Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Chromecast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭corkie

Free Chromecast Ebook on amazon!

Edit: It was only free yesterday!

Amazon.co.uk

or

Amazon.com

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

AllCast Receiver App Hits The Chrome Web Store, Android App Updated With Support

The chrome extension for the receiver is available here.

There is also an android receiver version available in the playstore

Some people might find some handy use for the above apps.

Note: These apps above require the AllCast App to work. And the full license version to get full benefit.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I have a set of Devolo power line adapters with a Chromecast linked to the router and another to the power line wireless access point. Now if I'm connected to say the router I can't see the Chromecast connected to the access point, and vice versa.

This isn't a problem on a windows machine as I can see both Chromecasts so it seems to be an android issue. Anyone experienced something similar?

Copy now has chromecast support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

I guess this it the correct thread to point out that there is now a Chromecast app for Lynda.com

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lynda.android.root&hl=en

• Advertisement

Chromecast Mirroring coming to a few selected devices.
    Chromecast mirroring will be included as a beta for select devices as Google Play Services get updated over the next couple of weeks. Those devices include those listed above: HTC One M7, LG G2, LG G2 Pro, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 10, Samsung Galaxy Note3, Samsung Galaxy S4, and Samsung Galaxy S5 to start.

The Nexus 7 (2012) not on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

corkie wrote: »
    Chromecast Mirroring coming to a few selected devices.

The Nexus 7 (2012) not on the list.

So....if I'm playing a movie via MX Player on my phone\tablet for example will it then get mirrored to my TV once I have a compatible device!?

Thanks,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    So....if I'm playing a movie via MX Player on my phone\tablet for example will it then get mirrored to my TV once I have a compatible device!?

Thanks,
    M

Basically yes. But a bad example you would be better off just casting the movie with app like allcast, avia or localcast.

It is the most requested feature for the chromecast. But there would be a lag issue for mirroring games etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Could never get Miracast working on my N4, guessing the mirroring is along the same lines as Miracast. The fact that the Play Services need to be updated imply that it will be limited in some way?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Basically yes. But a bad example you would be better off just casting the movie with app like allcast, avia or localcast.

It is the most requested feature for the chromecast. But there would be a lag issue for mirroring games etc.

But I don't want to use allcast, avia or localcast! I just want to use MX Player like I have always done and have the option to have it displayed on the TV as well, the simplest and easiest way possible!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Any date on when mobdro will be available?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Any date on when mobdro will be available?

No dates but on their google plus account it says testing is going very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭DERPY DERPFACE

It was announced at Google io that there will be full screen mirroring for the chrome cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Just been trying it out there watching netflix and youtube, its been faultless so far. I was very supprised that it didn't run down the battery on my phone too much.

Very pleased with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

In your case the only time it uses your phone is to receive instructions as to what to stream. It then connects directly to the service so doesn't go through the phone any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Just been trying it out there watching netflix and youtube, its been faultless so far. I was very supprised that it didn't run down the battery on my phone too much.

Very pleased with it.
    Yeah but full screen mirroring will eat the battery in all likelihood. Casting supported apps like youtube is totally different.

We use chromecast for TV. As we live in Germany beyond the satellite footprint for UK freesat we rely on Zattoo and some smart DNS trickery to get UK live TV and 7 day catchup. Zattoo supports native casting from android for a couple of weeks now so our mobiles have become remote controls and quite good ones as you can see what's on before changing channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

murphaph wrote: »
    Yeah but full screen mirroring will eat the battery in all likelihood. Casting supported apps like youtube is totally different.

We use chromecast for TV. As we live in Germany beyond the satellite footprint for UK freesat we rely on Zattoo and some smart DNS trickery to get UK live TV and 7 day catchup. Zattoo supports native casting from android for a couple of weeks now so our mobiles have become remote controls and quite good ones as you can see what's on before changing channel.

Never heard of it , have you any more info in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kleine Hundin

I can't post links but if you look at eyeondemand.com website you will find a review of zattoo and other similar services.

Chromecast Mirroring of android now available for some devices.

Chromecast App Updated To v1.7 With Screen Casting Integration [APK Download]

Google states that this feature is currently in Beta, so if it seems broken at times, don’t be alarmed.

Here is the list of compatible devices:

Nexus 4
    Nexus 5
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Nexus 10
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Google Play Edition)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10
    HTC One M7
    HTC One M7 (Google Play Edition)
    LG G3
    LG G2
    LG G Pro 2

Support for additional devices coming soon

To use it, you will need the updated Chromecast application from Google Play, so be on the lookout for version 1.7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

Cheers , Installed and tried Sky GO and got Sky Go does not support Miracast . RTE Player working but unwatchable all this using a Galaxy S4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

projectgtr wrote: »
    Never heard of it , have you any more info in it?
    Sorry missed this post.

It's a swiss based company that streams dozens of free to air TV stations that are available on Switzerland as Swiss law allows inside Switzerland. To access the Swiss streams requires either a VPN or smart DNS.

Zattoo offer 7 day catchup and HD channels and in the cloud instant recording of 250 shows if you have a subscription. All in all a great solution for those of us who can't access TV via satellite.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

yabadabado wrote: »
    downloaded the APK but it isn't showing up on the app.Antone else having problems ?

Ditto. 2012 Nexus 7.

Google states that this feature is currently in Beta, so if it seems broken at times, don’t be alarmed.

Here is the list of compatible devices:

Nexus 4
    Nexus 5
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Nexus 10
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Google Play Edition)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10
    HTC One M7
    HTC One M7 (Google Play Edition)
    LG G3
    LG G2
    LG G Pro 2

Support for additional devices coming soon

To use it, you will need the updated Chromecast application from Google Play, so be on the lookout for version 1.7.

I also have an unsupported Nexus 7 (2012) and Xperia Z1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

I also have an unsupported Nexus 7 (2012) and Xperia Z1.

The M8 isn't supported?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Mirroring is working great on my nexus 5. Just played around with it for a few minutes but it worked well and seemed very responsive using the browser & gallery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭SteM

Pique wrote: »
    The M8 isn't supported?

It's just the initial list, it will be pretty soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Are peoples apps auto updating to 1.7 or are they downloading the APK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Mine auto updated

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement