Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Chromecast

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Can anyone tell me is it possible to launch the Plex app on my phone and watch it on the TV via Chromecast?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

54kroc wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me is it possible to launch the Plex app on my phone and watch it on the TV via Chromecast?
    You can indeed!

Have the Plex server running on your computer/nas launch the paid Plex app, pick something to watch and tap the little icon in the corner for Chromecast!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

THAT app now has chromecast support now on the free version.
    The chromecast symbol only appears if you have the chromecast plugged in and ready to roll so it's easy to miss the fact that it's upgraded. It doesn't work with every stream but worked with the sports ones I tried.
    Happy news for mod bros and girls!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

THAT app now has chromecast support now on the free version. The chromecast symbol only appears if you have the chromecast plugged in and ready to roll so it's easy to miss the fact that it's upgraded. It doesn't work with every stream but worked with the sports ones I tried. Happy news for mod bros and girls!

which app is that? Pm please.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

THAT app now has chromecast support now on the free version.
    The chromecast symbol only appears if you have the chromecast plugged in and ready to roll so it's easy to miss the fact that it's upgraded. It doesn't work with every stream but worked with the sports ones I tried.
    Happy news for mod bros and girls!:)

Best day ever..... Well not really but good news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

could I get a PM about that app.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

What is the secret app please anyone? sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Can you pm me please and thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

THAT app now has chromecast support now on the free version. The chromecast symbol only appears if you have the chromecast plugged in and ready to roll so it's easy to miss the fact that it's upgraded. It doesn't work with every stream but worked with the sports ones I tried. Happy news for mod bros and girls!

Please PM me...thanks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Appreciate if someone could pm me also adit the app. Cheers

Man
    On
    Dat
    Bike
    Riding
    Off

Just checked and casting is "coming soon" and read on the net its being saying that for months

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

jeffk wrote: »
    Just checked and casting is "coming soon" and read on the net its being saying that for months

If you get your chromecast running and open the app after that you'll find the chromecast symbol is there. They announced it and how to use it on their google+ page.
    It's still "experimental" and doesn't work for all streams but I found it worked fine for what I wanted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I had it working earlier ,only tried 3 channels but they all worked.

Got the M and S app going last night thanks to those who gave me the names.

Had to reinstall adaway and revert my host files as the M app thought I had an adblocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

What's the best way to stream local files directly from a laptop/tablet? Am currently just casting a tab from Chrome and playing the video through this, but am noticing a slight lag. Is Videostream any better?

Also, I have been using Hola with Netflix on my tablet to get US shows, but can't play these through chromecast as it bypasses Hola. Is there an easy way to resolve this without messing around with DNS settings on the router etc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

PM sent :cool:

Could you PM me aswell please? :)

What's the best way to stream local files directly from a laptop/tablet? Am currently just casting a tab from Chrome and playing the video through this, but am noticing a slight lag. Is Videostream any better?

Also, I have been using Hola with Netflix on my tablet to get US shows, but can't play these through chromecast as it bypasses Hola. Is there an easy way to resolve this without messing around with DNS settings on the router etc?

Vidoestream is perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭corkie

jeffk wrote: »
    Vidoestream is perfect

Second that, Videostream is much more better than just tab casting.

I have the premium versions which enables playlists.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,654 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is that the M app? I had it working earlier on with the latest version available from their site. 1.2.3 iirc.

I'm only on version 1.1.1 should the app auto update or do I need to install a new version?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I'm only on version 1.1.1 should the app auto update or do I need to install a new version?

Likely just install the latest to be sure to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭droidman123

I just hit the cast icon on my nexus 10 and nexus 7, everything is mirrored on to my TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,654 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Just installed, happy days ;)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

tharmor wrote: »
    Please PM me...thanks...

Can somebody pm the app please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Just installed videostream. Deadly! Worked perfectly with no lag at all. I think I'm quickly converting to this chromecast lark.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

Can somebody pm the app please!!

Me too. I have one but I think two have been mentioned?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Can you use this with iphone ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement