Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gotham (Fox) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

i'm kind of disappointed the Joker origin story makes his whole personality just drug induced. I know he's generally a victim in a lot of origin stories but he still has some agency in those- here he is 100% a victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

i'm kind of disappointed the Joker origin story makes his whole personality just drug induced. I know he's generally a victim in a lot of origin stories but he still has some agency in those- here he is 100% a victim.

Not at all. Jerome went to great lengths to explain to the audience that his brother was just as evil/ if not more evil, than he was.
    He framed Jerome. He was hiding his true personality. Maybe partly the reason he hid himself away

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

jaxxx wrote:
    Don't watch The Killing Joke anyway. My god one of the greatest Batman stories, with THE Batman and THE Joker themselves (Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill), and they made a mess of it. Even the animation wasn't great. I've watched many of the animated DC movies multiple times, but never would I watch that again.

I really enjoyed the Dark Knight Returns I'm not sure if people were disappointed by it. Michael Emerson was very good as the Joker imo.
    I've only started watching the start of season 4 on e4 last week but I found the crime passes thing just plain stupid so I didn't seek the other episodes elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Was all excited for a new episode today (or was it yesterday....) and then BAM. No episode this week. !"£??~@~:@!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Not really a fan of how the last episode played out

• Advertisement

Me neither.

Thought the 2nd last ep was better

Jesus christ monkeyballs... That episode was insane! All the references and the plot referencing 'The Killing Joke' and omg that ending! I did not see that coming!!

jaxxx wrote: »
    Jesus christ monkeyballs... That episode was insane! All the references and the plot referencing 'The Killing Joke' and omg that ending! I did not see that coming!!

Just watched it. Was not expecting that ending

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

Yeah that ending! - 2 down
    7 to go

Word is this will be picked up for season 5 if they can't find a replacement for Clane Crawford on Lethal Weapon and they only have a few days to do that.

Amazing ending.

Weird joker tho. So monotonous. Bring back charismatic joker

• Advertisement

Amazing ending.

Honestly I'm still undecided on how I feel about how they went with the whole Jerome/Jeremiah schtick. I just can't shake that feeling that The Joker (when Jeremiah officially becomes known as him) is now just going to be a second version rather than an original, if you get my drift? I said it back in the very first season that I thought Joker was the one character they shouldn't touch or mess with because historically he's doesn't have an origin, i.e. his past is completely unknown. Can't fault the actor who plays Herome/Jeremiah, jesus christ he's well in the league of Ledger/Nicholson/even Hamill!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Amazing ending.

I'm liking this Joker, he's not supposed to be the finished article just the starting off of his peronia, or in this case 1 of multiples

Honestly I'm still undecided on how I feel about how they went with the whole Jerome/Jeremiah schtick. I just can't shake that feeling that The Joker (when Jeremiah officially becomes known as him) is now just going to be a second version rather than an original, if you get my drift? I said it back in the very first season that I thought Joker was the one character they shouldn't touch or mess with because historically he's doesn't have an origin, i.e. his past is completely unknown. Can't fault the actor who plays Herome/Jeremiah, jesus christ he's well in the league of Ledger/Nicholson/even Hamill!

He would be perfect for a film if they decided to make another one

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hopefully the writers will be able to do a proper job in finishing all the different arcs as well as bringing the characters to the fore

Such a pity it's the final season

Eh wut? Final season?? Geez! Way too soon for Bruce to become Batman (which I assume he'll do in the very last episode), goddammit he's way too young! And he hasn't had the proper training yet! AND THERE'S NO BATCAVE! Don't tell me he's gonna rapidly age into his 20's, master all known forms of martial arts AND build the batcave all in the space of a single season! Unless they do a skip forward X years thing, which would be sh@te. Fekc sake....... But I think the single most important question is, when is Jeremiah's hair gonna turn green??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Eh wut? Final season?? Geez! Way too soon for Bruce to become Batman (which I assume he'll do in the very last episode), goddammit he's way too young! And he hasn't had the proper training yet! AND THERE'S NO BATCAVE! Don't tell me he's gonna rapidly age into his 20's, master all known forms of martial arts AND build the batcave all in the space of a single season! Unless they do a skip forward X years thing, which would be sh@te. Fekc sake....... But I think the single most important question is, when is Jeremiah's hair gonna turn green??

His hair can't turn green as that would be too Joker like as Gotham can't use Joker name or the Joker look. There is a "Bat Embargo" on using any aspect of The Joker in Gotham.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    His hair can't turn green as that would be too Joker like as Gotham can't use Joker name or the Joker look. There is a "Bat Embargo" on using any aspect of The Joker in Gotham.

I say again.... GEEZ! I'm pulling my hair out at this point! Flippin' mother-truckin' sons of fiddly dinks! Gah!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

They may not even get a full season order as the renewal has the episode number TBC. Rumour yesterday (before renewal) was that they’d only get 13 episodes to wrap it up as that’s all that’s needed to hit the 100 episodes required for syndication (there will be 88 episodes at the end of season 4)

• Advertisement

The batcave is there, it's where his father had his supercomputer, behind the fire in the study.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I don't see it being that much of a stretch. He's already fighting crime, has some training, has the Batmobile and Batcave, has his 'public persona' seeded and accepted that this is his life's calling. He's not that far off. I had always hoped/anticipated the show would end with him leaving to get his training, so basically leading into Batman Begins. With how quickly Gotham moves, I could easily see them wrapping it up in a season, and it's probably for the best that they do.

I reckon he'll end up going away with raz at the end.

Leaving Gotham behind to do his training

Pribabaly leaving to further his training cos the villains got too much for him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Daxve wrote: »
    They may not even get a full season order as the renewal has the episode number TBC. Rumour yesterday (before renewal) was that they’d only get 13 episodes to wrap it up as that’s all that’s needed to hit the 100 episodes required for syndication (there will be 88 episodes at the end of season 4)
    100 episodes is not the number needed for syndication.

What does syndication mean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

What does syndication mean

You can sell a TV show to other stations other than the one that first showed the TV show. 100 was seen as a good number as you could show an episode a day during the week for 5 months but Star Trek only had 79 and that was syndicated to death after the show finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Fox revealed their fall schedule and Gotham has been moved to mid season

Does anyone else hate when they announce its the last season in advance ? Why not tell the writers but not the audience...

Now every episode I'm expecting something dramatic leading to the end of the arc

If I'm just watching free, I enjoy it way more.

It's why I never ever check how many episodes in a season.

Always expect a season finale to be dramatic. Better to just have a dramatic episode

The foreshadowing, omg the foreshadowing! There were a few bumpy moments alright (maybe slightly more than a few) but the goddamn setup for the final season!

• Advertisement

That was absolutely epic

Spoilers below here

Those creepy mask people at the end. That'll be cool

Bruce becoming the dark knight. Ras gone again.

How is selina crippled!?

What strange gonna do to riddler?

Penguin. What. A. Dick. Brilliant

And babs stealing every scene again as usual. Looks amazing too.

Also, how hot is talia. Character does sfa but She s gorgeous

Advertisement