for the outfits lol

Love this show. So surprised it's not more popular.

Scarecrow looks excellent.

Cool teaser too with everyone working together to fight the army for some rrason...ima guess that jeremiah will blow up the city or something if the army comes in so they have to hold off the army til Bruce at al beat jeremiah

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm not a fan of jumping forward and then back cause it let's you know who's going to survive and who's not but still great opener and setup for the series

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Clareman wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of jumping forward and then back cause it let's you know who's going to survive and who's not but still great opener and setup for the series

Not sure it really matters as there are certain characters- penguin, joker, the riddler, selina and poison ivy that they just can't kill before Bruce becomes batman. That doesn't leave many characters for them to kill now. I would be interested in whether Barbara gets pregnant by Gordon!

• Advertisement

Exactly.

It's the price you pay for a show like this.

Every situation with Bruce you know he survives

That's one the reasons why game of thrones is so popular. Anyone can die.

Also why jeremiah death was so cool season 2. Cos assumed he'd be joker and then he died

Advertisement