Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Chromecast

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Can you use this with iphone ?

Might be able to use the YouTube app or maybe the chrome, Chromecast and netflix app, not sure if it does much else with the iPhone, I could be open to correction though....

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

I am using the new screen mirroring functionality from my S5 with the chromecast to work with the M app - seems a lot more stable. I am finding however that my phone gets very warm. Anybody else experiencing the same issues ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Can somebody pm the app please!!
    daveohdave wrote: »
    Me too. I have one but I think two have been mentioned?

PM Sent.

You have to install the latest from their websites for them to auto update. The old one from the Google Play store doesn't update anymore.
    Can you use this with iphone ?

You can select iOS from the list on this page
    https://www.google.ie/chrome/devices/chromecast/apps.html
    Select iOS after "Show apps for". 97 iOS apps currently support Chromecast and counting (most aren't great though).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Tweaky wrote: »
    I am using the new screen mirroring functionality from my S5 with the chromecast to work with the M app - seems a lot more stable. I am finding however that my phone gets very warm. Anybody else experiencing the same issues ?

Why not just use the app, works well!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Why not just use the app, works well!

Was very slow to start streaming and on more than one occassion was getting an error to say "not available on chromecast - check back later" Might try again after yesterdays update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,638 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Found another one, gotta pay for casting but tried a few films and no buffering like box show

TV portal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

dahat wrote: »
    Found another one, gotta pay for casting but tried a few films and no buffering like box show

www.nothingtoseehere.ie

I actually found the pro apk for that app online and if you or anyone else wants it be sure to pm me.

FYI, you should remove that link and it's against the Boards charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

The M app has added chromecast support to much more channels in the new update yesterday.

Right now I'm watching Fox News in what looks like full hd on my tv courtesy of M.
    They're running an ad for an organisation sending aid parcels to Israel to help those affected by the war...yes to Israel!
    Always find something "different" on these channels you'd never ordinarily watch.

If anyone else wants the app please let me know as I've compiled an easy zip folder with all 3 apps inside.

Hope this isn't against the Boards charter and my sincere apologies to the mods if it is!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭clickhere

If anyone else wants the app please let me know as I've compiled an easy zip folder with all 3 apps inside.

Hope this isn't against the Boards charter and my sincere apologies to the mods if it is!

Thanks.[
    Any chance you could send me that zip folder AlanS181824.I tried to message you but your box seems to be full.Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Hi Alan,

Any chance you can do the same for me. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Hi Alan,

Any chance you can do the same for me. Cheers!

M app has a new update again today 1.2.5

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Alan your inbox is full

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Thanks.

Hi Alan,

Could you send it to me too please?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

Me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

That app has nothing but updates. And I found it created a folder on my devices and put in random snippets of bits of videos. I only used it for a minute to see what it was all about so I wouldn't like to see how many media files it creates if used for any length of time. Got rid of it soon afterwards anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

ThisRegard wrote: »
    That app has nothing but updates. And I found it created a folder on my devices and put in random snippets of bits of videos. I only used it for a minute to see what it was all about so I wouldn't like to see how many media files it creates if used for any length of time. Got rid of it soon afterwards anyway.

I'd be thinking its for the chromecast support.
    As for the snippets you can delete them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Tweaky wrote: »
    M app has a new update again today 1.2.5

Yeah, I can't install the update for some reason ?

Edit: there was a problem Parsing the package message

• Registered Users Posts: 21 chris.c2010

Thanks.

Hi Alan, could you send me that link if you get a chance?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi all,

I'll send the zip file to you all once I get my inbox cleared.

It'll be some time today.

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

Hi Alan,

Any chance you can link me in too. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

naughto wrote: »
    I'd be thinking its for the chromecast support.
    First update was, not sure why the next 2 or 3 came along.
    naughto wrote: »
    As for the snippets you can delete them

I did, but why the need for them in the first place.

Anyway, as I said, it was to to check out what the app does, I've plenty of legal means to watch movies and tv, not that I get much time to watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Actually you've broken more than one rule and I am inclined to believe that you're not so stupid as to be ignorant of this. Two week ban.

Warnings / infractions to follow as I review the last few pages and card those who have clearly been trying to source apps (and warez) that circumvent copyright laws - 'M app' indeed...

TBH, this thread has degenerated into little more than a discussion on how to watch copyrighted movies / TV shows and now even warez, so I suspect it's time that it is closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement