Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gotham (Fox) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Yeah, my impression from Batman Begins was that he's supposed to disappear altogether for a few years.

To go off training with Ra's Al Ghul, right?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Send him off overseas while Alfred & Gordon team up to clean up the city while there's a power battle between the villains, that could be a decent season.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,386 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Isn't that that real story of Gotham it could be a decent season but it never is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭OU812

I'm six episodes into season three & not really digging it, should I stick with it or just jump straight to season 4 which seems to be more on track (from the trailer)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Clareman wrote: »
    I think I'd much prefer is Bruce went off to learn how to be Batman for a few years rather than having to watch him learn in Gotham

Maybe I'm alone here but I think Bruce is still too young to be fighting anyone yet, and certainly donning a mask. I'm not certain about his exact age, I'm guessing the 16-18 mark. As it stands he's still lightyears away from having the fighting ability that he needs to become Batman. I'd rather see him go away for a while as you say and receive that training while we see Gotham become so desperate and crime ridden that the city actually needs a protector.

Then of course there's his detective skills. We saw a bit of that coming to light in the first episode, but he ain't gonna become the world's greatest detective quickly. Plus how many times is he gonna take that mask off out in the open... geez.
    OU812 wrote: »
    I'm six episodes into season three & not really digging it, should I stick with it or just jump straight to season 4 which seems to be more on track (from the trailer)

It's an acquired taste I think. Something you either like or you don't. I quite enjoy it, but can see why some people don't dig it. Watching S3 is worth it as many things from S3 will feed into S4 that you mightn't get if you hadn't watched past seasons.
    Slydice wrote: »
    Yeah, my impression from Batman Begins was that he's supposed to disappear altogether for a few years.

To go off training with Ra's Al Ghul, right?

Don't think training with Ra's is from the comics (do correct me if I'm wrong), only in Nolan's universe. His training came from various monks, etc while he was away for a couple years before returning to Gotham... I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I'm a huge batman fan and I'm so happy this is back. It's nice to have a show about the other characters in Gotham and not all about Batman. If they copied the comics you'd just end up with the same old thing as the films but they went for a new take on Gotham city. There's so many different takes on the DC characters in the comics even the Joker has a couple of different back stories

EPAndlee wrote: »
    I'm a huge batman fan and I'm so happy this is back. It's nice to have a show about the other characters in Gotham and not all about Batman. If they copied the comics you'd just end up with the same old thing as the films but they went for a new take on Gotham city. There's so many different takes on the DC characters in the comics even the Joker has a couple of different back stories

Is Jerome gonna turn out to be The Joker? I'm thinking he has to be, cos otherwise whoever it would be would just be a copy of Jerome from last season (or was it S2, I can't remember).

I'm not liking the way they're heading with Ivy. She's coming across as a complete air head.
    Gotta say though, I loved the foreshadowing when Bruce met Gordon and then disappeared when Gordon was turned... I immediately thought "you better get used to that Jim!"

jaxxx wrote: »
    Is Jerome gonna turn out to be The Joker? I'm thinking he has to be, cos otherwise whoever it would be would just be a copy of Jerome from last season (or was it S2, I can't remember).

I'm not liking the way they're heading with Ivy. She's coming across as a complete air head.
    Gotta say though, I loved the foreshadowing when Bruce met Gordon and then disappeared when Gordon was turned... I immediately thought "you better get used to that Jim!"

He was only in a couple of episodes in series 3 but I'd assume he is the joker. The storyline would fit the Joker.

As for Ivy I think she will take a turn to her own independence

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Maybe I'm alone here but I think Bruce is still too young to be fighting anyone yet, and certainly donning a mask. I'm not certain about his exact age, I'm guessing the 16-18 mark. As it stands he's still lightyears away from having the fighting ability that he needs to become Batman. I'd rather see him go away for a while as you say and receive that training while we see Gotham become so desperate and crime ridden that the city actually needs a protector.

Then of course there's his detective skills. We saw a bit of that coming to light in the first episode, but he ain't gonna become the world's greatest detective quickly. Plus how many times is he gonna take that mask off out in the open... geez.

I agree, I'd prefer if they concentrated on him becoming the worlds greatest detective and then do the physical stuff, but knowing this show he'll probably have the suit by the end of October and the car by November.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

To be fair, they've had three whole seasons of him being a whiney, wuss kid who's got his arse kicked every time he put his head above water, and he's still getting stuff wrong, I don't think you can accuse them of rushing the Batman thing. I'm actually impressed at the restraint their showing with that considering they do stuff like have Gordon get arrested for murder and have him escape from prison the next episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭bren2001

Caught up on the first two episodes of the new season last night. This show has picked up right where it left off (that's not a compliment).

Still really think they're rushing Bruce into a vigilante. I mean geez now he has a mask and suit, all he's missing are the ears and cape. He's still years away from the training he needs to become Batman. Plus he's still way too young. I'm liking the way other things are headed though. The whole "legal crime" scenario and the downgrading of the GCPD is one of the key things that's going to lead into Gotham actually needing Batman. Not certain it's gonna stick for the whole season, but it's certainly going to feed into something else and possibly worse. Falcone is coming back after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,233 ✭✭✭corkie

Alexander Siddig as Ra's al Ghul, must now probably be a series regular?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I think somebody is coming back from the dead. Penguin said 'Nobody stays dead in this City' at the auction for the dagger, used for bringing people back to life. I'm no Sherlock Holmes but....

I think somebody is coming back from the dead. Penguin said 'Nobody stays dead in this City' at the auction for the dagger, used for bringing people back to life. I'm no Sherlock Holmes but....

Ra's wants that dagger... desperately. Initially I thought he may need it to use the Lazaris Pit, but then he couldn't have brought Barbara back if he didn't have it. I'm thinking it has some sort of power for those brought back from the dead.
    I'm thinking it's Butch. We learned last season his real name is Cyrus Gold. And of course, Cyrus Gold is Solomon Grundy. So I'm hypothesising that he's part of Ra's plan. It would be quite fitting as well seeing as it was Penguin who said "no one stays dead in this city" as you pointed out.

I really hope they don't bring Fish back... Can't remember what happened to her at end of last season and quite frankly I don't care. But she's the only character on that show that I cannot stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

bren2001 wrote: »
    Caught up on the first two episodes of the new season last night. This show has picked up right where it left off (that's not a compliment).

Well, I suppose you either like it or you dont. I do, and I hope they dont change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I was out on last season, tepidly back in on this so far. Putting Jim and Bruce together as the central story works, I'm starting to get into the Batman vibe.

Grundy too small

Grundy need be bigger

Grundy too small

Grundy need be bigger

Yeah I agree.
    Also I think they made his 'transformation' far too quick. He should've been dumped there and come back as Grundy into the halfway point of the season or so.
    Size aside though I'm liking the way it's headed.

Bruce's actions last week p*ssed me off though.
    He fell right into Ra's plans... even I could see Ra's was only in there by choice. Then he brought him the knife PREDICTABLE and stabbed him... So it's a question of is he coming back this season or will we not see him again till later seasons.
    I was literally punching myself it was so stupid. God sakes Bruce is supposed to have genius level intellect...

I'm kinda hoping to see a Talia easter egg. Don't want her to appear directly but some little easter egg would be nice.

Ivy has been recast again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,428 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I really liked looking at Maggie Geha

Change actress all they want. It'll still be the mind of a kid, as the character

I had forgotten this was even on anymore.

Next part of the season returns on March 1st.

I'm looking forward to the return tbh

Ah sure the last episode wasn't that long ago, it was only...

(minus 2, times Pi, carry the 1...)

100 years ago?

Seriously wtf is it with American shows and these god awful long breaks.

Ah sure the last episode wasn't that long ago, it was only...

(minus 2, times Pi, carry the 1...)

100 years ago?

Seriously wtf is it with American shows and these god awful long breaks.

There's going to be a lot of missing shows for the next month or so thanks to the Winter Olympics.

Gotham is back for anyone that has forgotten

American Networks really know how to kill shows don't they

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

Wasn't really feeling that episode. Don't like new Ivy.

Advertisement