Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat Season 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

roryc wrote: »
    What would people say to creating a separate league for 'season' teams? By this I mean an entirely separate FF team to your current one, where you pick a team for the season in GW1 and aren't allowed touch it for the year. No change of captain, no transfers, no subs. You literally pick it in GW1 and forget about it. GW3 and your keeper is out for the season? Touch shit!

Thinking behind it is - at one stage in Feb/March last season we worked out it was feasible for you to have had a team from GW1 and been 1st in the world. Would be a good laugh anyway, if anyone's interested post 'IN' and I'll set up a thread.

I'm interested.

I'm guessing most people strategy will be:

1. Get RVP.
    2. Captain him.
    3. Fill in the rest of your team.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

roryc wrote: »
    What would people say to creating a separate league for 'season' teams? By this I mean an entirely separate FF team to your current one, where you pick a team for the season in GW1 and aren't allowed touch it for the year. No change of captain, no transfers, no subs. You literally pick it in GW1 and forget about it. GW3 and your keeper is out for the season? Touch shit!

Thinking behind it is - at one stage in Feb/March last season we worked out it was feasible for you to have had a team from GW1 and been 1st in the world. Would be a good laugh anyway, if anyone's interested post 'IN' and I'll set up a thread.

Can you submit a team with only eleven players?
    If a player is injured don't they automatically put in your subs?

Also interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Haha yeah, the captaincy is basically taken out of it, although he's not guaranteed to be the top points scorer this year.

There's definitely a strategy to it though. Bale staying/going is a big gamble.
    F1ngers wrote: »
    Can you submit a team with only eleven players?
    If a player is injured don't they automatically put in your subs?

Nah, it would be a normal squad of 15, but you can't do any changes. Automatic subs are fine.

F**k it i'll make a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Wonder will the FPL site crash Fri night/Sat morning like before? Make sure to have your team set up early, just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Well, that's that. My team is finally decided on and picked barring any sudden injury or team news tomorrow. Roll on another year!

Good luck all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

After watching the fantasy football show on sky, I said Id set up a team in their version of the game. Likely wont look at it for a few weeks:pac: *back to fpl*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Fowler87 wrote: »
    After watching the fantasy football show on sky, I said Id set up a team in their version of the game. Likely wont look at it for a few weeks:pac: *back to fpl*

they could have had a great show if they'd stuck to the proper game and not created their own. maybe they couldn't talk about this one? but if they had it'd have made some good friday evening viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Hogey007 wrote: »
    they could have had a great show if they'd stuck to the proper game and not created their own. maybe they couldn't talk about this one? but if they had it'd have made some good friday evening viewing.

They had to create their own I'd say as they'd be proprietary enough about things as it is. Besides the free FPL game can make them nothing while their game has plenty links to Sky Bet etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

slingerz wrote: »
    They had to create their own I'd say as they'd be proprietary enough about things as it is. Besides the free FPL game can make them nothing while their game has plenty links to Sky Bet etc.

that's true. shame though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Invincible wrote: »
    Wonder will the FPL site crash Fri night/Sat morning like before? Make sure to have your team set up early, just in case!

Was just coming in to make the exact same comment - making my final changes now, just incase

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

What's the story with Aguero? Not playing many pre season games, is he being phased out for the new guys or what's the craic? Need to pick a City player for the weekend and want to pick a striker who will be starting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Aguero has been injured he's just returned to training a few days ago .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Liverpool have signed left-back Aly Cissokho from Valencia on loan for the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Invincible wrote: »
    Liverpool have signed left-back Aly Cissokho from Valencia on loan for the season.

He hasn't signed, they've agreed a deal .

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Jax Teller wrote: »

Cheers! Gonna go for another one of them instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Jax Teller wrote: »

Manchester Evening News reporter on twitter says...

"Finished with Manuel Pellegrini. Says Nastasic will miss game with Newcastle but will train properly next week. Aguero is in contention."

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

daithijjj wrote: »
    Manchester Evening News reporter on twitter says...

"Finished with Manuel Pellegrini. Says Nastasic will miss game with Newcastle but will train properly next week. Aguero is in contention."

Hmmm, don't know whether to stick with Lescott. He's by no means certain to play weeks 1,2,3 so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Whats the feeling on Lampard, will he be a fixture in Jose Chelsea this season do people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,077 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

buyer95 wrote: »
    Whats the feeling on Lampard, will he be a fixture in Jose Chelsea this season do people think?

José has said he'll b rotated.

so it depends if you believe him.

it also depends if you think he'll start the season with him, then rest him. if you think he'll start with him, then he's a cracking addition. but the likes of Hazard are more sure fire.

it depends on whether you want to take that risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

FFS appears to have collapsed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

KevIRL wrote: »

Was just about to head over there to see if there was any last minute news. Might try the pit that is FISO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,352 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Southampton sign Pablo Osvaldo from Roma. That will surely affect Rickie Lambert's gametime.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Did that one team for the season league ever get up and running? Good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

THFC wrote: »
    Did that one team for the season league ever get up and running? Good idea.

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Seen on one of the threads earlier, a couple of sites re player prices changes, ratings etc. Could anyone one direct me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Seen on one of the threads earlier, a couple of sites re player prices changes, ratings etc. Could anyone one direct me please.

2 of the main ones.

http://www.fiso.co.uk/crackthecode.php

http://totalfpl.com/pricechanges

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

jebforever wrote: »
    Southampton sign Pablo Osvaldo from Roma. That will surely affect Rickie Lambert's gametime.

And J-Rod's :(

Advertisement