Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gotham (Fox) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Exactly.

It's the price you pay for a show like this.

Every situation with Bruce you know he survives

That's one the reasons why game of thrones is so popular. Anyone can die.

Also why jeremiah death was so cool season 2. Cos assumed he'd be joker and then he died

I'm still not 100% chuffed about Joker's whole origin.
    Assuming Jerome becomes actually Joker (spoilers added just in case anyone hasn't seen last season), I'm still not feeling right with Joker being second-hand of you know what I mean, i.e. Jerome basically following in Jeremiah's footsteps.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For some reason it feels like there's been more than 4 episodes this season.

As for this week's episode
    Assuming they find out Ed did it, how can they justify teaming with him as we saw in the opening of the first episode?
    And of course Jeremiah can't be dead. I was thinking when she was stabbing him, why not just go for the throat.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    For some reason it feels like there's been more than 4 episodes this season.

As for this week's episode
    Assuming they find out Ed did it, how can they justify teaming with him as we saw in the opening of the first episode?
    And of course Jeremiah can't be dead. I was thinking when she was stabbing him, why not just go for the throat.

I'm curious what the hell Strange is up to, especially bombing Haven. I'm assuming he's pulling Ed's strings at night since he brought him and Lee back. Speaking of whom, where is she?
    Mighty curious it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭bren2001

jaxxx wrote: »
    I'm still not 100% chuffed about Joker's whole origin.
    Assuming Jerome becomes actually Joker (spoilers added just in case anyone hasn't seen last season), I'm still not feeling right with Joker being second-hand of you know what I mean, i.e. Jerome basically following in Jeremiah's footsteps.

Akaik, he's not the Joker and never can be. The Joker name is off limits to Gotham so this is not his back story.

https://mobile.twitter.com/cameronmonaghan/status/995422386437570560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E995422386437570560&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcomicbook.com%2Fdc%2F2018%2F05%2F13%2Fwhy-gotham-cant-use-the-joker-name%2F

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Not a fan of the character based Harley Quinn

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement

Think it was after the Zsasz shootout when Jim and Penguin were talking was the first time I noticed Penguin's prosthetic nose.

Just noticed they gave Harley Quinn the name Ecco in this, they really don’t want the joker and Harley characters being linked

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Season nearly over and bane hasn't even shown up yet. Nowhere near enough time to develop him.

Also pretty sure the real jeremiah was shown wearing goggles. That other dude was just a lookalike I say

A triplet?

We still need to really see Mr Freeze and Man Bat

Season nearly over and bane hasn't even shown up yet. Nowhere near enough time to develop him.

Also pretty sure the real jeremiah was shown wearing goggles. That other dude was just a lookalike I say

Bane first appearance is lined up for episode 8
    Last episode should be interesting jumping ahead a decade

• Advertisement

A triplet?

We still need to really see Mr Freeze and Man Bat

Is Victor fries (mr freeze) coming back into this ? I thought he was finished

Sorry, bad memory. Did we see him this season already?

Sorry, bad memory. Did we see him this season already?

He was in season 2 I’m sure

OmegaGene wrote: »
    He was in season 2 I’m sure

Meant to reply to this. So I think he's still active in Gotham so need to see what his territory is like.

Spoilers for this week's episode:
    Every time Shane West said Walker, I just thought Waller.
    No real explanation for Jeremiah still being alive.
    But, yeah Wayne Manor and very likely Bruce's parents (lookalikes).
    Would like to see Penguin start putting on some weight now.

Just as a matter of interest, is this Bruce being suggested as Affleck's replacement at all? Shouldn't get it but it's usually how these things work with regard rumours/suggestions

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Meant to reply to this. So I think he's still active in Gotham so need to see what his territory is like.

Spoilers for this week's episode:
    Every time Shane West said Walker, I just thought Waller.
    No real explanation for Jeremiah still being alive.
    But, yeah Wayne Manor and very likely Bruce's parents (lookalikes).
    Would like to see Penguin start putting on some weight now.

Just as a matter of interest, is this Bruce being suggested as Affleck's replacement at all? Shouldn't get it but it's usually how these things work with regard rumours/suggestions

I think DC have been adamant that they are keeping their TV and Film universes seperate so I'd be very surprised if there was any cross over from Gotham to the movies.

Clareman wrote: »
    I think DC have been adamant that they are keeping their TV and Film universes seperate so I'd be very surprised if there was any cross over from Gotham to the movies.

Leaving aside the different universes. He's nowhere near a good enough actor to pull off Batman on the big screen.

bren2001 wrote: »
    Leaving aside the different universes. He's nowhere near a good enough actor to pull off Batman on the big screen.

I agree with that he’s brutal

I agree with that he’s brutal

Batboy maybe, certainly not Batman. I don't think he's even 18 IRL, and he certainly doesn't look older than he actually is. Bruce is in his 20's I think when he first dons the cape and cowl, he doesn't look anywhere near in his 20's. And that's just physically. His acting isn't horrble, but it ain't great. In all honesty he's one of the worst of the cast, IMO anyway.

jaxxx wrote: »
    Batboy maybe, certainly not Batman. I don't think he's even 18 IRL, and he certainly doesn't look older than he actually is. Bruce is in his 20's I think when he first dons the cape and cowl, he doesn't look anywhere near in his 20's. And that's just physically. His acting isn't horrble, but it ain't great. In all honesty he's one of the worst of the cast, IMO anyway.

Should be interesting when they jump forward 10 years

Should be interesting when they jump forward 10 years

Surely they'll bring in another actor to play him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Whats the story with jeremiah ?

How did he survive that !? Just jumped back up no hassle.

I liked the penguin ed scenes but not much else from that episode.

Whats the story with jeremiah ?

How did he survive that !? Just jumped back up no hassle.

I liked the penguin ed scenes but not much else from that episode.

There was a doctor in the first scene with him back. That seems to be the explanation. Multiple stab wounds seemingly doesn't kill him. Reminds me of the season of Sherlock that was never actually explained.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I caught up with the season over the last few days and I really like how they've positioned everything for the last 6 episodes.

Next episode looks like it could be a series highlight contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

And it was all going so well until this episode

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Complete filler episode, nothing to further the overall arc and nothing to be referenced again, pity cause it was going along at a nice pace

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

Another terrible episode.
    Why do they always do this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I think they were given two extra episodes unexpectedly so the season feels like it has a fair bit of filler. Not sure what the endgame is as the Bane character is a bit underwhelming to be the big bad.
    The Jim and Lee story line feels a bit weird, Lee is total different to last year and it feels that the writers are going to kill Barbara to make J&L's family perfect.

Bane looks terrible, I'd almost go to say the worst Bane outside of cartoons/comics.

The writers have had to have had a long term story line for Barbara, ffs giving her the same name as Bargirl was a bit of a giveaway.

Outside of the 2 filler episodes I'm enjoying this series, I think there's great potential for a series or 2 without Bruce with Gotham still disconnected from the mainland.

Episode 8 and 9 were absolutely terrible

• Advertisement

Episode 8 and 9 were absolutely terrible

The Trial of James Gordon sounded fantastic and then it turned out to be a trial in his head....

I enjoyed the wedding at least....

Advertisement