Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gotham (Fox) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't have a problem with the series, it's the pacing and the wasted opportunities but there is some saving graces like saying that 90% of Gotham has been cured, that leaves loads of "freaks of the week".

With Supergirl, Arrow and Flash going well on the CW I can't see Fox cancelling their DC show, at 22 shows a series I can see it going another 2 series anyway to get to the magic 100, I know the 100 isn't as big a deal as it used to be but it's still a decent target to go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

This season really gave way to its network trappings and the need for so many episodes with short-term plotting and dramatic twists almost every episode. I wouldn't give up on it, solely based off how well they bounced back with S2 from the first, and there was some brilliant stuff in this one if taken in a vacuum, but as a whole the series was a bit of a mess and that's a shame. The finale pulled it back a bit, but it felt for weeks that we were just killing time and doing unnecessary twists just to get to this stage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Oh yeah, I meant to mention earlier, Morena Baccarin would be perfect if they ever remake The Adams Family

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Jesus
    Gotham star Donal Logue has appealed for the safe return of his 16-year-old daughter after she went missing last month.

The actor, who plays Harvey Bullock in the DC Comics TV show, posted an impassioned appeal on Facebook after daughter Jade went missing on June 26 – having been last spotted near the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
    Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/tv/gotham-star-donal-logue-appeals-for-safe-return-of-missing-teenage-daughter-2097879#1fAyXSerYVir8uBs.99

• Registered Users Posts: 60,386 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭TopOfTheRight

Any indication when we'll get season 3 on Netflix?

Any indication when we'll get season 3 on Netflix?

Its showing on RTE2 early Monday mornings,episode 15 of season 3 is next!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭TopOfTheRight

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Its showing on RTE2 early Monday mornings,episode 15 of season 3 is next!

Not on RTE player though.

Was there much of a delay between season 2 airing and it going on Netflix?

Not on RTE player though.

Was there much of a delay between season 2 airing and it going on Netflix?

AFAIK it was in August,on Netflix! I stand to be corrected1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Link to comic con trailer as Spoiler in thumbnail
    https://youtu.be/dd3Dp4zVJmY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was reading that Crystal Reed has been cast, who I'll happily watch.

And that's Crystal Reed of Teen Wolf fame. Not to be confused with Crystal Swing, which I'm sure would also be interesting.

http://tvline.com/2017/07/23/gotham-season-4-trailer-scarecrow/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,847 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Oh nice, i enjoy looking at her!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Finally caught up. Comes across as solid TV to me. Gotham never felt like it promised anything more than it's been delivering.. and it is delivering.

I expect the chaos to continue next season! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Barnes jumping from the ceiling and decapitating someone was far too funny to be menacing. Honestly Gotham tells seasons worth of content in 3 or 4 episodes. Alfred found out Bruce was a clone way too fast. When Alfred said I'm a Butler and stabbed the hand it was again more laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,346 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

If you haven't seen the show yet when in Season 3. Some news for you about the apparent Channel 5 release in the UK.

The DVD/Blu-ray set will still be available for sale on the 28th of August. This is only days before the show is premiered on Netflix UK on the 1st of September, according to Netflix UK's Twitter feed, which means Channel 5 in the UK is not showing Season 3 at all.

https://news.newonnetflix.info/news/gotham-season-3-uk-release-date-for-netflix/

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

So odd, C5 made such a big deal about getting the show. I guess the buzz has worn off it. It's better than what RTE does, hype a show up for a bit and buries it in a late night slot.

So odd, C5 made such a big deal about getting the show. I guess the buzz has worn off it. It's better than what RTE does, hype a show up for a bit and buries it in a late night slot.

Rte ran the first four seasons of Person Of Interest and now they tell me they have no plans to show the 5th and final season! Oh well,it must be due on Netflix very soon!

Damn, that looks like it could be good!

Moving to Thursday nights (in the US) according to the trailer as well.

• Advertisement

Can't wait, I love this show. Probably next year before rte shows it though!

Casting News:
    Michael Cerveris cast as Professor Pyg
    TVLine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,234 ✭✭✭corkie

Gotham - A Dark Knight!

S04E01 - Pax Penguina --- Episode airs 21 September 2017

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Well, they do a good trailer anyway! Lets hope the season will live up to it! Looks good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,386 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well it's back and it's the same old same old.

Why I keep watching I really don't know but I think it's very close to the end of me watching it.

Jim is a total pain in the arse and I predict he gets arrested again this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was planning on not watching this season. But since nothing else on at the moment, I watched the new episode.

When I first saw the gang leader with his face partially covered, I thought it was Steve Buscemi but knew it wasn't. Then saw the name Michael Buscemi in the credits. Can definitely see the resemblance.

For that ending
    Why take the mask off in front of criminals?

I did like Tabitha's top at the party

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

*grin* Tabby Cat :)
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    For that ending
    Why take the mask off in front of criminals?

It feels right for how
    they've been developing him so far. They've got him pretty much developing as a vigilante without much of an idea of how it's been done before. He's going in the batman direction but making mistakes and learning stuff along the way

I think I'd much prefer is Bruce went off to learn how to be Batman for a few years rather than having to watch him learn in Gotham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Clareman wrote:
    I think I'd much prefer is Bruce went off to learn how to be Batman for a few years rather than having to watch him learn in Gotham

They should nearly do that with Jim Gordon instead of Bruce.
    He seems to be a complete loonatic for someone who is a commissioner

Advertisement